Radiology for Step 1

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

sanityonleave

Adrenaline Junkie
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a recommendation as far as a good high yield radiology for Step 1? I'm only a few days away from my exam, so I'm not looking for anything comprehensive -- just something I can glance through once or twice for some good radio path images.

Thanks in advance for the help, and I apologize if this has been asked/answered before -- you'd be surprised how hard it is to find anything useful searching for "radiology and step 1", :smuggrin:.

Members don't see this ad.

Know the radiology that's in FA, first and foremost. Be familiar with the actual images FA has, and Google all the other pathognomonic radiological findings mentioned. It would probably be worth your while to skim through the radiology images in your school-assigned anatomy book. For example, Moore's has blue pages with clinical correlates, which have a lot of the classical images.

Three things will be worth your while:
1. Layout of the abdominal cavity on CT. Know the approximate position of the organs, as you'll likely get penetrating trauma, organomegaly, situs inversus, etc. questions.
2. Contrast-enhanced GI vasculature. Know what branches of celiac, superior mesenteric, and inferior mesenteric arteries look like on an arteriogram, what gets affected when a branch is occluded, and which branches have sparing anastomoses.
3. Intracranial pathology on CT/MRI. You're guaranteed to see images of neuroanatomy and neuropathology. The anatomy on my step 1 exam consisted of little else. Know the main structures on CT/MRI slices, know what epidural/subdural/subarachnoid bleeds look like, and know what all the pathology in FA neuro chapter looks like, including Parkinson's, Huntington's, Alzheimer's, etc.

Reactions: 1 user
Know the radiology that's in FA, first and foremost. Be familiar with the actual images FA has, and Google all the other pathognomonic radiological findings mentioned. It would probably be worth your while to skim through the radiology images in your school-assigned anatomy book. For example, Moore's has blue pages with clinical correlates, which have a lot of the classical images.

1. Layout of the abdominal cavity on CT. Know the approximate position of the organs, as you'll likely get penetrating trauma, organomegaly, situs inversus, etc. questions.
2. Contrast-enhanced GI vasculature. Know what branches of celiac, superior mesenteric, and inferior mesenteric arteries look like on an arteriogram, what gets affected when a branch is occluded, and which branches have sparing anastomoses.
3. Intracranial pathology on CT/MRI. You're guaranteed to see images of neuroanatomy and neuropathology. The anatomy on my step 1 exam consisted of little else. Know the main structures on CT/MRI slices, know what epidural/subdural/subarachnoid bleeds look like, and know what all the pathology in FA neuro chapter looks like, including Parkinson's, Huntington's, Alzheimer's, etc.

great post. thanks for this

:thumbup::thumbup:

Members don't see this ad :)
I've been using Wayne State radiology website recently. I find it very interactive and helpful.