Can This 12 Year Old Kid Really Be Attending Univ. Of Chicago's Med School?!?!?!?!?!?

Started by OwlMyste
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's for real. I'm not at Chicago, but it's been on the national news several times. Possible, yes. Advisable . . . not sure. It sounds like he's planning on doing M1/2 years and then starting work on his PhD, so he'll be a little older when he starts clinicals. Still, awfully young.
 
Yeah, and medical schools seek to accept people who will make compassionate and personable physicians 🙄

Stuff like this strengthens my belief that it's all about numbers and who will make the best student, not physician. Boo to MD schools.

I wonder if DO schools would pull a stunt like this? I would say no.
 
Since this thread is already alive and kicking in the Allopathic Forum, I'll close it here.

At any rate, this is not the first time a 12 year old has been admitted to medical school, although there are many schools which will not do so, seemingly due to the perceived lack of maturity by the student and lack of acceptance by the patient. Frankly, I've known some 30 year olds who hadn't sense enough to act maturely in front of patients, so I'm not sure if simply being 12 makes one immature.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.