LMAO! Snapped a photo of this guy in my class.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Lunasly

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I can't believe I forgot to post this, but there is this guy in my Orgo class who wore this lab coat to lab every single time this semester. The prof. laughed at him about it, but this guy thought he was just joking and continued to wear it. :laugh:

34zwxz8.jpg

I did not photoshop this and this is actually not a joke. He is actually very serious and tells people in the lab that his goals are to be the head of surgery.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I can't believe I forgot to post this, but there is this guy in my Orgo class who wore this lab coat to lab every single time this semester. The prof. laughed at him about it, but this guy thought he was just joking and continued to wear it. :laugh:

34zwxz8.jpg

Nice coat. :laugh:

did he really write MD PhD on his coat, or did you photoshop that in?Regardless this is just brilliant
:smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol this is clearly a joke... and its pretty funny. Props to the guy.

I did not photoshop this and this is actually not a joke. He is actually very serious and tells people in the lab that his goals are to be the head of surgery.

well i guess it's always good to have goals, right? :rolleyes:

Ah with the direction his GPA is moving towards... :smuggrin:
well isn't that unfortunate. I thought people who were that serious would probably have the highest GPAs. At least, it seemed that way in HS...

I call bs, there's no way someone would do that and be serious about it. It's okay OP, you don't have to hype your post up with a fabricated story, the picture is funny enough.

I call bs, there's no way someone would do that and be serious about it. It's okay OP, you don't have to hype your post up with a fabricated story, the picture is funny enough.

You need to meet more people.

Think what you want. It's real. :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Exactly. This is a joke. I don't buy for a second the idea that this guy is in any way serious.

Anything and everything happens in the pre-Med world. You would be very surprised at what extent some people go to show how "pre-med" they are.

Sent from my VM670 using SDN Mobile

The really scary thing is that he might be the next head of surgery. :|

With the amount of time that seems was put in to "making" his coat, he's either in a fantasy world or completely joking. Either way, it's quite comical. There's a premed I knew while still in school that had a coat embroided with "his last name, Pre-Med". He wore it ALL the time, and would post pictures he took of himself wearing it in the science hall bathrooms on fb......

The really scary thing is that he might be the next head of surgery. :|

Anyone remember that high school student that posted saying he would go to MIT for undergrad, then HMS, then neurosurg and everyone laughed at him? I think I recall us finding out 8-9 years later that he had actually gone to MIT and HMS and was applying to neurosurg or something. It was actually pretty incredible to see someone call out what they want to do and then go out and achieve it.

With the amount of time that seems was put in to "making" his coat, he's either in a fantasy world or completely joking. Either way, it's quite comical. There's a premed I knew while still in school that had a coat embroided with "his last name, Pre-Med". He wore it ALL the time, and would post pictures he took of himself wearing it in the science hall bathrooms on fb......

Multiple faces need to be palmed. I fortunately haven't run into any people of these sorts the last four years. Though I did know one individual that was just wayyy too arrogant for our program, but thought they were a "for-sure" thing on getting in (using gender-neutral pronouns on purpose). We are by far no Ivy league in regards to numbers, but we foster an incredible atmosphere and student body. Ultimately accepted to nowhere but an island school, probably on account of the attitude... :laugh:

Anyone remember that high school student that posted saying he would go to MIT for undergrad, then HMS, then neurosurg and everyone laughed at him? I think I recall us finding out 8-9 years later that he had actually gone to MIT and HMS and was applying to neurosurg or something. It was actually pretty incredible to see someone call out what they want to do and then go out and achieve it.

Sounds like Babe Ruth's called shot.

And that's ridiculous. I never pictured an "MD/PhD" pursuing a chief of surgery position :laugh:

Anyone remember that high school student that posted saying he would go to MIT for undergrad, then HMS, then neurosurg and everyone laughed at him? I think I recall us finding out 8-9 years later that he had actually gone to MIT and HMS and was applying to neurosurg or something. It was actually pretty incredible to see someone call out what they want to do and then go out and achieve it.[/QUOTE]

1. Babe Ruth

2. How do we know this guy isn't actually the head of surgery at a hospital? Maybe he's going back and taking a few classes to finish up a second undergrad degree. Don't judge.

Anyone remember that high school student that posted saying he would go to MIT for undergrad, then HMS, then neurosurg and everyone laughed at him? I think I recall us finding out 8-9 years later that he had actually gone to MIT and HMS and was applying to neurosurg or something. It was actually pretty incredible to see someone call out what they want to do and then go out and achieve it.[/QUOTE]

1. Babe Ruth

2. How do we know this guy isn't actually the head of surgery at a hospital? Maybe he's going back and taking a few classes to finish up a second undergrad degree. Don't judge.
Even though I know it's ridiculous to reply, I'm going to.

If he were truly a physician, regardless if he's the "Chief of Surgery," his whitecoat would be embroidered. The MD, PhD comes after the name not above it. He's probably have his organizations logo either on one of the breasts or the arm.

If he were truly a physician, regardless if he's the "Chief of Surgery," his whitecoat would be embroidered. The MD, PhD comes after the name not above it. He's probably have his organizations logo either on one of the breasts or the arm.

And even if he was the chairman of the department of surgery, writing it on his lab coat would make him a double douche. That being said, I think the poster was being humorous.

I guess this tangent is worth exploring. So...

What if the hospital, per their policy, washes all white coats in order to avoid the spread of potentially harmful bacteria? When the doc leaves the hospital, he heads to his evening Organic Chemistry I Laboratory. He has his own personal white coat in the back of his BMW that he hastily marked with his credentials (MD/PhD and Chief of Surgery). He's a badass so he didn't worry about embroidering or placement. And since it's his personal coat he wasn't able to use the hospital's logo.

Tell the dude on the left to shave. He looks Amish with that beard.

This is actually a good idea. Why do you honestly think he's serious about it? It's obviously a joke to him and your professor. You're the only one who takes it seriously :thumbup:

This thread failed to deliver

Omg! Today while watching men in black, some guy was wearing a lab coat. Omg he looked like a freshman in college and god he looked like such a douche. Who the freak wears a white coat to a movie?

I know multiple people who wear suits to class all day (no particular reason to, job-wise), and their reasoning is that the attire makes them who more motivated and confident as to who/what they want to be in the future (I have a lot of business major friends).

I guess that reasoning would fail if I decided I want to become a professional wrestler :D

OP you and your professor are getting trolled...

stop hating let him have his fun. :)

Oh yeah, I remember this thread...I wonder what happened to the guy?

I've known kids that were that arrogant/delusional. Not convinced of troll

This guy is a badass.

i knew a kid like this. needless to say, he was ostracized by everyone. TA pretty much docked him a letter grade for being a tool

i knew a kid like this. needless to say, he was ostracized by everyone. TA pretty much docked him a letter grade for being a tool
that seems totally unnecessary/uncalled for :lame:. I mean they look like jackasses anyway but if they aren't hurting anyone/doing the work, why punish them? that's really harsh and unfair.

that seems totally unnecessary/uncalled for :lame:. I mean they look like jackasses anyway but if they aren't hurting anyone/doing the work, why punish them? that's really harsh and unfair.

I think it was the gunner attitude in lab which made it miserable for the rest of us. This kid whined and begged to get into our special lab section and completely ruined several experiments( one of mine included). I know I wanted to break a beaker over his head a few times when he cut ppl off in discussion or hid/hogged things

I think it was the gunner attitude in lab which made it miserable for the rest of us. This kid whined and begged to get into our special lab section and completely ruined several experiments( one of mine included). I know I wanted to break a beaker over his head a few times when he cut ppl off in discussion or hid/hogged things
oh, you might have mentioned this beforehand :oops:. He sounds like a complete toolbag...

Lol mighta been in the annoying things premeds do/say thread.
oh yeah, i remember that thread. I'm honestly surprised that the thread isn't as popular as it should be, considering the crap i hear pre-meds do.

oh yeah, i remember that thread. I'm honestly surprised that the thread isn't as popular as it should be, considering the crap i hear pre-meds do.

It's application season. We need to bump it lol