***Official UIC College of Dentistry c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread****

FutureDDSchica

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm in!! So excited!!!:)

Members don't see this ad.

me too!!!!! omg i can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:banana:

What a great day! I'm so excited!!

Members don't see this ad :)
woot woot!
I started laughing in the middle of our conversation with the nice lady (Forget the name)
It was from a private number. I thought it was my friend being a jerk! LOL.
I cannot believe it!!! :laugh::laugh:

It was the last offer I got today, and it was certainly to most anticipated, very cool!!

This is the day I've been dreaming of for years. It finally happened. I got the acceptance call!! So happy. Congrats to everyone else who is accepted!!

My aadsas status didn't change, it still says invited for interview though. How about you guys? :D:D

Do you guys know from the interview at UIC that how many people will get accepted in the school in Dec 1st. What is the chance for whom still wait for an interview?
:confused:

First off, I'd like to go ahead and congratulate the class of 2015. You guys have worked so hard and you have now actually made it in! So give yourself a pat on the back:highfive:

For those that interviewed pre-dec at UIC, please correct me if I am wrong. UIC has only contacted their "accepted" people, right? Did anyone else hear otherwise, like of UIC e-mailing or calling about getting waitlisted or, God forbid, rejected? I interviewed pre dec but I haven't heard anything from them and my status has been the same (invited for i-view and i-views are by invitations only? Anyone care to shed some light?

Thanks

first off, i want say congrats to ya'll. I have an interview at UIC dec. 9th and want some insight on the process/ any tips/ suggestions/ anything i should look out or be aware of?

im from the south-so any tips for clothing besides like normals like a coat, gloves, etc. what about boots?

First off, I'd like to go ahead and congratulate the class of 2015. You guys have worked so hard and you have now actually made it in! So give yourself a pat on the back:highfive:

For those that interviewed pre-dec at UIC, please correct me if I am wrong. UIC has only contacted their "accepted" people, right? Did anyone else hear otherwise, like of UIC e-mailing or calling about getting waitlisted or, God forbid, rejected? I interviewed pre dec but I haven't heard anything from them and my status has been the same (invited for i-view and i-views are by invitations only? Anyone care to shed some light?

Thanks

IIRC, dean of admissions said they don't reject people... they just keep them on file and continually review the apps for the rolling admission after Dec 1. But if you don't hear from them by March/April, an acceptance is highly unlikely.

This is the day I've been dreaming of for years. It finally happened. I got the acceptance call!! So happy. Congrats to everyone else who is accepted!!

My aadsas status didn't change, it still says invited for interview though. How about you guys? :D:D

AADSAS Changed this morning to Offer Made. :thumbup:

:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there a facebook group for c/o 2015 yet? I wanna see who will be attending UIC! :D

Hey everyone,

I'm trying to make a facebook group but it won't let me since I have to invite members. Not sure how to do it without inviting members. If you can, PM so I can add you to the group. Or if someone made a group, please post the link. Thanks.

Now that in-state interviews are finished (that's what I was told by C. Feller), out-of-state interviews are beginning in Jan. Since you guys have been throught the interview process, I was wondering if you might give some tips, hints, suggestions, or even divulge as to the format of the interview.

Many thanks!:)

Now that in-state interviews are finished (that's what I was told by C. Feller), out-of-state interviews are beginning in Jan. Since you guys have been throught the interview process, I was wondering if you might give some tips, hints, suggestions, or even divulge as to the format of the interview.

Many thanks!:)

Really? I'm out-of-state and I got in on Dec 1st. Not sure what they are saying. Anywho, the interview was laid back. Just be yourself and you will be fine. The questions are pretty standard. Just check out "interview feedback" for it. It really helped. Good luck!!!

It was hard, but I'm giving my seat at UIC. I hope this is good news for someone.

Really? I'm out-of-state and I got in on Dec 1st. Not sure what they are saying. Anywho, the interview was laid back. Just be yourself and you will be fine. The questions are pretty standard. Just check out "interview feedback" for it. It really helped. Good luck!!!
Thank you FutureDDSchica!

If you don't mind me asking, what is pretty standard questions?...also, what did you mean by checking out interview feedback?

Thank you

Just sent my request to join the Facebook group. I'm excited to see who I'll meet at orientation.

Thank you FutureDDSchica!

If you don't mind me asking, what is pretty standard questions?...also, what did you mean by checking out interview feedback?

Thank you

The standard questions....why dentistry, why UIC, where do you want to practice, what would you do if you don´t get into dental schools...the basic stuff. For the interview feedback, scroll all the way to the top where it´s say the student doctor network in blue. Click on Interview feedback and it will take you to all the interview questions for each school. That really helped me to prepare for my interview. Check it out. Good luck and happy new years to everyone by the way!!

The standard questions....why dentistry, why UIC, where do you want to practice, what would you do if you don´t get into dental schools...the basic stuff. For the interview feedback, scroll all the way to the top where it´s say the student doctor network in blue. Click on Interview feedback and it will take you to all the interview questions for each school. That really helped me to prepare for my interview. Check it out. Good luck and happy new years to everyone by the way!!
Thank you very much...this was very informative! By the way, how can I connect with you on FB if I end up at UIC?

Thanks

Hey everyone,
I'm trying to weigh the pro's and con's of MW vs UIC, its a tough decision for me, and although I love the idea of brand new facilities at MW, I am intrigued by the location and reputation of UIC. Is anyone else in the same boat?

Thanks

I love the idea of brand new facilities at MW as well, but, i'd rather spend ~100,000 less for tuition at UIC. Are you from IL?

Yea, Im from the suburbs, its cheaper living near Midwestern than in Chicago, but obviously there isn't much goin on in Downers Grove... What exactly is the comparison in tuition? and I am wondering if any kids have been accepted at both and what helped in their decision process

When do guys think Uic will send out second round of acceptance?

i think they have!! did u check your adsas? when was ur interview date?

When do guys think Uic will send out second round of acceptance?

Hey oralcav, I interviewed the same day as you. :) I'm dying for news too! In another thread I read that a person that interviewed back on October 25th got an acceptance yesterday...so maybe that's good news for us and our interview group might hear soon cuz it may mean the adcoms have met recently? I definitely don't want to bug them by calling someone there and asking, though it's tempting...

Congrats to everyone else that got accepted! :thumbup: And wishing luck for the rest of us!

FYI - I just interviewed today at UIC and the official word is that 41 of the 60 in-state spots have been filled...so there is still 19, or nearly a third still waiting to be filled!

Furthermore, the admissions staff told us (interviewees) that the next admissions committee meeting to make official acceptance decisions will take place in mid to late February, so I guess we have to be patient!

Also, they told us interviewees NOT to call or email them surrounding our admissions status...so again, be patient! :)

Last edited:
FYI - I just interviewed today at UIC and the official word is that 41 of the 60 in-state spots have been filled...

Did they mention how many students had been accepted from out of state/how many were left to be taken? Thanks

So, in case you are not aware, there are 60 spots reserved for in-state residents (3 or 4 of which are reserved for some early guaranteed acceptance program).

There is a total class size of 66, so 6 spots are reserved for out-of-state applicants.

It was my understanding (from my interview on the 13th of Jan.) that our group of 6 or so out-of-state applicants were the first to be interviewed, and I got the impression that there would be a total of approximately 25 OOS applicants interviewed. So, there are still 6 spots out of 6 total spots still waiting to be filled when the committee convenes in mid to late Feb.

Hope I answered your question! :)

So, there are still 6 spots out of 6 total spots still waiting to be filled when the committee convenes in mid to late Feb.

:)

So i Know for sure that one girl from maryland (DDSCHICA) got accepted. So I am pretty sure you are incorrect about there being all 6 spots still available for out of state students.....Also I am from Florida and I was interviewed on November 4th. Good luck, hopefully we will both hear soon

So, then 5 out of 6 still remain....unless you hear otherwise!

Sorry about that!

I guess I got some mixed messages when I was contacted by the school, with them saying that they were now starting (Jan.) the OOS interviews.

Either way, I wish you good luck! :)

Sigmachi,

If you don't mind me asking what were your stats? Obviously I understand if you don't want to tell me

I don't really want to give exact numbers, but they were on par or slightly above the previous matriculating class.