What's the craziest thing you've heard a person do to get into med school?

muffeoniv

Removed
Oct 8, 2010
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
One of my friend's told my about this kid who started a clinic in Africa and had interviews at Harvard ect.

what's the "craziest" thing you've heard?

Jun 15, 2010
WA
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
One of my friend's told my about this kid who started a clinic in Africa and had interviews at Harvard ect.

what's the "craziest" thing you've heard?

I sure hope the person started the clinic in Africa not to "get into med school" but to actually help people (and having it be a boost to their application is just a plus).

About the Ads

jvesco22

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2009
Status
Well, there's this legend about this kid named Muff, though no one's ever seen him and lived to talk about it. Word has it that he made so many contributive threads on some mythical pre-medical website, that he got accepted into Ross University on his first try. I don't have all the details, but to me, that's some pretty CRAZY stuff.

Frazier

Palliative Emergentologist
Lifetime Donor
Nov 12, 2009
US
Status
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Well, there's this legend about this kid named Muff, though no one's ever seen him and lived to talk about it. Word has it that he made so many contributive threads on some mythical pre-medical website, that he got accepted into Ross University on his first try. I don't have all the details, but to me, that's some pretty CRAZY stuff.

My first thought was to respond like this. ^

Brilliant minds, my friend.
:highfive:

NickNaylor

Thank You for Smoking
Lifetime Donor
May 22, 2008
Deep in the heart of Texas
Status
  1. Attending Physician

I thought about going this route as well.

WeAreNotRobots

m.d. doing radiology
10+ Year Member
Nov 11, 2008
u.s.a.
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]
muffdiver needs to take some time away from sdn. (s)he needs to realize the vast number of useful threads that already exist on this site; learn how to Search; and think twice before creating new threads that serve no purpose.

Doc of the Walk

Removed
Nov 9, 2010
Funkytown, Virginia
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Yep. I actually started a clinic on the MOON to study and treat moon-related diseases. I hope this helps my chances...

Pshhh, I started a clinic on Venus using the sulfur in the air and the lighting storms to power my generator that I created using toothpicks, carpenter glue, my cat's pajamas, and paperclips just so I could get into medical school. And I'm just a freshman...booyah!

HK35

5+ Year Member
Jan 28, 2010
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
this girl had an academic dishonesty a below average gpa and an alright MCAT and her parents bought the med school a new wing+library. She got accepted.

jvesco22

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Jan 29, 2009
Status
My first thought was to respond like this. ^

Brilliant minds, my friend.
:highfive:

:laugh:

rafflecopter

MS-0
10+ Year Member
Oct 18, 2008
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
muffdiver needs to take some time away from sdn. (s)he needs to realize the vast number of useful threads that already exist on this site; learn how to Search; and think twice before creating new threads that serve no purpose.

:laugh:. Bolded for emphasis.

About the Ads

Ursa

woof
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2010
Status
  1. Medical Student
I talked up SDN so much in one interview and haven't hear back from them. What the heck man? I mean I've browsed for so many hours...doesn't that count for anything?

Ursa

woof
5+ Year Member
Oct 19, 2010
Status
  1. Medical Student
who the flying F%&^ is this muff dude, why is every one talking about it?

Because he literally sucks worse than Herbert Hoover; president during the great depression and inventor of the vacuum cleaner. He doubly sucks. On a side note, HH was my great great great great great uncle once removed or something like that.

Last edited:

BeachBlondie

Put some tussin on it!
10+ Year Member
Apr 27, 2008
Status
  1. Medical Student
This kid is on a ROLL for useless threads.

NO ONE disturb him...this could be Guinness stuff, right here.

About the Ads

noshie

Don't judge!
10+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Status
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
...and how many times did you do that, noshie? ;)

:laugh: Um... Just a few times... You know... The normal amount of times that most people take it... It looks like five, but its really almost like taking it twice... Really...

^ That is what I should be saying in my interviews to downplay how many times I have taken that life sucking test... :p

MCAT guy

May 24, 2010
Status
  1. Other Health Professions Student
:laugh: Um... Just a few times... You know... The normal amount of times that most people take it... It looks like five, but its really almost like taking it twice... Really...

^ That is what I should be saying in my interviews to downplay how many times I have taken that life sucking test... :p

Nosh,

I remember reading your MD apps a few months ago and rooting for you. Never got to say congrats! You are going to be a doc :)

Happy for ya girl!

startswithb

Future Urologist
10+ Year Member
Jan 31, 2010
Status
  1. Resident [Any Field]

I took it 6 times. Scored 4. Once in 2008...in my interview I found myself saying, "oh, that was before I was really sold on the whole pre-med track." Twice in 2009. Raised 2 points then dropped 1. Actually applied, but got rejected. 3 times in 2010. Two voids. One because I wasn't ready, second because I ran out of time in 2 sections. Third time, score! And I finally got my 30+. IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!

noshie

Don't judge!
10+ Year Member
Mar 23, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Status
  1. Fellow [Any Field]
Nosh,

I remember reading your MD apps a few months ago and rooting for you. Never got to say congrats! You are going to be a doc :)

Happy for ya girl!

Aww, thank you! :) How has everything been with you?

I took it 6 times. Scored 4. Once in 2008...in my interview I found myself saying, "oh, that was before I was really sold on the whole pre-med track." Twice in 2009. Raised 2 points then dropped 1. Actually applied, but got rejected. 3 times in 2010. Two voids. One because I wasn't ready, second because I ran out of time in 2 sections. Third time, score! And I finally got my 30+. IT WAS ALL WORTH IT!!

I should have clicked the "do not score" button a few times... Or checked the box (I took two MCATs on paper!). Congrats on beating the 30 ceiling! And I see you had an interview, I’m sending you good luck for an acceptance!

Wolfman89

2 Legit 2 Quit
Dec 29, 2009
Albuquerque
Status
  1. Pre-Medical
Who HASN'T started a clinic in Africa these days?

Even Weezy and Terrell Owens have started clinics.

Pshhh, I started a clinic on Venus using the sulfur in the air and the lighting storms to power my generator that I created using toothpicks, carpenter glue, my cat's pajamas, and paperclips just so I could get into medical school. And I'm just a freshman...booyah!

Still unless you have a 45 MCAT and 4.8 I think you had better go DO or Caribbean. I mean did you win the Nobel Prize yet?

This thread is more than 10 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.
About the Ads