Cheapest MBA programs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

deuist

Stealthfully Sarcastic
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am trying to compile a list of the cheapest MBA programs around. Here is what I have so far:

New Charter University: $3,948 if completed in one year. More than likely will take longer and cost more.
Eastern New Mexico State University: $5977.50
Western Governors University: $6,500 if done in one year. More than likely will take longer and cost more.
William Howard Taft University: $8,100
California Coast University: $8,280
Ashworth College: $8,400
University of Louisiana Monroe: $9736.35. This program is only one on this list that is recognized by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).

Cheap MBA.net has a list from 2012

Of course, you could always try an online program from abroad. Don Brosco University in India boasts an MBA that--as far as I can tell--costs about $2,400.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I wonder at what point we admit that our entire educational establishment has become a poo slinging diploma mill in the name of egalitarianism.

Sent from my A110 using Tapatalk 2

I am trying to compile a list of the cheapest MBA programs around. Here is what I have so far:

New Charter University: $3,948 if completed in one year. More than likely will take longer and cost more.
Eastern New Mexico State University: $5977.50
Western Governors University: $6,500 if done in one year. More than likely will take longer and cost more.
William Howard Taft University: $8,100
California Coast University: $8,280
Ashworth College: $8,400
University of Louisiana Monroe: $9736.35. This program is only one on this list that is recognized by the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB).

Cheap MBA.net has a list from 2012

Of course, you could always try an online program from abroad. Don Brosco University in India boasts an MBA that--as far as I can tell--costs about $2,400.
Don't waste your time at MBA programs outside of the top 20-40. An MBA from Rural Community College won't open up executive positions or even entry-level. Focus on programs like Virginia, Columbia, Chicago, Georgetown, Penn, Harvard, Yale, Northwestern, NYU, Michigan, Texas, Stanford, Cal-Berkley, Notre Dame, Cornell, Texas, North Carolina, Boston College and Emory.

Members don't see this ad :)
Don't waste your time at MBA programs outside of the top 20-40. An MBA from Rural Community College won't open up executive positions or even entry-level. Focus on programs like Virginia, Columbia, Chicago, Georgetown, Penn, Harvard, Yale, Northwestern, NYU, Michigan, Texas, Stanford, Cal-Berkley, Notre Dame, Cornell, Texas, North Carolina, Boston College and Emory.

Aren't those extremely expensive??

Aren't those extremely expensive??
They are very expensive, but the cheap MBA programs mentioned above have NO value whatsoever. I agree with meconium in that it is only worth it going to a top business school. It's not like going to a less competitive medical school where you will most likely be a doctor as long as your grades and scores are good.

They are very expensive, but the cheap MBA programs mentioned above have NO value whatsoever. I agree with meconium in that it is only worth it going to a top business school. It's not like going to a less competitive medical school where you will most likely be a doctor as long as your grades and scores are good.

No value in terms of what? I'm thinking of MBA then maybe administration... so should i get a MPH instead?

No value in terms of what? I'm thinking of MBA then maybe administration... so should i get a MPH instead?
Well, I would say that bulk of the value in an MBA comes from alumni contacts and job opportunities from just having a prestigious school on your resume. None of those cheaper MBA programs will offer that so you will essentially be paying for nothing. If administration is what you definitely want to do, I'd consider an MPH. However, I'm not actually sure how well an MBA could contribute to an admistrative career. I personally have an MBA, and I think it is a valuable part of my CV simply because it is from a great school.

Reactions: 1 user