0-6 programs that accept "transfer" students?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

PharmBoy90

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm not technically a freshman, but I am willing to start over fresh in a 0-6 program even if I can't use any of my previous credits...are there any programs out there that are open to accepting applicants such as myself?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm not technically a freshman, but I am willing to start over fresh in a 0-6 program even if I can't use any of my previous credits...are there any programs out there that are open to accepting applicants such as myself?

When you say because you can't use your previous credits is it because you didn't do well or that they are non-science? Some of them do take transfers..some directly into the professional phase of the program and some into the different years of the pre-pharm curriculum. But, it's hard to get in if you academically messed up, because the programs are usually intended for super bright high schoolers.

If you just did a year already and your grades are good then you can look into transferring, but the number of seats available is often dependent on how many students dropped the program..

Last edited:
When you say because you can't use your previous credits is it because you didn't do well or that they are non-science? Some of them do take transfers..some directly into the professional phase of the program and some into the different years of the pre-pharm curriculum. But, it's hard to get in if you academically messed up, because the programs are usually intended for super bright high schoolers.

If you just did a year already and your grades are good then you can look into transferring, but the number of seats available is often dependent on how many students dropped the program..

I can use my previous credits, I was just saying that because most 0-6 programs don't accept applicants who have already been enrolled in college, I would be willing to not use my previous credits if it means I could start over fresh in a 0-6 program.

I can use my previous credits, I was just saying that because most 0-6 programs don't accept applicants who have already been enrolled in college, I would be willing to not use my previous credits if it means I could start over fresh in a 0-6 program.

Check out Rutgers and MCPHS Boston. I know those do for sure. And you can get the list of the others on: http://www.aacp.org/resources/student/pharmacyforyou/admissions/Pages/compareuspharmacyprograms.aspx Boston has specific prereqs for the different years..it may not match up perfectly with what you've taken but if you were interested in going there, you could say take prereqs for 'year 2', for example.