2012-2013 University of Cincinnati Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone - if you have questions, post 'em. Note that I'm going into third year, thus haven't experienced the curriculum you will be facing, so I may not be able to satisfactorily answer questions along those lines. I'm sure some 2015ers will show up though, they're done with finals so they probably have nothing better to do.

Anyway, good luck!

Just popping in to join in the conversation, will probably just lurk.

Spouse is the one applying, but I do most of the lurking here so he can spend time on the important stuff (like actually filling out the application). Right now Cinci is in his top three. WSU is second (but they don't take many out-of-state applicants as I understand it). Calgary is his top choice but it's also the long shot (Canadian admissions are hard- especially for nontrad students).

Subscribed, then scribbling my name on the thread.

Not applying this year, but taking biochemistry at the med school- lucky to get to test drive it before my application year! Excited to get everyone's perspectives.

Submitted my primaries. Woot woot! I applied here last year but I don't remember what the secondary was. Rather than dig through my emails and word docs does anyone know off the top of their heads?

Submitted my primaries. Woot woot! I applied here last year but I don't remember what the secondary was. Rather than dig through my emails and word docs does anyone know off the top of their heads?

I don't think there are any other UC-specific essays....

If you are currently NOT enrolled in a degree granting program, please briefly describe your major activities since you received your college degree. (750 characters)

but that's pretty limited haha

Members don't see this ad :)
If you are currently NOT enrolled in a degree granting program, please briefly describe your major activities since you received your college degree. (750 characters)

but that's pretty limited haha

Oooo I remember that one now! :idea::thumbup: That's not bad. :)

So trad students don't have an essay to write for this at all?

Heck of a deal

I'm an undergrad, 4th year and in their SNE program. Do you think the fact that I was accepted into a program of theirs carries any heft?

Anyone else having trouble creating an account? I keep getting an error saying "IdM: manual matching required"

Anyone else having trouble creating an account? I keep getting an error saying "IdM: manual matching required"

I didn't have a problem making an account, but I can't start my application. I go to Program Selection and nothing comes up...

Any reapplicants having trouble redoing the secondary? Just gives me the information from last year, no option to complete a new secondary

Any reapplicants having trouble redoing the secondary? Just gives me the information from last year, no option to complete a new secondary

I'm having the same problem. Think we should call or email them?

I just received the secondary email.. I have to create a new account on their website. It asks for my social security number, but the website is not secure (not https).

Is anyone else a concerned about this? This is the first secondary that I received that doesn't use a secure connection.

This whole Uc!mmddyyyy password isn't working...

Ah nevermind, it works on the real login page.

I didn't have a problem making an account, but I can't start my application. I go to Program Selection and nothing comes up...

Same here.

I just called Admissions and no one answered. I left a voicemail, if I hear back, I'll post.

Seems fixed.

I just received the secondary email.. I have to create a new account on their website. It asks for my social security number, but the website is not secure (not https).

Is anyone else a concerned about this? This is the first secondary that I received that doesn't use a secure connection.

I noticed this as well and have the same concern, I thought it may have possibly been a scam but since most others received secondaries I'm assuming it's legit?

Anyone else have concerns about this?

My AMCAS isn't even reviewed yet but I received secondary invite. Is this normal and how does this work?

Can't submit payment.

I noticed this as well and have the same concern, I thought it may have possibly been a scam but since most others received secondaries I'm assuming it's legit?

lol seriously?

My AMCAS isn't even reviewed yet but I received secondary invite. Is this normal and how does this work?

same thing happened to me. I think its normal but I also like to know if there is a point in submitting my secondary before my primary is reviewed. I am on the waitlist for another school and i love to postpone any $$ spending. :xf::xf:

I received the secondary this morning but my primary hasn't even been verified yet? Anyone else? Seems weird.

Edit: nevermind...guess it's normal.

This happened to me when I applied last year at multiple schools. I don't know how it works though.

For the following question:

If you are NOT currently enrolled in a degree granting program, please briefly describe your major activities not listed on AMCAS.

Any idea of what we are suppose to do if all major activities are already listed on AMCAS?

I just re-iterated what I'm doing during my gap year.

Application submitted! Sucks that we had to include our traffic violations as I'm a bit of a speed demon lol

Payment working now. Submitted.

I can log on to my application manager but it won't let me select a program. Any way around it?

I submitted my application and payment, but the status still reads incomplete. I have all my MCATs and letters and AMCAS is verified. Anyone else having this issues?
Edit: Just kidding, it was delayed in updating

I realize that it's legit, but I'm not just not quite comfortable sending my social through an unsecured connection.. ah whatever..

I realize that it's legit, but I'm not just not quite comfortable sending my social through an unsecured connection.. ah whatever..

I called them and they fixed the problem, it should be secure now!

Status
Not open for further replies.