Application Questions

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Baker2010

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello,
I want to know if there is a way to get access or an idea of what questions are on the aadsas application so that I could possibly get a start on my responses before the actual app is available June 1st? thanks

Members don't see this ad.

Hello,
I want to know if there is a way to get access or an idea of what questions are on the aadsas application so that I could possibly get a start on my responses before the actual app is available June 1st? thanks

From Background Information section
-Describe any activities requiring manual dexterity (e.g. activities requiring hand-eye coordination such as cross-stitching, sewing, art, crafts, playing musical instruments, auto repair, etc.) at which you are proficient. (You are limited to 600 characters, including spaces)

-Do you have any relatives who are dentists, are in dental school, or who have studied or are studying Dental Hygiene, Dental Assisting, Dental Laboratory Technology or related dental fields? (Yes or No)

-If yes, indicate name, relationship, name of school, dental degree or certificate, year of graduation or expected graduation (You are limited to 600 characters, including spaces)

-Have you ever been disqualified, suspended, dismissed, or otherwise subject to a disciplinary action at any college or university in connection with your academic performance? (Yes or No)

-If you answered "yes" to this question, enter an explanation here regarding each disqualification, suspension, dismissal, or disciplinary action. Include 1) a brief description of the situation, 2) the specific charge(s) made, 3) the disciplinary action taken, and 4) a reflection on the experience and how the experience has affected your life. (You are limited to 600 characters, including spaces)

-Have you ever been found to have violated a school rule, policy or procedure, or an honor code; or have you otherwise been disqualified, put on probation, suspended, dismissed, expelled, or otherwise been subject to disciplinary action at any college/university in connection to misconduct? Please include any and all instances of misconduct, regardless of whether the school maintains a record of such misconduct or formal action, or whether it appears on your transcript. (Yes or No)

-If you answered "yes," enter an explanation here regarding each violation. Include 1) a brief description of the situation, 2) the specific charge(s) made, 3) the disciplinary action taken, and 4) a reflection on the experience and how the experiences has affected your life. (You are limited to 600 characters, including spaces)

-Have you ever applied to dental school prior to the present application cycle? (Yes or No)

-If yes, include the name of schools to which you applied and year(s) of application. If accepted/enrolled, indicate dates of enrollment (You are limited to 600 characters, including spaces)

-Have you previously, or are you currently applying to a health profession school other than dental school? (Yes or No)

-If yes, indicate school(s), type of program, year applied, and also indicate if you were accepted and/or enrolled. (You are limited to 600 characters, including spaces)

-Has your education ever been interrupted or affected adversely for reasons other than deficiencies in conduct or academic performance? (Yes or No)

-If yes, please describe. (You are limited to 600 characters, including spaces)

-Are you currently under charge or have you ever been convicted of a felony or misdemeanor, other than minor traffic violations? (Yes or No)

-If yes, enter a brief explanation of the charge(s), the date(s) of the charge(s), current status, and outcomes.

ADEA AADSAS requires you to report any convictions. You may also be required to report one or more of the following types of records directly to your designated dental school with details about the judgments or disciplines: (You are limited to 600 characters, including spaces)
  • Misdemeanor convictions
  • Arrests for misdemeanors and felonies
  • Adjudication withheld
  • Nolo contendere
  • Plea bargain

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
When listing out your 10 EC's, do you guys go by date order or order of importance?

When listing out your 10 EC's, do you guys go by date order or order of importance?

Order of importance. Your best ECs are the ones you want adcoms seeing first.