DAT Done 6/29 third time is a charm...alteast to me.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

gtk06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
i've been reading this forum for a while now. and its been really helpful. i'de like to thank everyone who had imputs it contributed to my success the third time of
my test:)

below are my scores i just took the dat today. and i have to say im relieved my scores arent the best but i think i've come a long way considering this is my third time taking it..i just stayed persistent and kept even though i wanted to give up but i didn't

2009 2010
PAT 15 14
qr 16 15
rc 15 15
bio 16 16
chem 15 16
ochem 16 16
AA 16 16

New Dat score 2011

Pat 20
qr 15( i never studied i wanted to improve on what was more imporant..)
rc18
bio 18
gchem 20
ochem 18
TS 18
AA 18

BIO
kaplan BB, DATqvault, destroyer, wikipedia, predds.net, Cliffs
i would say this section was kinda random but not too much. i understand most of the question but my mistake came when i panicked since it was the beginning of the exam. all the years of doing bad came back to memory i was fighting with myself so i wouldnt remember them. i would say cliffs and dat destroyer do a pretty good job. i though i was gonna do better since i was scoring 18-21s on practice.

gchem CHADs, destroyer, kBB
Honestly i don't know how i got a 20 on this section because during practices i was getting 16-18s i was worried alot i wasn't doing well but i knew if i managed to do well on other sections it would all balance out. but it wasn't too bad really. i 3 calculations on half-life, limited reagent and partial pressure. mostly mostly concepts.
i think the concepts of chad helped alot. i ran away from destroyer a bit cuz i was tired of missing problems..but thats just me lol

OChem Destroyer, KBB
pretty basic, didn't get any NMR type questions. but know the overall gist of reactions, reaction steps, reagents E1 SN1 E2 SN2 etc. i didn't use chads because i was understanding ochem and doing better so i just read kaplan and did destroyer

RC. Topscore, achiever, Crack Dat reading
im not a fast reading. english is my second language took me 3 years to learn it...lol
anyways i just read the passage through, s/d doesnt work for me. the passages were quite simple noting too bad. but not as detail as achiever, topscore or CDR. although there was about 2 tone/ inference questions per passage and 1 application question. i wasn't doing well in CDR i was getting 15s and 13-15 in achiever but topscore 18-19s. but i think CDR and achiever prepared me more. honestly what really improved my reading was staying calm and prior to the test for 6 plus months i would go on scientific america.com to read science articles. on the test i got passages on weather(hurricanes/storms) Physics(einstien related stuff lol) microbiology(helico bacteria). guys just stay calm you will do well

Pat. CDP, achiever, topscore, kaplan
CDP is best representation although keyholes were indeed hard achiever really helped me for that. angles were always hard for me naturally plus it was similar to topscore. honestly PRACTICE. PRACTICE. PRACTICE. thats the only way i got to a 20...i took the 10 test of CDP i was averaging 17-21

qr...i don't really know what to say here besides know your trig and conversions.
i never really studied for math.

to those are there trying and not seeing results...keep trying learn from your mistakes and you will get there. my score isn't the best but to me its an improvement and i feel some school will accept me if they here my whole story. good luck guys

well since this is the third time. i kinda feel i might have to take it again but i hope not. im just crossing my fingers. do i even have a chance. do they look at the overall improvement. what do you guys think?

i will post my practice test scores later..
sorry if this is long

GPA 3.2 sGPA 3.0

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
thanks yo! any thoughts on how many schools i should apply? what are my chances?
due to alot of money constrains i can only to apply to like 7 schools instead of like 10 or 15

thanks yo! any thoughts on how many schools i should apply? what are my chances?
due to alot of money constrains i can only to apply to like 7 schools instead of like 10 or 15

Huge mistake. Think of it this way, you'll be throwing that money away if you only do 7. You really should be doing 15-25 due to a lower gpa. The stats aren't in your favor therefore adjust your strategy.

Also, I thought you could only take the DAT 3 times?

Huge mistake. Think of it this way, you'll be throwing that money away if you only do 7. You really should be doing 15-25 due to a lower gpa. The stats aren't in your favor therefore adjust your strategy.

You can petition for it. e.g.: using a rejection letter.

thanks im broke but i will try for 15 lol
well if i can only take the DAT three times i hope my score will be enough. sigh