You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
2025-2026 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)
Started by LovelyPremed
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
most average medstudent
New Member
Does anyone know How many students (out of the total cohort) made GPA/MCAT contract? How many succesfully appealed?
From what I heard cohort was 55, 10 dropped in fall, so 45 should be left
From what I heard cohort was 55, 10 dropped in fall, so 45 should be left
No way to know how many successfully appealed at this time. Appeal decisions won't be given until the end of May.Does anyone know How many students (out of the total cohort) made GPA/MCAT contract? How many succesfully appealed?
From what I heard cohort was 55, 10 dropped in fall, so 45 should be left
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
hadassah_04
Full Member
hey everyone I never ended up applying to DPMS but wanted to say I got accepted to my one of my dream med schools earlier this year! Patience is key so don't give up. I really thought I won't get accepted but things ended up working out my way! Wishing you guys all the best on this; it seems like a tough program and I've heard from friends from the current DPMS cohort that they're appealing actually. Although I also don't know the numbers of who is going to appeal and who is going to get accepted. Praying for all of you guys. you guys will all get that chance to shine as a physician!
hadassah_04
Full Member
my friend in the program told me that the previous year class had around 13-15 appeals and only 3-4 of them got approved. I heard they maybe more lenient this year given the higher MCAT/GPA cutoffNo way to know how many successfully appealed at this time. Appeal decisions won't be given until the end of May.
I attended an information session. From what I understood is that they won't be "more lenient" because GPA and MCAT score are higher. They are pretty clear on what you need to get to matriculate into the med school. They mentioned that the summer session is relatively "easy" so it can provide you with a cushion in case you get a low GPA during the fall.my friend in the program told me that the previous year class had around 13-15 appeals and only 3-4 of them got approved. I heard they maybe more lenient this year given the higher MCAT/GPA cutoff
Also, the reason why the appeal rate is low is because you have to have a legit reason on why you got a low GPA/MCAT. You can't go up to them after an exam or after grades are out for an appeal. The reasons have to be known to the faculty before exams.
For anyone comfortable sharing, do you have a sense of how many students are on track to meet contract without needing to appeal? Totally understand if it’s just a rough guess or secondhand info. I’m just trying to get a sense of how things are going with the new requirements.
I'm not sure but based on reading previous year's thread, its anywhere from 10-20 depending on the cohort. Some cohorts have 50 people and 10 don't make it, other cohorts have 65 people and 20 don't make it. It's different from year-to-year and person-to-peron.For anyone comfortable sharing, do you have a sense of how many students are on track to meet contract without needing to appeal? Totally understand if it’s just a rough guess or secondhand info. I’m just trying to get a sense of how things are going with the new requirements.
But one common theme is that the program is rigorous and as long as you put in the work you should be fine. From speaking to students who are currently in the program (spoke to them during my interview) and from reading previous threads, you have to take the program as a full time job, meaning you have to be willing to study anywhere from 8-10 hours a day. As long as you prepare yourself mentally and are willing to put in the work, you should be fine.
mathbiology
New Member
if you dont mind me asking, when was ur interview? and when did you get the invite? hope it went well!I'm not sure but based on reading previous year's thread, its anywhere from 10-20 depending on the cohort. Some cohorts have 50 people and 10 don't make it, other cohorts have 65 people and 20 don't make it. It's different from year-to-year and person-to-peron.
But one common theme is that the program is rigorous and as long as you put in the work you should be fine. From speaking to students who are currently in the program (spoke to them during my interview) and from reading previous threads, you have to take the program as a full time job, meaning you have to be willing to study anywhere from 8-10 hours a day. As long as you prepare yourself mentally and are willing to put in the work, you should be fine.
Pretty much this is what we've been hearing from various sources in the program concerning leniency. Summer session provides cushioning and there's some more during the spring semester to help you further.I attended an information session. From what I understood is that they won't be "more lenient" because GPA and MCAT score are higher. They are pretty clear on what you need to get to matriculate into the med school. They mentioned that the summer session is relatively "easy" so it can provide you with a cushion in case you get a low GPA during the fall.
Also, the reason why the appeal rate is low is because you have to have a legit reason on why you got a low GPA/MCAT. You can't go up to them after an exam or after grades are out for an appeal. The reasons have to be known to the faculty before exams.
Interview was on 4/21. Invited on 4/18. Still haven't heard back.if you dont mind me asking, when was ur interview? and when did you get the invite? hope it went well!
Not sure, from my batch, 4 people got accepted from what i know since they wrote on this forum. I'm still waiting. Hoping for the best.Does anyone have information on how the interview scoring works, I think I may have messed up on 1 question, does that make it a rejection?Also if anyone knows how many they accept each batch of interviews?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Not sure, they are still doing interviews. When was your interview?Do we know when they will send out their last batch of acceptances?
Wishing you the best! When did they hear back?Not sure, from my batch, 4 people got accepted from what i know since they wrote on this forum. I'm still waiting. Hoping for the best.
exactly a week from the interview.Wishing you the best! When did they hear back?
I submitted in the October but my application was considered complete in the first week of November because I was waiting for letters of recommendations to be sent.i submitted last week of march and am still under review
Not sure. Don't think that's public information.Do we know how often they meet to review the post interview applicants? I heard they review all apps during this time, even if you were interviewed earlier. Or is this something they do right after the interviews.
Not sure. Timeline has been different from last year. Everyone is still in the race until we get the R.Do we know when they will send out their last batch of acceptances?
mathbiology
New Member
im losing my mind here. i reached out to ask about my application status and if/when we can expect interview invitations. they replied with literally a sc of the admissions timeline on the dpms website. so...not really helpful lol
when did your app go under review?im losing my mind here. i reached out to ask about my application status and if/when we can expect interview invitations. they replied with literally a sc of the admissions timeline on the dpms website. so...not really helpful lol
mathbiology
New Member
submitted 3/31 but my final letter got in 4/10 so i assume 4/10when did your app go under review?
yeah mine was around the same. still have been under review since then with no update to the app getting discouraged now seeing all the interviews but hoping there is a second batch of them being sent outsubmitted 3/31 but my final letter got in 4/10 so i assume 4/10
mathbiology
New Member
fr im lowk beginning to lose hope ugh. and their vague responses dont help. im assuming next week might be the last for interview invites so ig all there is to do now is to wait and prayyeah mine was around the same. still have been under review since then with no update to the app getting discouraged now seeing all the interviews but hoping there is a second batch of them being sent out
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looks like it.Pretty much this is what we've been hearing from various sources in the program concerning leniency. Summer session provides cushioning and there's some more during the spring semester to help you further.
I had just taken the CASPer when I got accepted, so I don’t think so.Does anyone know if they need to receive
your CASPer results before final decisions are made on applications ?
No they don't, I asked!Does anyone know if they need to receive
your CASPer results before final decisions are made on applications ?
I don’t think that’s necessarily the case. From what I’ve seen they started interviewing 4/14. So if they’re conducting interviews on a weekly basis from then to next week, and only immediately accepting 4-5 applicants from each interview group within that week, that’s only about 30 spots. It seems like DPMS takes about 70ish students each cohort. So there will likely be a reevaluation of some candidates already interviewed closer to end of May/early June. Which does make sense with the time line they’ve provided us. At least I’m hoping!! Here’s to hopingThere have been some acceptances with people who interviewed on the same day I interviewed but I haven't received an acceptance. Does that mean I'll get the R?
I believe the first interview invite was sent on 3/5 based on previous posts on this threadI don’t think that’s necessarily the case. From what I’ve seen they started interviewing 4/14. So if they’re conducting interviews on a weekly basis from then to next week, and only immediately accepting 4-5 applicants from each interview group within that week, that’s only about 30 spots. It seems like DPMS takes about 70ish students each cohort. So there will likely be a reevaluation of some candidates already interviewed closer to end of May/early June. Which does make sense with the time line they’ve provided us. At least I’m hoping!! Here’s to hoping
Hi everyone! Congrats on those who were accepted 🙂 I am an OOS student and was wondering if anyone (admitted students or alumni of DPSM) have any information about housing for the sunmer term. I was also wondering if there is an admitted students Facebook or GroupMe. Thanks
For the summer, you'll be provided housing at one of the dorms. It was millenium hall last year. This housing only lasts for the summer term and you can ask for extension as needed but they expect you to find your own housing before the fall term. During the summer, our TAs had an information session on housing options going over things like pricing, distance from the health sciences building, among other general tips for helping you decide where you'd like to live.Hi everyone! Congrats on those who were accepted 🙂 I am an OOS student and was wondering if anyone (admitted students or alumni of DPSM) have any information about housing for the sunmer term. I was also wondering if there is an admitted students Facebook or GroupMe. Thanks
onechanceplz
New Member
Any new invites or acceptances?? Do we even know how many people they've already accepted? Or if they will be reviewing more applications?
onechanceplz
New Member
Do you get an email for the acceptance or is it just on the portal?
hockeydoc666
New Member
Hello, If there is any alum from the recent years that can answer couple of questions about being on the track for retake of the MCAT:
1. What was the prep course like?
2. Do you receive a grade for the prep course other than your MCAT?
3. What days and times did the prep course take place or was it self paced?
4. Did you end up using outside material or just the course alone?
5. Do you feel the course helped you meet the score requirement?
Thank you!
1. What was the prep course like?
2. Do you receive a grade for the prep course other than your MCAT?
3. What days and times did the prep course take place or was it self paced?
4. Did you end up using outside material or just the course alone?
5. Do you feel the course helped you meet the score requirement?
Thank you!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
1. It was a 3.5 hour session with a tutor for the various subjects covered on the MCAT. Basically, you'd join something akin to a zoom call they would go over topics related to the subject they were covering for the session. There were moments when the tutor would ask for participation but most of the period was spent on just hearing them talk. If you're familiar with the princeton review MCAT prep courses that's what we got.Hello, If there is any alum from the recent years that can answer couple of questions about being on the track for retake of the MCAT:
1. What was the prep course like?
2. Do you receive a grade for the prep course other than your MCAT?
3. What days and times did the prep course take place or was it self paced?
4. Did you end up using outside material or just the course alone?
5. Do you feel the course helped you meet the score requirement?
Thank you!
2. No letter grades. It was treated as pass/fail with the criteria we were told to determine that being your attendance and completing requisite practice tests (your score on those tests did not matter you just had to complete them).
3. Monday, Wednesday, Thursday from 5:00-8:30 PM ET was our schedule this past year.
4. Used outside materials.
5. Speaking from my own experience, I didn't find it too helpful outside of tips on pacing and how to tackle questions.
NonTradBraniac
Full Member
i think since graduation is this week admin might be busy with that? but I know two weeks post interview is a pretty standard timeline, one week is very kind lolI’m guessing we might hear back Monday since they tend to send out acceptances on Mondays
NonTradBraniac
Full Member
if anyone is from this most recent cohort that met contract without any pending appeals and did the MCAT track would you mind DMing me please? thanks so much in advance!!
Similar threads
- Replies
- 307
- Views
- 44K
- Replies
- 664
- Views
- 106K