Questions about RadOnc vs Hem/Onc.

Started by ambiti0n
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ambiti0n

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
What are the average patient contact hours between the two?

What the average work hours and on call between the two?

Also I have more interest working in a children's hospital/facility.

**Also I am posting these questions in the Hem/Onc section, to get opinions from both sides.
 
I agree with Wag. If you're talking about avg time spent per pt, Rad Oncs would come out ahead though Med Oncs probably spend more time with pts overall.

Work hours are comparable but Rad Onc call is much less than Med Onc call.

Agree that if you want to do Peda Rad Onc then an academic career would be the most likely route.