Pharmacy Lawsuit- Walgreens-

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TCB

live and let live
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Today on CNN: Cut Network of Newsbabes, because lets face it all the women anchords on that network are so hot .

"AlBUQUERQUE, New Mexico (AP) -- The family of a brain-damaged boy who received methadone instead of an anti-hyperactivity drug has asked for millions of dollars in sanctions against Walgreens."

http://www.cnn.com/2003/LAW/08/18/pharmacy.lawsuit.ap/index.html

Members don't see this ad.

Somebody made the mistake of dispensing methadone instead of methylphenidate (generic Ritalin)? Then Wags attorney allegedly conspired to cover-up the discrepancy in the pharmacy's methadone inventory by forging a fake script...

A kid who was just "hyperactive" is now brain damaged. I wonder how the mistake occured in the first place? Even the allegation of a conspiracy to cover this up is very troubling. How far up the Wags corporate ladder (assuming there was a conspiracy) did this go?

Wow, what a sobering news article, especially when you learn what happened to the kid and the kind of money the family is asking for as compensation.

Thanks, TCB, for bringing this article to our attention. Reading these kinds of horror stories and keeping them in the back of my mind are the kinds of motivations I need to remind myself what can happen when mistakes are made in the health care setting.