You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2011-2012 University of Cincinnati Application Thread
Started by Sammich117
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
No love- I'll be the first 😀.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
This is my number one choice! (I'm from Cincinnati). I really wanted to apply early decision but since they don't publish minimum requirements (at least what I could find) I figured I should play it safe and apply broadly.
Is anybody applying here with a sub-30 MCAT? If so, what does the rest of your app look like?
I am retaking my MCAT in July. You can find my stats and app details in the MD Applicant profile! cincinnati is where I was when I graduated from HS. Being a state student, hoping to get some love!
Does anyone know if UC screens for the secondary application or if everyone receives one?
On MSAR it says that they send it to all applicants. Lets hope they send it soon! 🙂
Does anyone know if UC screens for the secondary application or if everyone receives one?
On MSAR it says that they send it to all applicants. Lets hope they send it soon! 🙂
I just got mine today 🙂
I just got mine today 🙂
Same
I just got mine today 🙂
Same
No essays? At least it's only a $25 secondary...
it was a nice secondary
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
anyone having trouble accessing the site?
Yeah, it keeps giving me errors as I go through to the payment screen.anyone having trouble accessing the site?
yeah, same here, keep getting an error when i click the link in the email
maybe the site can't handle us all doing it at once haha...oh wellz i emailed the adcom anyways just to inform them
just called the Admissions Office, and they didn't realize their website was down. They were getting in touch with IT services when I hung up with them.
So I know that I'm not alone, did anyone else list traffic tickets?
Yes I did. It specifically says to include speeding/traffic tickets.
site is back up
White devil!site is back up
So I know that I'm not alone, did anyone else list traffic tickets?
I did. It was way back in high school, so I don't even think it is still on my record, but they said ever, so figured it was better to disclose than to just pray they can't see it!
Got mine today as well! I had a speeding ticket before I turned 18 and I totally forgot to add it on the secondary app...hope it doesn't come back on the CBC!
any other PSTP applicants? why is the MD/PhD page so troublesome? why is the application asking us to re-enter in publications, research experiences, and to write another research summary essay? can i just copy and paste my 10k limit one from my primary............ i'm also tempted to write "refer to AMCAS primary" for research experiences/pubs.
Got mine today as well! I had a speeding ticket before I turned 18 and I totally forgot to add it on the secondary app...hope it doesn't come back on the CBC!
It wouldn't hurt to just email admissions about your oversight.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
any other PSTP applicants? why is the MD/PhD page so troublesome? why is the application asking us to re-enter in publications, research experiences, and to write another research summary essay? can i just copy and paste my 10k limit one from my primary............ i'm also tempted to write "refer to AMCAS primary" for research experiences/pubs.
Same here. I emailed them, but haven't gotten a response regarding whether or not to paste our MD/PhD statement and Research essay into their essay questions. There is nothing different in their prompts, so I would think we could pretty much just copy and paste?
Received and submitted! Had to mention my 3 speeding tickets 😳. Forgive me for being enthusiastic about being on time to work.
Is anyone actually marked as complete? I'm still incomplete even though my letters are in AMCAS.
Is anyone actually marked as complete? I'm still incomplete even though my letters are in AMCAS.
Yeah, my letters should be in through AMCAS as well. Do you know how long it takes for them to each to the adcoms?
Yeah, my letters should be in through AMCAS as well. Do you know how long it takes for them to each to the adcoms?
It just depends on when the school goes in and downloads them. I wanted to make sure with people that no one was actually marked complete after they submitted.
Very nice Secondary. If only they all were that concise...
Does anyone know if we should click "submit" even if our letters aren't in yet...?
Does anyone know if we should click "submit" even if our letters aren't in yet...?
Also, they sent me Secondary w/o verification. Just submitted AMCAS yesterday.
Very nice Secondary. If only they all were that concise...
Does anyone know if we should click "submit" even if our letters aren't in yet...?
I called and that seems fine. They said they pretty much they only have a secondary so that they have something on file at the university for each person. Letters will just be updated on the site when they process it.
Did anyone else try to do the secondary, but upon clicking on "Program Selection" drop box, nothing came up?
do cincy and all other med schools review applications based on date sent or based on higher stats?
do cincy and all other med schools review applications based on date sent or based on higher stats?
i seriously doubt that.
citrusguy u didn't exactlly answer the question haha? they view based on better stats first or date received?
Also, they sent me Secondary w/o verification. Just submitted AMCAS yesterday.
I've been verified for weeks and still no secondary. At least I know it's because I didn't get screened out...they don't' screen!😀
Did anyone else try to do the secondary, but upon clicking on "Program Selection" drop box, nothing came up?
This is happening to me as well. I think it might be a internet browser issue, but I don't know for sure. I've tried with Safari and Firefox and neither have worked. I'm gonna try IE tomorrow. If it still isn't working, then I may just contact them.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I called and that seems fine. They said they pretty much they only have a secondary so that they have something on file at the university for each person. Letters will just be updated on the site when they process it.
That's good info- probably explains why I am not complete at the moment. Thanks!
Complete! However, I have a deceased parent and entered N/A for the contact address/phone number. Don't know if that will hold things up at all. Strange they were all required fields...
Same here. It felt weird...
Complete! However, I have a deceased parent and entered N/A for the contact address/phone number. Don't know if that will hold things up at all. Strange they were all required fields...
I'm having the same issue. How did you get it to save the information? It's showing N/A as unacceptable for the phone number, so it won't save for me.
- Status
- Not open for further replies.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 281
- Views
- 99K

. Anyone else?