*****Official acceptance thread for Nova Southeastern Umiversity c/o 2015*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sexychic

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I got the message offer made from blank!!! Congratulations to u all don't drink too mug vodka today finals are in it's way!!!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just got a call from Dr. Lippman just before 8 am MST! Aadsas blank yesterday turned into offer made about 6 am MST! Very excited!!!

mine went blank yesterday & i got the phone call of acceptance today around 9 AM! so happy! congrats to everyone else too!:)

Was so happy to hear from them! They have one of the most advanced/newest facilities of all the schools I visited. I want to place my deposit right now XD.

Was so happy to hear from them! They have one of the most advanced/newest facilities of all the schools I visited. I want to place my deposit right now XD.

Do you know what the tuition & fees come in together in NOVA? Their website only said 48k for tuition lol

Do you know what the tuition & fees come in together in NOVA? Their website only said 48k for tuition lol

There are some additional fees on the financial portion of their website that you can add to the 48k tuition. If what you're talking about is that "annual total" handout that some universities gave out at interviewers (that included things like housing, books, etc), we weren't given one at Nova.

I'm not sure if more information on that will be in the packet they sent us, I'll let you know as soon as I get it.

There are some additional fees on the financial portion of their website that you can add to the 48k tuition. If what you're talking about is that "annual total" handout that some universities gave out at interviewers (that included things like housing, books, etc), we weren't given one at Nova.

I'm not sure if more information on that will be in the packet they sent us, I'll let you know as soon as I get it.

Thanks! I got in too but debating should I go to UF since it's much much much cheaper ugh!!!!! My home is close to Nova tho~!!!! this is soooooooooo hard

congratz everyone. I got my acceptance this morning via AADSAS/phone call.

Nova definitely looks like a great dental school. The students also seemed pretty happy there.

Hi eebee!
Can you comment on the rumor about not enough chairs for dental students at nova?

Oh, the ever popular "chair rumor" hahaha. It's a bit of a running joke here at NOVA. Apparently it was started a few years back, and given that we're a relatively new school, it kinda stuck :thumbdown:.

The truth is, I'm only a first year student, so I can't tell you from experience what it's like getting a chair on a day to day basis. What I can tell you is that if you are on top of your siht, and you don't leave all your requirements to the last minute, you will get it all done no problem.

Some students have said that they've never had a problem. Others have told me that it can be tricky at times. Then again, I've also had certain students tell me that Prof Whatshisface is an ass, then I find out that they got caught cheating in an exam. So at the end of the day, the answer to that question really depends on the type of student you are.

But no, there is no desperate scrambling for chairs as the rumor suggests.
Hope that helps!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi eebee!
Can you comment on the rumor about not enough chairs for dental students at nova?

It is exactly what you called it, a rumor. Not all your clinical work will be done on-site at the Nova, you will have rotations at numerous different locations throughout the area, exposing you to different patient populations and clinics etc.

Great! Thanks eebee and startrak, looking forward to nova next year!!

Oh that's refreshing to hear, thanks both of you!

sexychic, you've got a tough decision to make but it's only one you can make. Weigh out your own personal priorities (being close to home vs price, or whatever other factors you have) and make the call that's best for you. I found some more information on what you were looking for in terms of total costs: http://dental.nova.edu/doctoral/finaid.html

I'm thinking you may have come across the page already, but it outlines some additional costs for instruments, books, living expense, and the technology you'll need yearly at Nova.

Last edited:
Oh that's refreshing to hear, thanks both of you!

sexychic, you've got a tough decision to make but it's only one you can make. Weigh out your own personal priorities (being close to home vs price, or whatever other factors you have) and make the call that's best for you. I found some more information on what you were looking for in terms of total costs: http://dental.nova.edu/doctoral/finaid.html

I'm thinking you may have come across the page already, but it outlines some additional costs for instruments, books, living expense, and the technology you'll need yearly at Nova.

Thank you for providing this link. I am hoping to pay for first yr by student loans and last 3 yrs by air force scholarship as soon as i get my citizenship next yr, lol sucks to be a permanent resident! thanks!

Nova c/o 2015 babyyyy!!!! Is it hard to find housing in Davie? What are the communities around Davie that are safe? I'm looking at housing (already!) on craigslist in places like Plantation and Lauderhill...are those safe locations?

Any canadians here that have been accepted? Does this school generally accept canadians, or stick with mostly americans?

They don't discriminate as long as you got the stats.

Congrats to all you were accepted. For those who were accepted but plan on withdrawing their acceptance can you post here for those of us who were waitlisted??

Thank you :)

Any canadians here that have been accepted? Does this school generally accept canadians, or stick with mostly americans?

CANADA!!! Woooo hahaha. Yes, this school is generally very Canadian friendly. There are usually between 5-10 Canadians per class. Which is one of the highest in the country.

New group on facebook....the other was a community and you couldn't see everyone. It's a good place to ask questions, as many of the dental students don't check student doctor:

http://www.facebook.com/#!/home.php?sk=group_165304226839905&notif_t=group_activity

Housing is easy to find. Plantation is really nice and I don't know much about Lauderhill. I'd recommend you try to live a little closer, however plenty of people live further from campus and it isn't a huge problem. It's really whatever you prefer. I'd say the apartments are a tad over priced so your best bet is to rent a condo. Hope this helps!

Congrats :)

Nova c/o 2015 babyyyy!!!! Is it hard to find housing in Davie? What are the communities around Davie that are safe? I'm looking at housing (already!) on craigslist in places like Plantation and Lauderhill...are those safe locations?

Not difficult at all! Lots of places. Look into: University Parc, Sunforest, Sundance, Palm Trace Landings...etc.

Does anybody know when the class starts? There's no academic calendar on website:(

does anybody realize that university is spelled wrong in the thread title lol :p

One more quick question lol.

Can people who attend or who have been accepted enlighten me on say the volunteering aspect needed to get into this school, assuming marks are at the average. Of course the more volunteering the better, but im wondering if you dont have hundreds of hours they won't consider you. It is maybe very different compared to med school, where only a decent amount of hours are needed? any info about this would be great thanks!

One more quick question lol.

Can people who attend or who have been accepted enlighten me on say the volunteering aspect needed to get into this school, assuming marks are at the average. Of course the more volunteering the better, but im wondering if you dont have hundreds of hours they won't consider you. It is maybe very different compared to med school, where only a decent amount of hours are needed? any info about this would be great thanks!

I did 100 shadowing and about 50_70 hour community serivce/volunteering so.
Mind sharing your status?

hmm i see, is that huge amount of shadowing necessary? i have about 18 at the moment split between a general dentist and periodontist. But im sure i can get some more.

For sure i will need to obtain a lot more hours of volunteering in some health related field.

hmm i see, is that huge amount of shadowing necessary? i have about 18 at the moment split between a general dentist and periodontist. But im sure i can get some more.

For sure i will need to obtain a lot more hours of volunteering in some health related field.

:p I personally think 18 is not gonna cut the deal, previous threads say at least above 40 hours, and the rest is not that hard, just pump stats as high as you can, it's very competitive this year as i imagine it would be so next yr too.

Does anybody know when the class starts? There's no academic calendar on website:(

Sorry to disappoint, but you wont find out exact dates till ~summertime. I know how you feel though. Having exact dates makes the process even more exciting!

I cant tell you exactly, but school generally starts at the beginning of august. O week is a week prior to that. So expect to start at the end of July.

got accepted via voice mail, no mail or email. Wheres the paperwork and info on putting my deposit down?

Does anone know what does wait list "High Hold" and "Low Hold" are. What is the difference. Which has better chances to get in Nova.

Thanks
John

Last edited:
Does anyone know if those accepted are required to take microbiology before matriculating? I applied to Nova when they didn't list a requirement for microbio, but about a month into the cycle I saw it change. I didn't see anything regarding a conditional acceptance in my acceptance packet. Does anyone have any info regarding this?

congrats to all! i would of LOVE to go to NOVA if my one of my three my texas state schools didn't grant me an admissions offer but since they did i will be contacting dr. lippman to withdraw my application. hopefully this opens up a spot for one of you guys out there!

Do they have spelling class at Nova U'M'iversity?

Does anyone know if NOVA participates in the background check? I recieved the email but I think it was for Pittsburgh.

Congrats everyone!!
I have a very random question, and I figured by asking you guys that you all could give an unbias opinion. :)
I am from a state that doesn't have a dental school, and I got accepted as an outstate dental student to UMKC, LSU, and Tennessee. I am having trouble deciding between them. How would you guys rank these schools? Which ones would you go to,and why?
I have talked to several people and at 3 schools, but, of course, there is a bias towards their school. I would really appreciate any input you guys could give me. Congrats on your acceptance! :)

Go to the cheapest one unless you have a significant other, then you have to pick what's best for both. Btw, wrong thread to post this unless you were accepted to NOVA.

Hi all. When was/is the deadline date for those who were accepted first round to turn in deposits by at Nova?

Hi all. When was/is the deadline date for those who were accepted first round to turn in deposits by at Nova?

I am on the wait-list currently so I did not receive an acceptance letter. when I called Nova last month they said that the students offered in acceptance letter have 30 days to accept/decline the offer. Since most offers were made on Dec. 1 it has been over 30 days now. I would imagine they are going to be moving some people off of the wait list this week.

Good luck!!

just got the call!!

lets go baby!

TO: Deng, Cambo, and Shyboy

Are you all out of state or instate? and when did you interview? Did your AADSAS go blank beforehand or stayed at "invited for interview"?

I most likely will be attending. Just waiting to hear back from my state school, but am pulling out of my other interviews. I am a Washington state resident.

Cambo - Were you on the High Hold waitlist??