Becoming a Dentist in Canada ,tough times

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

egycan

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It took me five years of very valuable time to finish the Canadian process of being a Dentist
I regret spending each and everyone of those minutes
I am a dentist now working part time in BC , I am very unhappy about the way things becoming in the Dental field here
no money very less patients and above all huge debt I HAVE TO PAY
does anyone here have the same situation ? I know other three dentists who did the same program whome are still looking for work
I was told by many people that Dentists in Canada makes over 200,000 $ a year , what a joke , I don't even make anything closer to 40,000 before taxes , I know Some Dental assistants that make more money than I do
:mad:
Dentistry in Canada is controlled by big business, they hire whoever they like , charge people huge money , pay us very little
does anyone here have similar circumstances

Members don't see this ad.

It took me five years of very valuable time to finish the Canadian process of being a Dentist
I am a dentist now working part time in BC , I am very unhappy about the way things becoming in the Dental field here
does anyone here have the same situation ? I know other three dentists who did the same program whome are still looking for work
I was told by many people that Dentists in Canada makes over 200,000 $ a year , what a joke , I don't even make anything closer to 40,000 before taxes , I know Some Dental assistants that make more money than I do
Dentistry in Canada is controlled by big business, they hire whoever they like , charge people huge money , pay us very little
I am sure it will get better egycan give it another year or so.I have seen many fresh graduates with the same dilemma but believe me they r all ok in a yr or two and like everythign else it requires persisitence and a lot of hard work yet again.don't give up hope.Have fun atleast u can practice here.

I have always been curious if despite how bad things can be, is it still better than back home?

If you guys don't mind me asking, how well do dentists in your home country do in terms of financial security?

Members don't see this ad :)
hi
i am thinking to try the Canadian permanent visa.
I am an Oral Surgeon for 12 years. Have a Msc and Phd.
At my country, I have been working in private pratice and teaching field.
I have a very good background in publication ( 18 papers at the medline).
I would say that I am doing around US$ 80,000.00 per year.
my question is,
should I give up everything here and try a new life in Canada???
not only about money but quality of life meaning??
I feel that I have done everything in my country and need something more to still get motivated with the profession.

hi
i am thinking to try the Canadian permanent visa.
I am an Oral Surgeon for 12 years. Have a Msc and Phd.
At my country, I have been working in private pratice and teaching field.
I have a very good background in publication ( 18 papers at the medline).
I would say that I am doing around US$ 80,000.00 per year.
my question is,
should I give up everything here and try a new life in Canada???
not only about money but quality of life meaning??
I feel that I have done everything in my country and need something more to still get motivated with the profession.

I see you're doing pretty well , good for you.
my advice: don't you ever think about Canada, it's extremely hard to get a license plus it doesn't pay back like US dentists. If you have a chance at the US go ahead, Canada nope :thumbdown:

I see you're doing pretty well , good for you.
my advice: don't you ever think about Canada, it's extremely hard to get a license plus it doesn't pay back like US dentists. If you have a chance at the US go ahead, Canada nope :thumbdown:

Thank you for your answer,
My questipn is, besides money wise, what about life quality??
i am not thinking about me but my two kids ( 3 and 9 years old).
Don't you think that in Canada the quality of life is much better than most of country??
Even the work quality??
Should I try to go to a graduate program or should i go to a international dentist certificate program??.

i was just goin through your previous posts , is there an advanced programme which lasts less than 2 years in canada ???

I was just wondering how is your life today compared to this post? :luck: