***Official Loma Linda c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Chemboy23

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Started a little early...anyone have any idea as to when they will update AADSAS?

Members don't see this ad.

Hi to All,

Hopefully everyone has a night full of acceptances. I had only one interview (@ Loma Linda - I'm SDA)...on October 28th. I keep checking my AADSAS like an OCD patient, but to no prevail nothing shows. Does anyone know what time on Dec. 1st they update their AADSAS acceptance list? This is driving me nuts. Congrats to EVERYONE with acceptances so far :D:D:D

I'm on the same boat... no blank either :( I'm gonna go crazy pretty soon

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm on the same boat... no blank either :( I'm gonna go crazy pretty soon

Haha I know right...when did you interview? I was there on Oct. 28th and I loved everything about the school. I'm also SDA so I'm hoping that helps me a LITTLE bit lol. I heard on another thread that they update the AADSAS at 12:01 PST (because Loma Linda is in Pacific time zone). I don't know how much truth there is to that...but there's no way I'm going to sleep at all tonight. The waiting is horrible, I'd rather just know out front...yay or nay :scared:

Haha I know right...when did you interview? I was there on Oct. 28th and I loved everything about the school. I'm also SDA so I'm hoping that helps me a LITTLE bit lol. I heard on another thread that they update the AADSAS at 12:01 PST (because Loma Linda is in Pacific time zone). I don't know how much truth there is to that...but there's no way I'm going to sleep at all tonight. The waiting is horrible, I'd rather just know out front...yay or nay :scared:

Really, 12AM! interesting... so there really hasnt been any blanks for LLU.
GL everyone!

Really, 12AM! interesting... so there really hasnt been any blanks for LLU.
GL everyone!

Yes...I don't think anyone has had any blanks (from what I can tell on SDN).

I have a question...does anyone know if they go by the time zone where the school is? I'm assuming so since we haven't got any notifications yet. Ahhhh...I'm in Mississippi, so it will be at 2am...:sleep:

Yes...I don't think anyone has had any blanks (from what I can tell on SDN).

I have a question...does anyone know if they go by the time zone where the school is? I'm assuming so since we haven't got any notifications yet. Ahhhh...I'm in Mississippi, so it will be at 2am...:sleep:

its pacific. right now in CA it is 10:07PM

its pacific. right now in CA it is 10:07PM

Yes...that's a long wait! I will do something to keep me up until then though...this is the only shot I have. I just want to know something either way. Do you know if they'll let us know if we're "rejected" as well? I need to know so I can move on with my life lol. But...everyone else has to wait so I guess I'll endure the pain.

Also, I'm wondering if these decisions (tonight @12:00 PST) are all the decisions from the pre-november interviews....I saw a thread that stated they do most pre November-15th interviews first, and then they randomly select interviewees that interviewed from Nov. 16th-Nov. 30th for the next 15 days or so.

Best of luck guys...I hope we all get to meet soon! Until then, :xf::xf::xf:

I interviewed on Oct. 21, and I loved everything about the school too! Both the faculty and the students were so nice... I really really want to get into this school so so so bad!!! I dont think I'll be able to sleep at all tonight either... well... good luck!!! :luck:

Yes...that's a long wait! I will do something to keep me up until then though...this is the only shot I have. I just want to know something either way. Do you know if they'll let us know if we're "rejected" as well? I need to know so I can move on with my life lol. But...everyone else has to wait so I guess I'll endure the pain.

Also, I'm wondering if these decisions (tonight @12:00 PST) are all the decisions from the pre-november interviews....I saw a thread that stated they do most pre November-15th interviews first, and then they randomly select interviewees that interviewed from Nov. 16th-Nov. 30th for the next 15 days or so.

Best of luck guys...I hope we all get to meet soon! Until then, :xf::xf::xf:

I was rejected from loma linda last year and I interviewed around the same time that you did. They updated my AADSAS on Dec 4 and I received a snail letter 2 or 3 weeks afterward. I also know several people who were accepted last year and LLU has a tendency to send acceptances on Dec 1 to the early applicants (June applicants). At least that is what I heard from a student at a SDA university.

I am a reapplicant this year and so I am in the same boat as you. Good luck!

my only hope too. so i'm feelin wat u feelin :( my guy said if u dun hear anythin. it doesn't mean ur rejected.

Ha, well all we can really do at this point is keep the FAITH!!! I'm trying my hardest to remain positive about this whole situation...I'm just a little obsessed with getting in, but my wife has calmed me down lately. Life will go on and we'll reapply next year and all...but I am still VERY excited about this year. I just hope it turns out the best for all of us.

Members don't see this ad :)
I have to admit I am very nervous. My dental school dreams are beginning to fade for this cycle: First this morning at like 6am with a rejection from Nova, then at midnight (indiana time) no email from Dr. Kasperg from Indiana. And now waiting for LLU to update on AADSAS is leaving me very worried. Has anyone researched when AADSAS was updated last cycle for LLU?

I have never wanted anything so bad. :xf::scared::xf:

I tried to research but didn't find much. I know someone last year was notified somehow on Dec 1st therefore it was either a call, email or aadsas. :)

Would that be a midnight type thing or the next day? For some reason I feel it will be the next day and I don't think I can stand it.

Fast response :)

Um, to be honest, I have no idea! It's crazy stressful and I am thinking that it'll come in the form of a phone call tomorrow sometime in the AM but that's just my guess.

15 minutes left till aadsas hopefully updates

this is my first choice as well, and i will be completely demoralized if i get rejected. got rejected from nova earlier today

If you make the alternate list, not only do you still stand the chance of acceptance but you always gain priority next cycle. This means you are guaranteed an interview and are put on the top of the list for decisions next cycle.

Ha, well all we can really do at this point is keep the FAITH!!! I'm trying my hardest to remain positive about this whole situation...I'm just a little obsessed with getting in, but my wife has calmed me down lately. Life will go on and we'll reapply next year and all...but I am still VERY excited about this year. I just hope it turns out the best for all of us.

15 minutes left till aadsas hopefully updates

this is my first choice as well, and i will be completely demoralized if i get rejected. got rejected from nova earlier today

It will be alright my friend, either way...we will all know something so we can move on with our lives and such. The waiting is what kills me, I want either a yay or nay....I mean already haha! 10 minutes guys!!! BEST OF LUCK!!! Let us know if ANY of you get any change on AADSAS.

If you make the alternate list, not only do you still stand the chance of acceptance but you always gain priority next cycle. This means you are guaranteed an interview and are put on the top of the list for decisions next cycle.

Hmm, i heard about the priority thing, but is that what priority means? placed on top of the list for decisions? Where'd u get this info btw?

I didn't make it off the alternate list last cycle :)

So if our status doesn't update in 5 mins, do we assume rejection or alternate list?

someone just posted llu blank... in these threads. ahhh

happened supposedly 30 mins ago. Could be an aadsas error or something...

mine still says "Received/Application Complete" :(((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((((

But someone got a blank which definitely means something. hmmm

Appears like no aadsas update yet even though the one blank status...

Interesting indeed...

Appears like no aadsas update yet even though the one blank status...

Interesting indeed...

It makes no sense that only one of all of us would have an update, that's just my personal opinion. I think they will email and do phone calls in the morning, let's keep our fingers crossed! So anxious and tired at the same time! Good night SDN fam and sleep well...we're going to be alright! Don't forget to say your prayers tonight!!! :D

You guys are soo funny!
I haven't been on SDN since I got my acceptance at LLU this time last year and remembered about this site as I am studying for my first round of finals as a first year.

You all need to chill.... LLU will send letters to all accepted, update ADSAS (which takes awhile) , and call some of you.
But not everyone will find out at the beginning of December!
And the class does not fill up in December.. SO DON'T WORRY!

if you have questions feel free to ask.
Amanda LLUSD 2014

Amanda~

I had talked with Eli (Elijah W.) earlier this year about the alternate list and how things worked. He said you had helped him out and I was going to email you a few questions but didn't because you were in the UK and planning a wedding. With that being said, I am sending you an email now. Thanks in advance. :)

You guys are soo funny!
I haven't been on SDN since I got my acceptance at LLU this time last year and remembered about this site as I am studying for my first round of finals as a first year.

You all need to chill.... LLU will send letters to all accepted, update ADSAS (which takes awhile) , and call some of you.

Amanda LLUSD 2014

Amanda~

I had talked with Eli (Elijah W.) earlier this year about the alternate list and how things worked. He said you had helped him out and I was going to email you a few questions but didn't because you were in the UK and planning a wedding. With that being said, I am sending you an email now. Thanks in advance. :)

NP! My email is [email protected], or u can just PM me here :)

You guys are soo funny!

Amanda LLUSD 2014

LOL, thanks Amanda...I was under the impression you guys filled up really fast. I love the school and I hope and pray I get to join you all. So, from what I hear...they have admissions committee reviews on Friday afternoons and then they call about 10 people per week on Monday mornings with the results. or acceptances from the meetings (Friday). Thanks so much for your help, and I think I saw you there when I was interviewing...but didn't know you at the time. Hope to see you soon!!! Good luck with school until then!

LOL, thanks Amanda...I was under the impression you guys filled up really fast. I love the school and I hope and pray I get to join you all. So, from what I hear...they have admissions committee reviews on Friday afternoons and then they call about 10 people per week on Monday mornings with the results. or acceptances from the meetings (Friday). Thanks so much for your help, and I think I saw you there when I was interviewing...but didn't know you at the time. Hope to see you soon!!! Good luck with school until then!

Is that true? they only call about 10 people per week? I called Cyndi yesterday and she said that my app is still being reviewed. But is it possible that they will make their decision about my app this friday? I really hope that I get a call next week becaues I'm so worried about this that I can't even study for my finals. I'm trying to keep faith in him but its so hard...

Is that true? they only call about 10 people per week? I called Cyndi yesterday and she said that my app is still being reviewed. But is it possible that they will make their decision about my app this friday? I really hope that I get a call next week becaues I'm so worried about this that I can't even study for my finals. I'm trying to keep faith in him but its so hard...

Amanda knows more about this than I do...this is just what I heard. From what I can tell she knows the process very well. I hate to call Ms. Cyndi because I've probably ran her crazy by now with all of my emails and such. I know how you feel being worried. My wife is in Phoenix and here I sit in Jackson, MS trying to find work. I couldn't stay there any longer because I couldn't find a job so I came back home to find work. All of my undergrad loans are starting to need attention and I just need some closure to all of this. I really hope to get in, but I would just like to know either way at this point. I'll try my best to be patient...but I sure hope we hear something soon so we can all breathe once again haha!

How fun!
Next time say HI! I love being able to put a face to a name :)
The committee meets "about" 2 fridays a month, but it differs as time passes. They are meeting this Friday though, so hopefully some of you will find out soon!
I don't think there is a certain number to how many people they accept each time, it depends on how productive they are that day and how good the apps are.
They results sometimes take awhile to go through and i know people that interviewed months before me and heard way after me... so don't go by time...
Good luck! Hope to see you next year!

I think SDA get priorities. Non christian like me go last, which i would understand. If you are SDA, dun worry. I also thought they filled up the class already. Thx for the info.

How are the facilities there at LLU? I visited there last month and I wasn't able to see the clinic. Is LLU up-to-date technology-wise? And how many dental chairs are there?

Thanks for your reply.

How fun!
Next time say HI! I love being able to put a face to a name :)
The committee meets "about" 2 fridays a month, but it differs as time passes. They are meeting this Friday though, so hopefully some of you will find out soon!
I don't think there is a certain number to how many people they accept each time, it depends on how productive they are that day and how good the apps are.
They results sometimes take awhile to go through and i know people that interviewed months before me and heard way after me... so don't go by time...
Good luck! Hope to see you next year!

Awesome news! I wish I had known your face at the time because I sure would've came to speak to you. That's what I loved most about the school, everyone is so supportive of the next person...which is very hard to find in our field these days. It seems like most places are cut-throat...but I could tell how happy all the students were at LLU.

For sure...it's great to have resources like yourself to ask these questions and everything because the rest is just pure speculation on here. We'll see how it all goes...:xf::xf::xf:

How are the facilities there at LLU? I visited there last month and I wasn't able to see the clinic. Is LLU up-to-date technology-wise? And how many dental chairs are there?

Thanks for your reply.

I'm sure Amanda can answer this one better as well, but when I was there a D4 named Steven took me around the clinics. I don't think there are many schools in the country that can compete with LLU as far as clinics go...or so he says. Not too sure about the dental chairs either, but it looked like everything was well-spaced out enough to where you don't have to worry about not getting your clinicals done...I was VERY impressed with the facilities there. I've only been to one other dental school though (in my hometown of Jackson, MS) so I probably can't compare as well as others. Best of luck to you buddy!

Amanda knows more about this than I do...this is just what I heard. From what I can tell she knows the process very well. I hate to call Ms. Cyndi because I've probably ran her crazy by now with all of my emails and such. I know how you feel being worried. My wife is in Phoenix and here I sit in Jackson, MS trying to find work. I couldn't stay there any longer because I couldn't find a job so I came back home to find work. All of my undergrad loans are starting to need attention and I just need some closure to all of this. I really hope to get in, but I would just like to know either way at this point. I'll try my best to be patient...but I sure hope we hear something soon so we can all breathe once again haha!

Hey there everyone. LLUSD is definitely my 1st choice too! I was looking at this thread and wanted to say good luck to everyone!

Chemboy, you and I had the same situation. I moved to WA to Phoenix for the experience for my year off before school (hopefully) and couldn't find a job for 3 months. I'm heading back to WA in a few weeks hoping I can stave off this student loans!

Anyways, my status on AADSAS says "application received/complete". Hopefully we all get in. Cheers! :xf:

Thanks for your reply.

The clinic is quite nice. Lots of dental chairs, no problem with space. All chairs have their own flat screen.
They honestly have all up-to-date materials and dental technologies.
The simulation lab is super awesome and I believe it's one of the newest/best out there!
Some of the other facilities are kind of old (not in the dental school but in some of the classrooms we have around campus). But, I think they are trying to fix this and get us classes in the brand spanking new AMAZING amphitheater.

~Amanda

Thanks for the reply. LLU has been my first choice. And I would love to go there next year.

Does anyone know the LLU's passing rate for NBDE part 1 and 2?

Also, where do dental students live there, in campus or out of campus?

PS Good luck to you Chemboy23

Thanks for the reply. LLU has been my first choice. And I would love to go there next year.

From what I sort of remember Dr. Golden telling me during the interview, was that the pass rate was about low 80's mostly due to how they changed the format of the test suddenly so people were studying the "wrong" test by studying last years version. It shouldn't be a problem anymore since now there is a test to base your studies off unlike before.

I'm happy to say I was accepted =) they sent me a call, an email, and changed my status on AADSAS for those that were interested to know on how LLU notifies those who they accepted.

Hey thanks, same to you!

I think the majority of students live off campus...from what I could tell anyway. Loma Linda (fortunately) is a very affordable area of California to live in...but I guess it all depends on your family/financial situation. I would have to live in town because I'm married.

As far as NBDE 1 & 2 go...I found some recent stats, hopefully they're accurate. I'm sure the students are updated a little more frequently with these things. I know for a fact that LLU thrives on clinical skills, so I would presume their NBDE 2 would have a very high pass rate...anyway here's what I found.

Part I - ~97% (about 4 or 5 had to retake)
Part II -~99% (had 100% pass rate in 2008 I think :D)

I wanted to say I just got the call from admissions and I was accepted as of 20 minutes ago! This is a very exciting day and I was a re-applicant after not making it off the alternate list the cycle before.

Never give up, embrace that freakn' DAT and always strive to conquer your goals. Never let anyone tell you what you can do and always stay humble. Life is too short to burn bridges and ignore those in need.

So excited I got accepted!!!!!!

Was accepted today, 12/3!!!! I'm extremely excited if you can't tell! Loved everything the school represented and then some! :) :)

I wanted to say I just got the call from admissions and I was accepted as of 20 minutes ago! This is a very exciting day and I was a re-applicant after not making it off the alternate list the cycle before.

Never give up, embrace that freakn' DAT and always strive to conquer your goals. Never let anyone tell you what you can do and always stay humble. Life is too short to burn bridges and ignore those in need.

So excited I got accepted!!!!!!

Congrats a million times over to you! :thumbup::smuggrin::thumbup: I am really hoping for an acceptance, I will keep my head up for the future.

From what I sort of remember Dr. Golden telling me during the interview, was that the pass rate was about low 80's mostly due to how they changed the format of the test suddenly so people were studying the "wrong" test by studying last years version. It shouldn't be a problem anymore since now there is a test to base your studies off unlike before.

I'm happy to say I was accepted =) they sent me a call, an email, and changed my status on AADSAS for those that were interested to know on how LLU notifies those who they accepted.

WOOT! I had Dr. Golden too and I remember him saying why they had a little dip in their board pass rates, is that since the change of the boards to be much more reading comprehension intensive than previously. He said they admitted so many korean and other non-english speakers with fantastic science scores, but terrible reading comp scores that it really nipped them in the butt.

That being said he told me that the 2 dat scores that are most important are BIO and RC. Anyways, i dunno if its truth or not!