Retail pharmacy: How I feel when I see the new grads walk in

Started by ethyl
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ethyl

Go suck on a Zoloft.
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
WZnCW.jpg
 
Yep, that's one of the main reasons I did a residency. Hopefully I never have to work retail ever again.
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
May you all find good stores.. good luck to you all. Especially once your honeymoon period ends after your first few paychecks and flu shots start in September.

The honeymoon period is over after the first day when they float you to the ****tiest store in the district, 50 miles one way from your home and leave you two techs short and a trainee cashier with no overlap.

It does not take long for reality to come up and take a big 'ole juicy bite out of your ass. Then you have to come back for the second day and realize this is what you will be doing for the next 40 years because you went 180k into debt at a new diploma mill school and you do not see how you will make it the rest of the week let alone 40 years.

Welcome to the real world new grads....good luck.
 
The honeymoon period is over after the first day when they float you to the ****tiest store in the district, 50 miles one way from your home and leave you two techs short and a trainee cashier with no overlap.

It does not take long for reality to come up and take a big 'ole juicy bite out of your ass. Then you have to come back for the second day and realize this is what you will be doing for the next 40 years because you went 180k into debt at a new diploma mill school and you do not see how you will make it the rest of the week let alone 40 years.

Welcome to the real world new grads....good luck.

Just never gets old for you, does it?
 
The honeymoon period is over after the first day when they float you to the ****tiest store in the district, 50 miles one way from your home and leave you two techs short and a trainee cashier with no overlap.

It does not take long for reality to come up and take a big 'ole juicy bite out of your ass. Then you have to come back for the second day and realize this is what you will be doing for the next 40 years because you went 180k into debt at a new diploma mill school and you do not see how you will make it the rest of the week let alone 40 years.

Welcome to the real world new grads....good luck.

👍
 
Agreed! I remember working with a very motivated and ambitious grad intern once and it was so refreshing. I remember I was like when I first started. It's amazing how much only 5 years of retail can change your outlook on your career. I don't want to know what I'll be like in 20! :laugh: