Good idea to apply as a pharmacy intern while looking for job as rph?

Started by poda521
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

poda521

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Been 2 months since getting license and there are absolutely no job openings in Delaware right now. Can't transfer license since I'm a new grad and have no rph hours.

Getting desperate since new graduates will be on the job market in the next 2 months.

Im not immunization certified yet, took course Jan 11th and still waiting for the certificate to mail to BOP.

So would it be a good idea to apply as an intern right now with only a pharmacist license in hopes that after i get certified or hours open up...they'll switch me over to rph? im assuming that you don't need an intern license in my case.

anybody suggest anything better?
 
Been 2 months since getting license and there are absolutely no job openings in Delaware right now. Can't transfer license since I'm a new grad and have no rph hours.

Getting desperate since new graduates will be on the job market in the next 2 months.

Im not immunization certified yet, took course Jan 11th and still waiting for the certificate to mail to BOP.

So would it be a good idea to apply as an intern right now with only a pharmacist license in hopes that after i get certified or hours open up...they'll switch me over to rph? im assuming that you don't need an intern license in my case.

anybody suggest anything better?

No jobs at all in DE? That's disheartening. I thought there'd be jobs, as there's no pharmacy school here.
 
There were a few jobs but majority of them required experience already as a pharmacist, so that left me, as a new grad, SOL.

Only job opening that keeps popping up online is for Air Force pharmacist.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
There were a few jobs but majority of them required experience already as a pharmacist, so that left me, as a new grad, SOL.

Only job opening that keeps popping up online is for Air Force pharmacist.

I was quickly looking online the other day, and a hospital job in Seaford popped up. I applied, but I think they won't take me, as I haven't graduated yet.
 
are you only looking/applying online or are you actually contacting hospitals and such?

I had an interview with a hospital bout 2 weeks ago. There's only 2 hospitals in the area. This hospital had only 1 regular rph and 1 that only worked fridays and on-call weekends. i guess she was looking for someone who had experience that could handle managerial duties.

i expected as much since she was the only regular pharmacist who was looking for someone with experience to run things while she lessened her own hours.