***Official Creighton c/o 2015 Acceptance Thread***

condog51

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Got the email this morning!!!!

*New Mexico Applicant

Members don't see this ad.

Got the email this morning too! WI resident

I also received the email this morning - ND applicant. However I was also extended an offer at Minnesota, which I'm quite sure is where I'll be heading.

Congrats to everyone accepted!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too, got the e-mail bright and early. :)

*NM resident but am currently a Creighton undergrad

Got accepted through the RDEP Program. I'm a Utah resident. See you guys in 2 years

OH SNAP!!!

There's too many NM applicants for me already J/K. I just got my acceptance earlier today and I always wanted to be part of an acceptance thread ever since I found out about SDN!!! Now I am, and I'm so thrilled to be in this position right now and would like to congratulate everyone on their success.

Hey I'm super excited about my acceptance to Creighton, but since I am a Utah resident everything I know about the program has to do with the University of Utah and the RDEP program. I don't know a whole lot about Creighton and their website leaves a lot of unanswered questions. I hope to make it out to Omaha sometime before school starts next summer to check it out, but in the mean time I have some questions for those of you that got to interview there.

1. How are the facilities (classrooms, clinics, preclinics) out there? Are they modern, updated, new, or are they old and blown out. I know they have digital flies and a ct machine but that doesn't say anything about the actual facilities.

2. Did any of the current students mention online books? I know some of the schools I interviewed at had online textbooks that saved the students loads of money?

3. I understand the dental school campus in on (or very near) the undergrad campus, is this correct?

4. Has anyone heard how the RDEP students are received by the class they eventually join in D2. i.e. do they still mesh, or is it a competition

5. Creighton hasn't gone to pass/fail have they?

6. Any other useful information that you got/observed while you were there interviewing.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting all you guys

1. How are the facilities (classrooms, clinics, preclinics) out there? Are they modern, updated, new, or are they old and blown out. I know they have digital flies and a ct machine but that doesn't say anything about the actual facilities.

The building is pretty old, made back in the 70s. However, all the chairs, instruments, equipment, radiology clinic etc... are up to date like you said. Everything is good. The parking lot is like 20 seconds away so it's awesome. There's 3 stories, freshman and sophomore labs are on the 3rd floor, the dental clinic is on the second floor, and we have some classrooms on the 1st floor that juniors and seniors use for their classes outside of the clinic. Overall, nothing bad about the facilities at all.

2. Did any of the current students mention online books? I know some of the schools I interviewed at had online textbooks that saved the students loads of money?

No online books, just textbooks like in undergrad. However, many books we don't need bc the lecture powerpoints are good enough. you never have to print out anything, the profs always bring it in for us. but it might be diff in utah so I don't know. most of us got our books on amazon

3. I understand the dental school campus in on (or very near) the undergrad campus, is this correct?

The school is by itself. The OT and PT students also share the building and take classes on the 1st floor. It's awesome that it's by itself and the health science library is connected to the building. it would take a minute to drive to the undergrad campus, bookstore, gym, health clinic etc. Creighton Medical Center is right across and many students go there to eat lunch everyday in the cafeteria. It's about a 30 second walk.

4. Has anyone heard how the RDEP students are received by the class they eventually join in D2. i.e. do they still mesh, or is it a competition

The new utah and idaho students join us for summer school in july. They fit in nicely, it's just like normal after a few weeks. No competitions at Creighton...you obviously know we want to produce general dentists and specialization rate is lower than other schools. everyone emails each other and shares notes, old exams, etc...so you don't have to worry at all

5. Creighton hasn't gone to pass/fail have they?

Regular grading system, A-F

6. Any other useful information that you got/observed while you were there interviewing.

Good to see you making the choice of going to CU. You will probably move into village green(townhouses) like the rest of the utah guys. of the 8 utah guys in our class, 6 of them live in village green. i'm assuming that you are LDS. village green is awesome, most ppl are lds there and they split you into wards. i'm also assuming you're married like many of the utah guys here. it's really safe and it's going to be fun for your wives to get along and for the kids to play together. about 20% of the ppl in our class live there.

Thanks, and I look forward to meeting all you guys[/QUOTE]

Members don't see this ad :)
Ashley,

Thanks a lot for the reply. All those answers were exactly what I was looking for? Are you currently in school there, or are you c/o 2015? Thanks again!

No prob. I'm a D4. If you have any more questions, feel free to ask. Don't study anything before school starts. Enjoy your time now, you deserve it. The hardest part in becoming a dentist is getting into dental school and you've already accomplished it.

Im gonna look to see if anyone has made a facebook page and If not Ill try to start one for all the 2015 class

Congrats to all! I will be attending Creighton as well and look forward to meeting all of you. I was wondering if anyone has set-up a Facebook page. I know vessej5 mentioned it but could not find anything on Facebook. I do not use Facebook a lot so I may just be missing it. If it has been made please post the group name, so that we all can get to know one another better and/or give insight into where to live. I would make one but have never made a group before so wouldn't know where to begin. Thanks, and I look forward to talking to you all.

Sorry it took so long everyone.... Here it is

called Creighton today...they said they are going to be sending out second round of invites by the end of this week.

Just got a call from Dr. Powell, accepted to Creighton and the RDEP Program! I'm pumped!

congrats man, feel free to join the facebook group

I just called Creighton, and they said that the next round of acceptances will go out sometime next week but they aren't sure exactly when yet. I don't know if they still haven't sent out the second round (besides RDEP) or if they are somehow already doing a third round next week, but either way...more waiting. Haha.

congrats to all of you! i've got an interview on monday and hope to be posting great news here soon!! :)
just wondering if anyone could give me some insights on the interview process? i've read the feedback etc. and have gotten the impression that it is a very relaxed sort of situation, but if anyone would like to say anything else on the matter, i'd be all ears!
thanks. hopefully i'll be seeing you in august! :)

i've read the feedback etc. and have gotten the impression that it is a very relaxed sort of situation, but if anyone would like to say anything else on the matter, i'd be all ears!
thanks. hopefully i'll be seeing you in august! :)

First off, I've only interviewed. No exceptance. Creighton didn't make any effort to inform us of their school/program and it's qualities or advantages. I was already familiar with info from SDN and Creighton's website but that is limited.

Our group of 4 met each other in the waiting room and made small talk until interviewing began. Two of us went with a student to tour the facility while the other two interviewed. My interview was backwards, similar to others who have posted on other threads. I asked all the questions and when I asked if he had questions about me he only said "I have the advantage. I have your file." So I asked some more questions. I was in there for about 25 minutes.

!So have questions ready!

Hello, I am inquiring to those of you in this thread because you have obviously been accepted. With that said, does anyone feel that I would have a chance at being accepted at Creighton considering that they only just recently received my AADSAS and supplementary application?

I have very good DAT scores, and not that it necessarily matters, just finished my PhD.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance, and congratulations to all those accepted!

Hello, I am inquiring to those of you in this thread because you have obviously been accepted. With that said, does anyone feel that I would have a chance at being accepted at Creighton considering that they only just recently received my AADSAS and supplementary application?

I have very good DAT scores, and not that it necessarily matters, just finished my PhD.

Any thoughts?

Thank you in advance, and congratulations to all those accepted!

Seeing as you are a EX, I would think there is still a pretty good chance.

In Hoc

So I'm assuming you are also a Sigma Chi? I was an Alpha Sigma at the U of MN. But more seriously, did you hear anything when you went for an interview as to the number of spots still open, or do you have any other thoughts about my initial question?

IHSV

Yea, I'm a sigma chi too. I really don't know a whole lot about your original question because I haven't even been to Creighton. I got accepted through the RDEP program in Utah. As long as your stats are as stellar as they sound I'd assume you still have a decent chance. I'd call their admissions office and ask them how many spots are still available. good luck

I just called Creighton today asking when the second round of acceptances were going to be sent, and I was told that class is full!!!! So there won't be a second round :(

yup thats what they told me too...from now on, were all just competing for the waiting list if we havent heard of anything....

I just called Creighton today asking when the second round of acceptances were going to be sent, and I was told that class is full!!!! So there won't be a second round :(

Does anyone else think the contracts with certain states is unfair to better candidates who are denied?

Last edited:
Does anyone else think the contracts with certain states is unfair to better candidates who are denied?[

I am doing the RDEP Program, and I don't think that it is unfair at all (obviously, because I am in it). Most states have state dental schools, but Utah, Idaho, and some of the others that they serve don't. Every school in the country takes people over those who are 'better candidates,' because the ones who got in interviewed better, or had something that the admissions committee liked. While DAT and GPA are great tools to reduce some of the thousands of applicants that each school receives, they are not the final decision making tools. Being a complete candidate is what gets you in. Plus, all of the RDEP guys that I know have 20+ DAT and 3.6+ GPA, so they are definitely qualified.

Does anyone else think the contracts with certain states is unfair to better candidates who are denied?[

I am doing the RDEP Program, and I don't think that it is unfair at all (obviously, because I am in it). Most states have state dental schools, but Utah, Idaho, and some of the others that they serve don't. Every school in the country takes people over those who are 'better candidates,' because the ones who got in interviewed better, or had something that the admissions committee liked. While DAT and GPA are great tools to reduce some of the thousands of applicants that each school receives, they are not the final decision making tools. Being a complete candidate is what gets you in. Plus, all of the RDEP guys that I know have 20+ DAT and 3.6+ GPA, so they are definitely qualified.

I agree with osity's comments completely. If you are one of those who think they are a "better candidate" maybe some humility might serve you well in your next interview/application cycle.

Do any of you guys know how many teeth we're supposed to bring to school? I know it didn't matter if they have cavities or any other deformity, but it didn't say anything about a number.

i received an interview to Creighton on April 1st. Are there any seats available for the fall or is the class still full? Has anyone been waitlisted?

I'll be interviewing on March 25. I was wondering how many students from these post-Fall semester interviews get in?

Diane from Creighton did mentioned that the class is currently full. So I'm just assuming that these interviews are for an alternate list. I also know, that Creighton can accept applicants w/o interviews.

Hi, I actually received an interview for April 1st, as notified in mid-February. I saw someone else posted that he/she have an interview March 25. I was just wondering did you receive any feedback by now? Considering that you stated that there is no longer a second round, perhaps they decided otherwise later? Let me know. Thank you.

I'll be interviewing on March 25. I was wondering how many students from these post-Fall semester interviews get in?

Diane from Creighton did mentioned that the class is currently full. So I'm just assuming that these interviews are for an alternate list. I also know, that Creighton can accept applicants w/o interviews.

Okay, thanks for the info. Good luck to you. You may be right about the alternate list.

Hi, I actually received an interview for April 1st, as notified in mid-February. I saw someone else posted that he/she have an interview March 25. I was just wondering did you receive any feedback by now? Considering that you stated that there is no longer a second round, perhaps they decided otherwise later? Let me know. Thank you.

Hello :)

The last time I spoke with anyone from Creighton was right before I posted my last message here. I was told that the class is full, therefore there won't be a second round. I'm not sure if this has changed, although I highly doubt it. I know things have changed a bit this year at Creighton, because they have a new director of admissions.

I would highly suggest that you call Diane. She's SUPER friendly and helpful. She'll tell you anything and everything you want to know. I could be completely wrong and perhaps there WILL be a second round this year. I say this because last year they stopped interviewing people before the first round.

Anyway, if you have any other questions let me know--though I still think it would be to your advantage to call Diane and ask her. I got accepted here in my hometown so I'm not rooting for Creighton anymore! But I do know for a fact that Creighton dental school is absolutely AMAZING in its level of education. It was second in my list :)

Good luck!

Hey does anyone know of the laptop requirements for school? I haven't found any information regarding laptops on the school website or in any of the papers I've received. Does Creighton require us to buy "their" laptop or do we just bring one of our own?

Hey does anyone know of the laptop requirements for school? I haven't found any information regarding laptops on the school website or in any of the papers I've received. Does Creighton require us to buy "their" laptop or do we just bring one of our own?

I talked to Dr. Powell and he said that we just buy our own. It doesn't matter whether it's a mac or pc, all of Creighton's stuff is compatible with both. I'm possibly looking at the new macbook pro.

who else got the Do you want to be put on waitlist email? chances of acceptance from waitlist? any idea anyone? i know its full but just hoping somebody will change their mind ... you smell me?

I second the Macbook pro. I'm just waiting until Apple offers their incentive this year. They usually offer a free Ipod touch (or something similar) with the purchase of a computer.

I second the Macbook pro. I'm just waiting until Apple offers their incentive this year. They usually offer a free Ipod touch (or something similar) with the purchase of a computer.

Agreed. I'm debating between the MacBook pro or MacBook air. Either way I'll wait for the free iPod this summer.

Agreed. I'm debating between the MacBook pro or MacBook air. Either way I'll wait for the free iPod this summer.

I heard they weren't doing the free ipod anymore, but that they're just doing a $100 discount? Do you guys know anything about that?

so really NOBODY else got the do u want to be on alternate list email? And also, i was looking through predents and it seems impossible that all the spots are filled currently. Because i see that at least 6 out of 14 ppl that got accepted rejected creighton. any thoughts?

I heard they weren't doing the free ipod anymore, but that they're just doing a $100 discount? Do you guys know anything about that?

Haven't heard that, they already give an education discount which is usually $100 off a MacBook. They usually have back to school promotions in the summer so either way I'll still wait for the promotion before I buy. I hope it's still the iPod, I bought a Mac for my wife last summer and we sold the iPod for $200 which helped alleviate the cost of the computer!

I got the email too. I emailed them back and told them I wanted to be considered. I wish I had something concrete to mail to them to show that I have improved myself since I applied, but besides my fall transcript (which they already have), I don't really have anything.