***Official Loma Linda c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread***

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I wanted to say I just got the call from admissions and I was accepted as of 20 minutes ago! This is a very exciting day and I was a re-applicant after not making it off the alternate list the cycle before.

Never give up, embrace that freakn' DAT and always strive to conquer your goals. Never let anyone tell you what you can do and always stay humble. Life is too short to burn bridges and ignore those in need.

So excited I got accepted!!!!!!

Congrats man, AWESOME news...I'm still waiting to hear back.

Members don't see this ad.

Just got in...saw it updated on AADSAS!!! I'm soooooooooooo excited right now!!! Woooooooo hooooooooooo!!!

Loma Linda University (LLU) CA 12/03/2010 Offer Made An offer of acceptance has been mailed to you. Please send in the deposit within 30 days of receiving this letter.

Members don't see this ad :)
congrats to glo! I'm a D3 at LLU and it's a really good school (of course I don't have any real comparison of other schools). One thing I do know is that the faculty and staff are all generally really nice people. Sure there are some things I don't like, but all in all, I'm really enjoying it. The clinic is pretty nice and fairly well up-to-date. As far as I know, there really isn't a procedure that can't be done at LLUSD.

I wouldn't worry about NBDE scores until you actually get close to taking them. Each class is different but the trend is a very good one in terms of scores. You will learn what you need to know and succeed as long as you put in your share of effort.

EDIT: congrats to Chemboy as well!

congrats to Chemboy and glo! I will see you there next Fall! I am so excited!

first of all, so much congratulations to those of you got an acceptance. I am so happy for you guys because I KNOW that all of you have been working hard to deserve it.

I am a third time applicant to loma linda, actually it would be my second time applying to dds program because i applied to the postbac program. last year when i applied i was not confident with the numbers (19/19/21 in dat but my rc was 15 and my gpa was 3.0 both science and nonscience).i graduated from undergrate in december without any acceptance from the 14 dschools i applied.even though i expected the result, i hoped that the adcom saw me holistically especially my passion in dentistry. I felt serious depression that i lost 30lbs in 3months,because going to the dschool was my longtime plan/dream.

some of ppl pursue dentistry because its respective and high paying job. money is not an issue to me. i grew up poor and i know i dont need money to live. my dad pulled out his own molar at home because the dental cost is such a burden for my family. being a missionary dentist was only thing ive been wanting to do.

this year when i applied, i retook my dat for the third time after studying for 5 months but was disappointed i only improved to 20/20. i was devastated but i prayed and left everything to God instead of feeling depressed again. I was ecstatic when i was invited to the LLU interview, my first/only interview ever. I have not heard from the school yet but I wont lose hope and will see the Lord's great plans for me.

sorry for the long and boring entry. i just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS.

PS. It would be so much blessing if you could pray for me :) Thank you!! Have a wonderful Sabbath!

Anyone know if an official Facebook group exists yet? I searched but could not find one.

first of all, so much congratulations to those of you got an acceptance. I am so happy for you guys because I KNOW that all of you have been working hard to deserve it.

I am a third time applicant to loma linda, actually it would be my second time applying to dds program because i applied to the postbac program. last year when i applied i was not confident with the numbers (19/19/21 in dat but my rc was 15 and my gpa was 3.0 both science and nonscience).i graduated from undergrate in december without any acceptance from the 14 dschools i applied.even though i expected the result, i hoped that the adcom saw me holistically especially my passion in dentistry. I felt serious depression that i lost 30lbs in 3months,because going to the dschool was my longtime plan/dream.

some of ppl pursue dentistry because its respective and high paying job. money is not an issue to me. i grew up poor and i know i dont need money to live. my dad pulled out his own molar at home because the dental cost is such a burden for my family. being a missionary dentist was only thing ive been wanting to do.

this year when i applied, i retook my dat for the third time after studying for 5 months but was disappointed i only improved to 20/20. i was devastated but i prayed and left everything to God instead of feeling depressed again. I was ecstatic when i was invited to the LLU interview, my first/only interview ever. I have not heard from the school yet but I wont lose hope and will see the Lord's great plans for me.

sorry for the long and boring entry. i just wanted to say CONGRATULATIONS.

PS. It would be so much blessing if you could pray for me :) Thank you!! Have a wonderful Sabbath!

I just found out that I was accepted on 12/3. I just joined SDN and was reading through posts and saw yours here and really felt for you. I really hope and pray that I get to spend the next four years of dental school with you. You seem like you are really passionate as well as a good person. I also am thinking of mission work as well as working with our troops. We've got our plans but God has his and although it is hard and I always try not to fight Him. God bless and my prayers are with you.

Jon

Does anyone know when the orientation is for LLUSD? Is there some calendar or something on the school website that I am missing?

Does anyone know when the orientation is for LLUSD? Is there some calendar or something on the school website that I am missing?

No idea, I was wondering when classes start as well. I cannot really find a schedule for our class on the web. I'm pretty sure classes start in July though...someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. I sort of need to plan because I have to move from Phoenix to Loma.

Classes definitely don't begin in July, last year the orientation week began Sept. 1st or the 7th.

Classes definitely don't begin in July, last year the orientation week began Sept. 1st or the 7th.

Oh ok LOL, for some reason I was under the impression school started for D1s in the early summer. Sounds great to me though! :D

Members don't see this ad :)
No idea, I was wondering when classes start as well. I cannot really find a schedule for our class on the web. I'm pretty sure classes start in July though...someone please correct me if I'm wrong here. I sort of need to plan because I have to move from Phoenix to Loma.

I need to move from Dayton, OH to Loma Linda so I also am in the planning stages. I had the same supposition, that LLU started in July just because many of the other dental schools seem to start then. September would be nice though.

I need to move from Dayton, OH to Loma Linda so I also am in the planning stages. I had the same supposition, that LLU started in July just because many of the other dental schools seem to start then. September would be nice though.

Wow, that's a lot longer of a move than from Phoenix (where my wife is now)! I guess it is just other schools that do that. Our school (in Mississippi) starts in July...so I assumed all others did too, but I agree that September would be REALLY nice. Maybe we get our financial aid back soon after that. They say if you take full amount (I will need to), then you get back ~$1,520 per month. We were going to use that for rent. I saw two very nice apartment complexes, Windrush Village (Colton, CA) and Galleria @ Towngate (Moreno Valley, CA)...so we're trying to decide which to pick. We know we want 2br/2bath and the Colton apts are about 200 dollars per month cheaper, so we'll probably go with those and save the other money for bills. I guess living in an apartment is the best way to go in that area, because houses are crazy expensive.

Also, has everyone received the phone call from Loma Linda stating you've indeed been accepted. My AADSAS shows "offer made" and such, but they have not called me yet. I guess I need to call them to make sure, haha. That would be horrible for all of this to be a big mistake!

Also, has everyone received the phone call from Loma Linda stating you've indeed been accepted. My AADSAS shows "offer made" and such, but they have not called me yet. I guess I need to call them to make sure, haha. That would be horrible for all of this to be a big mistake!

Yes, Ms. Esther Valenzuela called me on Dec 1!

I didn't get a phone call, but received an acceptance e-mail on December 2.

Anyone know if LLU SOD is systems-based or subject-based? I neglected to ask and I can't seem to find it anywhere online.

Also, one of the things that attracted me towards this great school was the extremely strong clinical aspect. I also know that they have arguably the best endo program in the nation. Is anyone else considering specializing?

anyone know if LL has started handing out rejections?

i dont know what to interpret of my unchanged status

I just got the AADSAS change and no phone call but I never answer my home phone anyway. I wonder if where you live makes a difference of how they contact you? I know California is three hours earlier than where I am.

Hey, just got the phone call on my cell!!! Nice to hear the verification. Maybe it is alphabetical, my last name is with a "V" so I am usually at the end of the list. Have you heard anything yet Chemboy?

Hey, just got the phone call on my cell!!! Nice to hear the verification. Maybe it is alphabetical, my last name is with a "V" so I am usually at the end of the list. Have you heard anything yet Chemboy?

Thank you so much for the encouragement. i do really hope to be in this class for next 4 yrs in dschool. I was wondering the same thing about getting the acceptance based on the last names.
for those of you got an acceptance mind putting the first letter of your last name?! thank you in advance. :)

Hey man, yes they finally called me today...Mrs. Marlise called me to confirm it.

It means that classes start a few weeks before the official beginning of the fall quarter. During this presession, you will have orientation, an intensive biochem class, and an intro to the dental profession.

I had a call around 11-12 ish on Dec 1st telling me i was accepted and they changed aadsas status around evening time

It means that classes start a few weeks before the official beginning of the fall quarter. During this presession, you will have orientation, an intensive biochem class, and an intro to the dental profession.

Hey thanks a lot for that! When you say intense, how bad is it? I took Biochem in undergrad and our professor was super hard so hopefully, that will help. I will try to go ahead and look at it as much as possible before getting bombarded when I get there. Thanks again!

Hey everyone, been lurking on the forums ever since i thought about dent school, but wanted to say i've joined the club! Saw the update over the weekend. 12/03 status updated, "offer made" (had to ask around to see if it meant what i hoped it meant). i still haven't received anything except the AADSAS update, but i called on Monday to verify and Cindy told me it was legit.

So see you in 2011!

Hey everyone, been lurking on the forums ever since i thought about dent school, but wanted to say i've joined the club! Saw the update over the weekend. 12/03 status updated, "offer made" (had to ask around to see if it meant what i hoped it meant). i still haven't received anything except the AADSAS update, but i called on Monday to verify and Cindy told me it was legit.

So see you in 2011!

Congratulations. See you in September. Looking forward to it.

hey does anyone know if Loma Linda can take back your acceptance if your planned coursework grades are too low?

hey does anyone know if Loma Linda can take back your acceptance if your planned coursework grades are too low?

If you get less than a 'C' grade in any pre-requisite, then you cannot matriculate to dental school. I believe this is the only true stipulation. I hear that some schools require you to keep about the same GPA as you had when you applied so 'C's' are frowned upon. I would check with the admissions comittee.

By the way, have I mentioned how badly I want to go to Loma Linda!

Matt -

Have you heard ANYTHING back yet? Man I really hope you hear something soon...I've been praying for you man. I know you want this REALLY bad...

Heh, that's what i'm worried about! i've got about... 6 more upper division science classes to take to finish up my biochem degree before dent school starts.

Anyway, anyone got a letter yet? i might just go pick mine up and write them a check while i'm there.

Matt -

Have you heard ANYTHING back yet? Man I really hope you hear something soon...I've been praying for you man. I know you want this REALLY bad...

Not yet. I have finals in 4 days, and my worrying about D-school has really stood in the way of cramming for finals. I think if I knew I was in my mind would be at ease. I am keeping my hopes up, and the prayers going out. Thanks for thinking about me.

Not yet. I have finals in 4 days, and my worrying about D-school has really stood in the way of cramming for finals. I think if I knew I was in my mind would be at ease. I am keeping my hopes up, and the prayers going out. Thanks for thinking about me.

You're welcome buddy! I have you in my prayers, so just know that we're all keeping our fingers crossed for ya! Good luck with finals!

I had an interview there on Dec 9 ( yesterday) and I fell in love with the school. The interview was with Dr. Golden. Did anyone else who interviewed with him feel like he spoke a lot and didn't ask enough questions? I felt like he was telling me a lot about the school, all the mission trips they participate in, and he asked me a grand total of 2 questions... for one of them I didn't even finish answering and he sort of interrupted me. I would say I did 20% of the speaking and he did 80%. Is this normal? Any thoughts?

Morena~

First and foremost, nice glasses.

In all seriousness, I had two experiences with LLU but none with Dr. Golden. I've only heard great things about Dr. Golden so maybe you have a really strong application? High DAT? That could explain the 80% you spent listening.

In both my interviews, I would say I talked about 75% therefore it doesn't seem normal but don't let that freak you out! There could be numerous reasons for why he might have talked the whole time.

I had an interview there on Dec 9 ( yesterday) and I fell in love with the school. The interview was with Dr. Golden. Did anyone else who interviewed with him feel like he spoke a lot and didn't ask enough questions? I felt like he was telling me a lot about the school, all the mission trips they participate in, and he asked me a grand total of 2 questions... for one of them I didn't even finish answering and he sort of interrupted me. I would say I did 20% of the speaking and he did 80%. Is this normal? Any thoughts?

I also had Dr. Golden and I felt the exact same way and I was accepted so don't worry too much about it. Best of luck and maybe Ill see ya there.

glo1984 and shiftypoptart ~

Ah That makes me feel a little better. I keep playing the interview over and over, thinking about all the possible times I should have interjected... but it was honestly really hard. Anyways well hope to see many of you guys there. :) Best of luck to all of those who are still waiting for a response.

Forgot the post here. Accepted 12/1. See you all next year.

Hey everyone, did anyone else get the email about the background checks? Is that one for LLU? i know they require one, but i'm not sure if that's the right one. i know through the LLU portal for the background check there's the link for mybackgroundcheck.com (vs the email's applicationstation.com)... i applied to a few other schools so i'm not sure if that certiphi email was regarding those schools.
i even called LLU, but she just told me that i should contact AADSAS. Maybe i'll just wait for the letter to see what's up.

Others are reporting in the other thread that they received an email saying it was an error, aadsas only tells you to do it if your school is on the list so don't waste your money.

On a different note, does anyone know anything about potential scholarships at LLU?

I GOTTTTT INNNN!!!! My heart is racing!! hands shakingg I can barely type!! I am so happy just got a call from the assistant director of admission offering me a spot!!

I GOTTTTT INNNN!!!! My heart is racing!! hands shakingg I can barely type!! I am so happy just got a call from the assistant director of admission offering me a spot!!

Congrats on working so hard!! There was no reason to stress about that interview! haha :)

I understand that SDA get priority at this school - but do they accept christians from other denominations? Would it be negitive in an interview to find that you were not SDA? Just curious about this because the school seems rather nice.

Thanks.