Would med school find out about a serious IA at a school I never took classes?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
That's a completely different issue. This dude wants to pretend he was never a student there at all if he finds himself standing tall before the Man. If you register, you're a student, it's pretty clear. Wether he can get an IA if he drops his classes and never follows up is another question.
I'm still going with troll.

Well, he can still register and then withdraw before the last date. He will be a student if he register, but he is not when he withdraws - yes, they have him as a member of the school, but since he hasn't taken any classes, he isn't obligated to listing this school in his AMCAS. After that, he should never set foot in that school.

All I am saying is, if he wants to see if he has any IA, he can still wait until the last day to drop his courses without having to mention this school in this AMCAS. But if he decides to stay and take classes, this semester or any future semester, he will.

Members don't see this ad.

Now, I have to make appointment to meet BOTH chemistry and biology department heads to get his equivalent forms filled out for like 20 courses - while watching my desired science courses being filled up.

Yeah well its not her fault either that you're a dumba** and waited until registration time to start asking questions about whether you had to clear your prereqs or not. You didn't go to their school...of course they're going to have to clear your classes if you don't want to start a new degree program. It's not rocket science there Einstein.

You graduated from college. Learn some professionalism. Resorting to calling people racial slurs will get you kicked out of any job/school you'll ever attend. I would second the opinion that you shouldn't even attempt to take classes at the school unless you're sure the lady isn't gonna follow up on it.

Anyone else hoping he registers and they wait until after the drop date to initiate the IA? *fingers crossed* for racist jackass to destroy his career before he can gobble up a med school seat~

Members don't see this ad :)
From the University of Omaha-Nebraska website:

http://www.unomaha.edu/discrimination.php

"2. Discrimination, Harassment and Intimidation
a. Any form of discrimination because of race,
color
, age, disability, religion, gender (including
sexual harassment), national origin, marital
status, Vietnam-era veteran status, political
affiliation, sexual orientation, or any unlawful
reason. Unwelcome sexual advances, requests
for sexual favors, and other physical, verbal, or
visual conduct based on sex constitute sexual
harassment when (1) submission to the conduct
is an explicit or implicit term or condition of
employment or academic standing, (2) submission
to or rejection of the conduct is used as the
basis for an employment or academic decision,
or (3) the conduct has the purpose or effect of
unreasonably interfering with an individual's work
performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or
offensive working or academic environment.
"

I wouldn't go further with the registration process. Your file there is probably flagged.

Your posting history is pretty confusing - Canadian degree, green card, five MCAT attempts, sister going to Carib med school.

From the University of Omaha-Nebraska website:

http://www.unomaha.edu/discrimination.php

"2. Discrimination, Harassment and Intimidation
a. Any form of discrimination because of race,
color
, age, disability, religion, gender (including
sexual harassment), national origin, marital
status, Vietnam-era veteran status, political
affiliation, sexual orientation, or any unlawful
reason. Unwelcome sexual advances, requests
for sexual favors, and other physical, verbal, or
visual conduct based on sex constitute sexual
harassment when (1) submission to the conduct
is an explicit or implicit term or condition of
employment or academic standing, (2) submission
to or rejection of the conduct is used as the
basis for an employment or academic decision,
or (3) the conduct has the purpose or effect of
unreasonably interfering with an individual’s work
performance or creating an intimidating, hostile, or
offensive working or academic environment.
"

I wouldn't go further with the registration process. Your file there is probably flagged.

Your posting history is pretty confusing - Canadian degree, green card, five MCAT attempts, sister going to Carib med school.

Your signature is hilarious. I love those videos.

Last edited:
So... you really think that you can just ignore an IA notice and it will all go away if you don't show up?

And you want to be a doctor?

NSFW and may be offensive to some, but this thread just reminded me of this...

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dF1NUposXVQ[/YOUTUBE]

Update:

I called the school and spoke to another advisor and discovered that I was already registered by the previous one who I insulted. I checked online and indeed I was registered for all the courses I wanted - despite not having the grade equivalent forms completed.

There are now 2 scenarios:

Scenario A) She spoke to her supervisor, and the supervisor told her I was indeed correct about having completed my pre-reqs and registered me as she should have done.

Scenario B) She registered me so the school can proceed with IA - so now my question is: If I ignore the IA hearing, and just not show up, does it still go on my record? If I get a letter in the mail, I plan on just drop all those courses ASAP and just ignore the letter - which means they can't give me a formal IA as I didn't show up to defend myself correct?

It is far more likely that situation A is closer to what happened than situation B. I doubt a school would go to such a concerted, unnecessary effort simply to screw you over via IA.

That being said, if you were to get IA in this case, it would be such an insurmountable obstacle to your application that I think it's still tremendously ill-advised to continue having anything to do with this institution.

And if the school does seek IA against you ignoring it won't make it go away. Same as court: people that don't show up don't get off. They lose by default.

Last edited:
This university is the ONLY university that is close to home - other reputable schools I have to commute a long distance. I dont want to attend any CC.

Is there any way to ask the schools if they are going to take IA against me - without giving them the idea??

You could email the conduct office and ask for a letter stating you are in good standing. If you are not, then you will find out. If you are, then you have proof.

That said, racism is never cool, nor is unwarranted anger. :thumbdown:

Last edited:
that's so unprofessional, just shouldve sucked it up and went with the procedure

check your ego at the door

Members don't see this ad :)
Update:

I called the school and spoke to another advisor and discovered that I was already registered by the previous one who I insulted. I checked online and indeed I was registered for all the courses I wanted - despite not having the grade equivalent forms completed.

Scenario A) She spoke to her supervisor, and the supervisor told her I was indeed correct about having completed my pre-reqs and registered me as she should have done.

Scenario B) She registered me so the school can proceed with IA - so now my question is: If I ignore the IA hearing, and just not show up, does it still go on my record? If I get a letter in the mail, I plan on just drop all those courses ASAP and just ignore the letter - which means they can't give me a formal IA as I didn't show up to defend myself correct?
Let me get this straight:

1) A woman does her job. You throw a tantrum like a 4-year-old. (Hey, guess what, I took O Chem 1 & 2 without Gen Chem! What seems obvious to you is not necessarily fact!)

2) You call the woman the #1 most inappropriate racial slur available. The word that any civilized person in the US understands to be <<<NOT OK>>>. (Note that it is so sensitive that it has not even been used in this thread, despite the anonymity of this forum.)

3) You repeatedly refuse to take any responsibility for the situation, instead choosing to call the woman a bitch a couple more times.

4) You try to find a way to hide your ****ty behavior.

5) When that's not possible, you ask if sticking your head in the sand will make it go away!?!?

U.N.B.E.L.I.E.V.A.B.L.E

Your lack of concern for a) the registration lady, b) rules, c) good taste, and d) doing things right makes me sick. I cannot fathom being so dense and self-centered, and I cannot believe that you might possibly be allowed to be responsible for people's lives.

Grow up and take some responsibility for your hurtful, childish behavior.

I haven't even started taking class yet - and I'm asking the school *IF* they plan on taking IA against me - without giving them the idea to do so.

...I don't think you understand. You talk to the conduct office and ask for a letter stating that you are in good standing with the university, citing the potential of needing one. At that point they will say, "YA LOL OK!" or they will say, "UH WAIT RIGHT HYAH YOUSUH HAVE IA!" That way you A) get a letter that you won't need, or B) Find out you have IA to deal with. Option A will leave them none the wiser, and B lets you know if there's something on your file.

This university is the ONLY university that is close to home - other reputable schools I have to commute a long distance. I dont want to attend any CC.

Is there any way to ask the schools if they are going to take IA against me - without giving them the idea??

I guess then I'd probably commute a long distance, take courses at a CC, or take courses online for one semester and then go back to the university in question.

It is far more likely that situation A is closer to what happened than situation B. I doubt a school would go to such a concerted, unnecessary effort simply to screw you over via IA.

That being said, if you were to get IA in this case, it would be such an insurmountable obstacle to your application that I think it's still tremendously ill-advised to continue having anything to do with this institution.

And if the school does seek IA against you ignoring it won't make it go away. Same as court: people that don't show up don't get off. They lose by default.
:thumbup:. Also make sure you get anger management classes OP. Someone saying no to you leads to you calling them a racial slur? I wouldn't want you living on my block, let alone be my doctor.

Anyone else hoping he registers and they wait until after the drop date to initiate the IA? *fingers crossed* for racist jackass to destroy his career before he can gobble up a med school seat~

lol:laugh: too funny!

Let me get this straight:

1) A woman does her job. You throw a tantrum like a 4-year-old. (Hey, guess what, I took O Chem 1 & 2 without Gen Chem! What seems obvious to you is not necessarily fact!)

2) You call the woman the #1 most inappropriate racial slur available. The word that any civilized person in the US understands to be <<<NOT OK>>>. (Note that it is so sensitive that it has not even been used in this thread, despite the anonymity of this forum.)

3) You repeatedly refuse to take any responsibility for the situation, instead choosing to call the woman a bitch a couple more times.

4) You try to find a way to hide your ****ty behavior.

5) When that's not possible, you ask if sticking your head in the sand will make it go away!?!?

U.N.B.E.L.I.E.V.A.B.L.E

Your lack of concern for a) the registration lady, b) rules, c) good taste, and d) doing things right makes me sick. I cannot fathom being so dense and self-centered, and I cannot believe that you might possibly be allowed to be responsible for people's lives.

Grow up and take some responsibility for your hurtful, childish behavior.

:thumbup: My words exactly. He still has yet to take full responsibility of his actions. He is more concerned with 1) how to continue with enrollment and registration and 2) how to dodge IA, without even a simple apology. :nono:

Update:

I, like others here, am going to go out on a limb and assume you are not a troll, just incredibly stupid and ignorant.

Do you actually want to be a doctor?? If the answer is yes...then gtfo of town, run for the hills for the love of G-d!! Why would you ever risk something as important as your entire career on an a scenario such as this. Even if it was 50/50 for either A or B (which it's most likely not), is it really worth it? Is your entire fate as a premed dependent on you taking classes at this school? I'm gonna throw up a wild guess and say no. Accept the consequences of your actions and learn from them. Even if it means commuting an hour + each way to a different school, DO NOT step foot back on campus. Seriously, even if you apologize to this advisor and buy her a nice steak dinner, who's to say that 2 months down the line she is not going to see your smug face walking around campus and decide she really doesn't forgive you?

P.S. Did anyone else notice how the OP literally ignored post after post telling him not to register and waited for one person to semi-agree with him before making a decision. It sounds like you (OP) have already made up your mind and are just looking for some glimmer of assurance. Anyways, this kind of attitude/behavior will eventually come to bite you in the backside one day, even you get out of this one scott free.

Last edited:
1) I DID NOT register - I called another advisor and was informed the previous one already registered me (which I had no expect her to do so as I haven't handed in a course-equivalency form).

2) I know I am taking a risk, thats why I am looking for a way to ask the school if they are planning on IA me before I decide to actually step foot on campus.

So best case scenario they tell you that they're not going to. So what if they lied? So what if they changed their mind after finding out more info? The point is even if it's a 1% chance you will be given IA why risk the rest of your career?

EDIT: I doubt the school would actually go out of their way to screw you. But you never know? They are human you know?

1) I DID NOT register - I called another advisor and was informed the previous one already registered me (which I had no expect her to do so as I haven't handed in a course-equivalency form).

2) I know I am taking a risk, thats why I am looking for a way to ask the school if they are planning on IA me before I decide to actually step foot on campus.

Call the University of Omaha Nebraska campus and ask.

Call the University of Omaha Nebraska campus and ask.

inb4 a gunner sees this and personally calls the school to inform them of OP's behavior on this thread & his worthiness of an IA.

Here's the thing...you show no remorse whatsoever. You simply keep going back to the question of how to avoid an IA without going to another institution. You are completely missing the point! Are you seriously that dense?!?

Oh look... it's this thread again!

Oh_look__it_s_THIS_thread_again.jpg

Do not bother enrolling. You will face the consequences.

However, maybe medicine isn't the best thing for you. People of all races will piss you off everyday on the job.

*fixed in bold... you're playing with fire going into medicine without the ability to rid yourself of those inner thoughts (or at least censor them... which is still pretty bad).

EDIT:

Canadian roots.. tsk tsk

Perhaps OP could pretend that the word means something different in French Canadian slang? Ahhh nevermind...

Last edited:
I really hope I never meet this OP in person.....

I really hope I never meet this OP in person.....

Same here. I really would rather not work with someone like this in the hospital. I've been fortunate to have most of my colleagues be mature individuals. We don't need someone like this on the floor.

In before OP becomes a Gold-member to delete thread.

Between this and the community college thread, SDN has really been delivering this summer.

n00b question – what's IA stand for?

The OP just sent me a private message... pleading with me to delete my post where his racism and location has been quoted.

Unfortunately I don't resonate with racism... I may be a d-bag at times. But this... this is just ridiculous.

No OP, I will not reply to your message... I will not remove the quote. You've probably done this many times before... you've gotten away with walking all over people.

Guess what? This time isn't going to be one of those times. You may have just screwed up your life forever. I have seen too many racist bigots in my short time on this blue sphere... you're no exception. I sincerely hope you do not succeed in your future endeavors. I have zero tolerance for racism.

I don't care how well you worded your message to me. FredAstaire... you're running like a dog with its tail between your legs.

The OP just sent me a private message... pleading with me to delete my post where has been quoted.

Unfortunately I don't resonate with racism... I may be a d-bag at times. But this... this is just ridiculous.

No OP, I will not reply to your message... I will not remove the quote. You've probably done this many times before... you've gotten away with walking all over people.

Guess what? This time isn't going to be one of those times. You may have just screwed up your life forever. I have seen too many racist bigots in my short time on this blue sphere... you're no exception. I sincerely hope you do not succeed in your future endeavors. I have zero tolerance for racism.

I don't care how well you worded your message to me. FredAstaire... you're running like a dog with its tail between your legs.

I agree with you CodeBlu keep it up, racism is unacceptable PERIOD. If he says such things it fits of anger of tiny things imagine what happens when he works with patients.

Also IA = Institutional Action essentially it's the college equivalent of a suspension except you dont get suspended. They mark on your transcript that you did something wrong, say like being a racist pig. And that follows you where ever you go. Some are minor, some are major it depends.

I think we can all agree racism is not fitting of ANY health care professional.

Edit: btw this whole post has been archived on google - I'm looking at the screen shots of his location/post of what he did. So even if you delete it, doesn't make a difference anymore.

Last edited:
Canadian roots.. tsk tsk

well, OP could have been lying in his info section and stuff idk. I think you did the right thing in not removing the post because OP probably got away with something like this many times already and this is one of those times that he's not gonna get away with it.

Panic fades but stupid is forever.

lol so is anyone gonna call up the university?

just went through his posting history. shady character.

This is why I love quotes. You can edit your post if you want, but we'll still be able to see the crap you wrote.
I hope it does go on your record.

This is why I love quotes. You can edit your post if you want, but we'll still be able to see the crap you wrote.
I hope it does go on your record.

Truth.. also, I wouldn't offhandedly know that 'Structure and Modeling' is the equivalent of Gen Chem 1.. and I took gen chem 1. I can't believe you freaked out like this for what is not-so-obvious at all.. I would recommend taking about 10 years off of school and then when you reach the maturity level of a normal 21 or 22 year old, then you should try to retake the courses.. maybe they will have forgotten about you by then.

The op's name fits him. He is able to tap dance around all his troubles.

This thread has long served it's purpose and is being closed.

As a reminder. While trolling is a terms of service violation, so is posting the personal information of other users without their consent. Please refrain from both.

Status
Not open for further replies.