This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.


New Member
May 23, 2024
Reaction score
Hello fellow friends!

I am an internationally trained dentist (not trained in any country recognized by Canada or Australia) and did the International Dentist Program in Canada. (I am a Canadian citizen). I did receive my Canadian dental license, but since as an internationally trained dentist, through the equivalency process.

Since I received my Canadian dental license through the equivalency process, I was wondering if I could possibly practice dentistry in Australia without any exams?

I checked online and it said that there is a reciprocal agreement kind of thing between Canada and Australia, it’s just that I’m not very confident whether or not I could just register right away with the whole equivalency process thing rather than through an accredited program.

I greatly appreciate any related information!


Members don't see this ad.
  • Like
Reactions: 1 user
Not between canada and australia as far as i know.its between canada and New Zealand after equivalancy.