That Submit Button for AMCAS is so scary v_v

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PlatypusMD

Psy?
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Help me click it O_O.......

Members don't see this ad.

4_click_submit.jpg

Members don't see this ad :)
Haha thanks guys. There's no turning back now >________<

Yeah, despite all the work I put into my application and despite that it was as perfect as I was going to get it, it was still daunting to click submit. I think it would be easier if it was one button click followed by "are you sure?" Instead, it's more along the lines of "are you sure?" "We mean really sure?" "No mistakes? Positive it's good?" "Not feeling full of fail?" "Certain?" "OK, your funeral <evil laughter>." Brutal.

It's not as bad as the MCAT's "would you like to void your score?"

It's not as bad as the MCAT's "would you like to void your score?"

I selected the option for "Void," sat there for the entire time allotted, and changed it "Score" with about 1 second to go.

That statement makes my palms sweat lol.

I went in with the mentality that I was going to score my test no matter what. When the screen came up. I was like OH NO.... what do I do.... I clicked score... reaaaaaaallly quickly and then left. The lady was like, you have to end your screen, so I can get a print out for you.

I just wanted to get out of there sooooo fast.

I live life on the edge :cool:

But then I spent the next month wondering if I actually voided my test.

I see from your mdapps that if you had been a few seconds late, you would've voided an above-35 MCAT score :scared:

I selected the option for "Void," sat there for the entire time allotted, and changed it "Score" with about 1 second to go.

I too contemplated voiding, which surprised me, given that I was determined to have it scored no matter the result. However, I felt certain that I had completely botched everything, especially the physical sciences. Ironically, my score was great with PS being my highest. That test seriously messes with your head.

Wait until you get your first rejection...and then your second rejection...hehehe.

Wait until you get your first rejection...and then your second rejection...hehehe.

Yeah but by the time you hit #10 you just don't care anymore. It goes something along the lines of oh **** I forgot about that school....oh well....delete and grab a beer

I see from your mdapps that if you had been a few seconds late, you would've voided an above-35 MCAT score :scared:

It may work differently at different test centers, but I specifically remember my "void screen" stating, "If you do not submit a choice in 5 minutes, your exam will be scored," so you would have been safe even if you didn't change it, as long as you didn't click OK.