*****Official acceptance thread for Nova Southeastern Umiversity c/o 2015*****

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
yes

Members don't see this ad.

Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted. I have an interview on Jan. 12 which I was invited to 2 months ago. I'm wondering what my chances are lookin like with an interview date so late?

Does anyone know when the last interview date is?

Congratulations to everyone who's been accepted. I have an interview on Jan. 12 which I was invited to 2 months ago. I'm wondering what my chances are lookin like with an interview date so late?

Does anyone know when the last interview date is?

I believe the last date will be february 11th. There will still be spots open for you, don't worry.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does everyone who was accepted recently have status changes on AADSAS? Just curious, cause mine still says wait listed.

I am currently a D3 student at Nova. My personal experience at Nova dental has been full of frustration and anxiety. I am very unhappy with the current situation in the clinic. Many if not most of my peers feel the same way. Today we had a class meeting to try and come up with a solution but the general consensus is that the administration is not open to our suggestions as they haven't even really addressed our concerns about the blatantly obvious problems in the clinic. So far, in my opinion, they have not adequately fulfilled their part in creating competent dentists. However, they are quick to put blame on the students.

In the past, chair availability was an issue. This year the clinic system was changed to attempt to improve the situation. Now we just have a different problem. We are not doing dentistry. The clinic is dead. I am not quite sure what the cause of the problem is...not enough patients?.....not the right kind of patients?.........bad protocol and policy that prevent us from actually getting the patient in the chair to do procedures?. Whatever the case may be, many/most of us are twiddling our thumbs worrying about how the next year and a half is going to play out. I have gotten over the fact that I am NOT going to get the kind of experience that the hefty tuition would imply. At this point, I just hope and pray that I can complete my MINIMAL requirements on time and get my degree. With the current patient base it is not expected that 100% of the class of 2012 will graduate on time.

Yes, some students are on target to complete their requirements on time. However, this is definitely not the norm. I take great offense to the D1 student's post (#13). Like they say, they are NOT speaking from experience and I think it is a disservice to promise people that they will complete everything with no problem as long as they "stay on top of things". Of course a huge part of a student's success is the effort they put in, but our graduating is also heavily affected by other people and the current disarray of the clinic. Today in our meeting a large group of people raised their hands when asked how many people had received a "No progress" grade for the semester. Some of the top ranking people in our class said that in the over six months we have been in the clinic they have only gotten the chance to complete less than 10 restorations. RESTORATIONS...that is the easiest thing to find. You can imagine the struggle we have finding crowns, root canals and dentures.

For those of you that have no other option but to go to Nova, keep your head up. There are some good things about the school and the weather down here is awesome. Hopefully they will finally figure things out for you guys. For those of you that have a choice, seriously do your research and consider your options. Make sure your taking advice from the right people who are actually dealing with these issues. I'm not one that usually speaks up about my opinions. However, I have such strong feelings about my dental school experience that I thought it was my responsibility to give this insight to people debating between schools. Whatever you choose, good luck!

did any1 that got accepted after dec 31st, get a packet in the mail yet?

i haven't gotten anything, my aadsas still says wait listed...lol.

oops wrong thread

Last edited:
alright now im getting ticked off.....how long does it take to mail an acceptance letter?? like honestly!! atleast send a freckin email or addsas update.

did anyone receive anything in the mail after paying the first deposit??

Members don't see this ad :)
It's been several weeks since I mailed it, and I didn't hear from them since. Anyone know what's going on?

How do you find out where you are ranked on wait list bc i was told they dont really rank by my interviewer?

I think its just a matter of calling and asking...

Had my interview on the 21st of january, im really nervous, anyone hear back since january 10th?

I got a letter in the mail today informing me that I'm a high hold candidate. AADSAS stated I was wait listed last week.

In regards to post #55, this is not the first time I have heard concerns regarding the clinical experience with Nova's program from a student's perspective. I brought the topic up twice during my visit there. The two D1 students quickly shot down any notion that the clinic was having issues with patients - simply countering the claim by stating that there is a 6-month waitlist for patients. The faculty stated the same thing.

Does anyone know how patients and students are matched? Are there full-time staff in charge of helping sort patients in a manner that allows the student's meet their requirements?

I have several friends (no one at Nova) in dental school state that it's imperative that the student be proactively involved in making sure they get the patients they need to meet their requirements. Not necessarily to go out and recruit people, but to merely make sure that other students and school staff are aware of certain needs.

The school may have a 6-month patient wait list, but how are those patients being handled? Also, what is the current state of those patients from a dental stand point?

Has anyone been accepted since the April 15th deadline?