**** Official UDM C/O 2015 Acceptance Thread ****

Ghostman1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Just checking to see if anyone has heard anything or know when they announce there acceptances.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing yet. Does anyone know how they normally go about contacting the admitted students?

nothing as well....i think they call

Waiting too.. I forgot to ask at the interview how they notified us... I saw on previous threads that it is a phone call, so I suppose at this point we can just wait? I'm tempted to call... haha but that would probably be annoying

Well there were other threads that said that Karin was supposed to call "early morning" but I don't know what that means. I'm a michigan resident and its 10:17am here...but its snowing today so maybe she got stuck in the snow...:) WHEN IS SHE GOING TO CALL!!!!!?????

calls are starting...my best friend just got in!

ahhh, that makes me so nervous!! every time my phone rings i'm going to flip.:scared:

I just got a call from Karen about 15 minutes ago... I am in

Got the call about 10 mins ago! I'm going to UDM!!

For those who have received a call, what does it say on aadsas for school decisions?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
me too, i'm in!

my aadsas updated right after i got off the phone

im still waiting :xf:

is it too late at this point? what does it all mean?????? :scared:

I GOT THE CALL AT 12:01 not all calls had been made.....

hey everyone- congrats on getting into mercy.
I was just contacted for an interview for the alternate list- can anyone tell me what kind of questions are asked and what the interview is all about?

Thanks!

Very casual, there is info on the interview feedback section from former applicants sharing their experiences. I interviewed Dec. 1 2011. I met with Dr. Lebow whom worked in Emergency. She was very down to earth. She asked about my interest in Dentistry and complemented me on my accomplishments she asked me how my wife and I were planning to handle the stresses and demands of dental school ( I am married with 3 kids). She asked me what I felt where my strengths and weaknesses. During the interview she would be talking with students as they came to her with different questions etc.. We were in an enclave off to the side of a couple of different rooms were the students were seeing patients. She did ask about some low grades that I had and asked what I would do if I were struggling academically. She asked what my plans were for the future. I can't remember much else, but like I said if you look under the interview feedback tab at the top of the page here on SDN and then navigate to a tab where you can specify UDM there is a lot of feedback available there. Good luck and relax. As difficult as that may be it is the best thing you can do besides just being yourself and honest. It is my opinion that UDM is very open minded and values diversity. I didn't think I that they would have selected me and I will start this August. Oh and one thing the students told me and I have heard again and again they only interview people that they are very interested in (basically if they give you an interview your chances are very good). Stay calm and best regards.

Very casual, there is info on the interview feedback section from former applicants sharing their experiences. I interviewed Dec. 1 2011. I met with Dr. Lebow whom worked in Emergency. She was very down to earth. She asked about my interest in Dentistry and complemented me on my accomplishments she asked me how my wife and I were planning to handle the stresses and demands of dental school ( I am married with 3 kids). She asked me what I felt where my strengths and weaknesses. During the interview she would be talking with students as they came to her with different questions etc.. We were in an enclave off to the side of a couple of different rooms were the students were seeing patients. She did ask about some low grades that I had and asked what I would do if I were struggling academically. She asked what my plans were for the future. I can't remember much else, but like I said if you look under the interview feedback tab at the top of the page here on SDN and then navigate to a tab where you can specify UDM there is a lot of feedback available there. Good luck and relax. As difficult as that may be it is the best thing you can do besides just being yourself and honest. It is my opinion that UDM is very open minded and values diversity. I didn't think I that they would have selected me and I will start this August. Oh and one thing the students told me and I have heard again and again they only interview people that they are very interested in (basically if they give you an interview your chances are very good). Stay calm and best regards.

this is very true. ESPECIALLY if you get an early interview. You can even tell this because they measure your white coat before the interview takes place :laugh:

For those of you future UDM applicants, if you get a pre-december interview, VERY GOOD CHANCE (like 99%) you are accepted

I am contemplating downtown vs Royal Oak area. Planning on checking out some options at the housing fair though.