Step I NEW 2011 Step 1 Score Distribution and Percentiles - REAL DATA

Started by usmleq
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

usmleq

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I saw this thread ( http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=839226 ) and figured I'd do it with the 2011 data.

2011usmlematchdata.jpg


Data is from: http://www.nrmp.org/data/chartingoutcomes2011.pdf
 
Percentiles?

For those who don't feel like calculating the percentiles on their own, I made a list. As a heads up, these percentiles are for each range -- given the way the data is broken down, you can't break it down within a certain range of scores (without assuming the data is normal, which it isn't). Practically speaking, this means that each percentile is actually for the lowest score in that range.

260+ -- 97.9
251-260 -- 92.0
241-250 -- 81.6
231-240 -- 67.2
221-230 -- 51.4
211-220 -- 36.5
201-210 -- 21.9
191-200 -- 8.7
181-190 -- 0.92

Also, I'm not the greatest at stats, so if someone sees a problem with my numbers definitely let me know.