Drexel MSP 2013-2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Drlife

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hope all is well! Is any one attending the drexel MSP program in 2013-2014 year? Also, if prior students could weigh in on their experience, I'm sure all of us would greatly appreciate it!

Cheers!

Members don't see this ad.

Hope all is well! Is any one attending the drexel MSP program in 2013-2014 year? Also, if prior students could weigh in on their experience, I'm sure all of us would greatly appreciate it!

Cheers!

Check in last year's Drexel MSP thread under Postbaccalaureate Programs and you will see a lot of what I shared about my experience. If that info does not answer a question you have, feel free to ask here. I am currently in the 2nd year MBS program so if you have any questions about that feel free to ask also.

I'm in the Drexel MSP for 2013-2014! anyone else?

Members don't see this ad :)
Me too! Have you heard anything about the program? Level of Difficulty? How many students are admitted to medical school? I'm looking forward to it!

I am wanting to apply but I'm not sure how competitive it is to get accepted. Does anyone know?

I am wanting to apply but I'm not sure how competitive it is to get accepted. Does anyone know?

I'm not sure if they have the numbers on that because if you apply for MSP, but they feel you are better suited for IMS or IHS, they will forward your application to that program and then you will go thru the application process. So basically, everyone who originally applies to MSP doesn't necessarily end up applying to MSP.

I'm not sure if they have the numbers on that because if you apply for MSP, but they feel you are better suited for IMS or IHS, they will forward your application to that program and then you will go thru the application process. So basically, everyone who originally applies to MSP doesn't necessarily end up applying to MSP.

Do you know if applying to MSP and DPMS puts you at a disadvantage for being accepted into DPMS?

Hi!

I was accepted into the MSP program, but I had hoped to be in medical school for the 2014 cycle. Does anyone know if this is possible with the MSP program, or do you have to wait an extra year?

Do you know if applying to MSP and DPMS puts you at a disadvantage for being accepted into DPMS?

Usually if you are not accepted to the program you apply to, they will tell you which program suits you best. So chances are you may not even need to apply to MSP separately. However, I would call the office and ask them to be sure.

Hi!

I was accepted into the MSP program, but I had hoped to be in medical school for the 2014 cycle. Does anyone know if this is possible with the MSP program, or do you have to wait an extra year?

I know one person who did that, but typically if you are doing MSP, there is something in your application that needs to be fixed. So most people apply the year after starting MSP. Do you feel you have the gpa and mcat to get accepted by applying this year? And if so, why waste money on MSP?

I was wondering how long it took for you to hear back from Drexel? I applied about three weeks ago. I've looked around on some past threads and it seems like there are mixed feelings about doing this program, for me I'm not sure if I could raise my MCAT significantly on my own so I feel like this is my best option, but on the other hand it is also putting me more in debt. Anyone else's thoughts on this?

why not invest 2K in an mcat prep course? it depends on you. for me, the mcat is about practice, practice, and more practice. just do as many tests as you can. i'd think about the Princeton review online course that gives me access to tests & question banks (I don't know specifics about what they offer - I just mentioned tpr because I like their materials).

why not invest 2K in an mcat prep course? it depends on you. for me, the mcat is about practice, practice, and more practice. just do as many tests as you can. i'd think about the Princeton review online course that gives me access to tests & question banks (I don't know specifics about what they offer - I just mentioned tpr because I like their materials).

I agree with this. You would be taking a Princeton Review course in MSP anyway. MSP is a great program, but if all you need is to improve your
mcat score, why go $30-40,000 in debt when you could just take a mcat course on your own? Plus, with the rigor of the MSP curriculum, you will have less time to put into mcat studies than if you did a mcat course on your own.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm looking for a roommate in the program or in another post-bacc program. I'm looking for places around spring garden. Does anyone know if there is a facebook group or some website that I can find a roommate for "off campus housing"?

Hi everyone. I'm currently in MSP at Drexel. I would recommend the program for students who are really looking for significant increases in MCAT scores. If you're looking for help with both your GPA and MCATs, just be careful. This is a very difficult program (and I'm saying this as someone who graduated with a 3.8 biology degree in college), but it will prepare you for the MCAT. The spring semester is the most difficult. We are almost done here, but we have had multiple tests every week since January and when you are balancing graduate anatomy and graduate physio with o chem and physics, you better believe I'm not looking forward to finals week. Not going to lie, I actually hate it, but it does what it says it is supposed to. So far, my MCAT scores have gone up 5 points (most especially gains in the physical sciences) and I expect to reach my goal score by my test day. If you have any questions about the program, let me know!

Just got accepted to 2013-2014 and will be attending! is there a fb group or something?

Just got in to the program today. I am trying to decided between this program and one other. Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is to medical school?

Just got in to the program today. I am trying to decided between this program and one other. Does anyone know what the acceptance rate is to medical school?

Straight out of the MSP program is around 70%...a majority of the students enter the second year MBS program where the acceptance rate out of that is 90%

Straight out of the MSP program is around 70%...a majority of the students enter the second year MBS program where the acceptance rate out of that is 90%

those numbers sound like the success rate for Drexel IMS. forgive me for not knowing too much about MSP, but IMS is sort of like the next step up to MSP (since good performance in MSP guarantees entry into IMS). I say sort of because it's really comparing apples and oranges. I'm surprised MSP has a success rate similar to IMS. Maybe it's a lot of people with higher GPAs, low MCAT, who need the intensive MCAT prep and then they are good.

those numbers sound like the success rate for Drexel IMS. forgive me for not knowing too much about MSP, but IMS is sort of like the next step up to MSP (since good performance in MSP guarantees entry into IMS). I say sort of because it's really comparing apples and oranges. I'm surprised MSP has a success rate similar to IMS. Maybe it's a lot of people with higher GPAs, low MCAT, who need the intensive MCAT prep and then they are good.

I just had my interview a week ago and those are the numbers they gave me...

Hi! I just completed the MSP program. I can answer any questions you may have.

I also am selling most of the textbooks I used this year and was wondering if anyone wanted to buy them off me. Message me if you're interested in the textbooks and with any questions you might have! It's a great program, congrats to everyone who was accepted!

Hello everyone,

I was just invited to an interview today. Does anybody have any tips for the interview? What kind of questions do they ask and is it phone or in person?

Thanks

Got the call that I'm accepted into the program!!

Hey. Did you feel ready to apply to med school this cycle? After MSP?

I got interview invitation! It is scheduled on Thursday,,, any comments on how to prepare for it and what questions are being asked would be highly appreciated!

Is it required to take the GREs and MCATs in order to apply for Drexel MSP???

Hey all,

My name is Savannah and I'm going to be a first year at Temple Med this year and am currently looking for a roommate for my townhouse in East Falls, which is right by Drexel's med campus. If you are at all interested PM me!

for people accepted. for my understanding if you meet the requirements you are automatically accepted into drexel med in the fall?

i wish i would have known. I guess its too late to apply for this fall.

Students who finish the MSP program with a specific gpa and MCAT may choose to enter the MBS program the following year. Some seats for Drexel med are saved for students of the MBS program along with another program. Students with a specific gpa and mcat in those programs are given an interview, but there is no guarantee of acceptance into Drexel med.

Students who finish the MSP program with a specific gpa and MCAT may choose to enter the MBS program the following year. Some seats for Drexel med are saved for students of the MBS program along with another program. Students with a specific gpa and mcat in those programs are given an interview, but there is no guarantee of acceptance into Drexel med.

are they any stats of how many students at DPMS enter into the MD in fall at Drexel?

Hey, I was wondering if anyone could tell me of the different loan options available to students. I called the financial aid office and they told me I would not be eligible for federal aid due to MSP being a certificate program. What type of loans did you all use/planning to use? I'm trying to avoid private loans at ALL costs! Thanks!

Hey, I know this thread is old but is anyone selling their books? I am entering MSP this fall. Or if anyone knows someone who is, send them my way, please. Thanks :)