Timings Admissions Officers Work

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Melomare17

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So I was wondering what time of the day/days of the week do admissions officers/committee members read/convene/meet or go over your application? Do they do it during the weekends too?

I'll tell you why I'm asking afterwards, just need an answer first, don't respond if you're asking me why.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
ok then the average time, or the LATEST they would stay in a day.

you dont need multiple threads. the one in the preosteo forum is unneeded. And it is probably impossible to tell. some may bring home work and chat with each other, some may not. i would probably guess there are few full committee meetings on the weekend, but this is entirely a guess.

you might get better answers if you tell why because then maybe people will see the context in which you ask. reading it like you have posted i immediately think, "wtf does it matter." i am sure there are many who are thinking the same that may actually know the answer.

ok then the average time, or the LATEST they would stay in a day.
Eastern or Pacific time? :laugh:

Seriously, what do you want us to tell you? For all we know there are a good number of adcoms with insomniacs on them that meet in the wee hours of the night.

There is no universal answer for this at all, and the only people that will have any clue at all are the people actually on adcoms (LizzyM, Catalystik, etc...) and they're going to say the same thing: it varies by school.

Yeah, it varies by school. At my school, we read applications through a secure, password protected online interface and it is available 24/7 with some minor downtime for maintenance. Many of us read from home in the evening, early morning or on weekends. We don't discuss applicants until after interview reports are received and those meetings tend to take place in the late afternoon/early evening. Decisions are not relayed to the applicants until the next day or several days later and are unrelated to the time of day in which we are reading/ reviewing/ discussing.

OK, now I want to know why.

ah ok thanks! i was going to do something facebook but i guess nvm

as in deactivate during the time they have admissions and reactivate at night or w/e

Members don't see this ad :)
haha oh man, i was hoping it was something hilarious like this:D:laugh:
Just change your privacy settings
Yup, it might be the right time for u to change.

as in deactivate during the time they have admissions and reactivate at night or w/e

My mental image of OP:
psych_distress.gif

i actually don't have anything to hide. though there may be pictures of me (untagged) with people who may be doing other stuff.

if u guys have ever used www.spokeo.com, u know privacy is next to nothing in the 21st century

why don't u just type ur name in, and see what's available on the internet? or perhaps your username? or even your friend's names? do it and then talk to me about privacy.

paul411-whaddup prashanth?

Last edited:
if u guys have ever used www.spokeo.com, u know privacy is next to nothing in the 21st century

why don't u just type ur name in, and see what's available on the internet? or perhaps your username? or even your friend's names? do it and then talk to me about privacy.

I spend the first hour of every day at work Googling my name.

i actually don't have anything to hide. though there may be pictures of me (untagged) with people who may be doing other stuff.

If the pictures are untagged, how would they get to them from your profile?

Also, neither my SDN handle nor my actual name returned the real me on that site. Guess I'm safe. :laugh:

One of my friends actually did the whole facebook deactivation/reactivation thing. Except he deactivated at the beginning of the cycle and reactivated after he got accepted.

BTH though, as this generation grows and matures, it's probably time to transition from using social networking as a data dump of your personal life to using it as a prudent representation or public face of the image you want the world to see, especially professionally. It is called social NETWORKING for a reason, other people whether intended or not will see it.

</soapbox>

I was really amused by how completely wrong this was :laugh: Apparently I'm male, married, and work in management :confused:

paul411-whaddup prashanth?

That website decided that neither I, nor anyone with my name, exists. Which is stupid because I have a public facebook and I know tons of people with my name. Website fail?

If you want a better website at least use www.Pipl.com, I think it uses Deep Web to look.