1. It’s Test Prep Week! Visit the Test Prep Forums to learn about test prep products and services, ask questions in test-related AMA threads, take advantage of exclusive SDN member discounts, and enter to win free stuff!

03/01/13 DAT Scores. What do you think?

Discussion in 'DAT Discussions' started by ChipsAhoyMcCoy, Mar 5, 2014.

1. SDN is made possible through member donations, sponsorships, and our volunteers. Learn about SDN's nonprofit mission.
  1. ChipsAhoyMcCoy

ChipsAhoyMcCoy

Mar 5, 2014
    Okay, so I took the DAT a couple days ago, and these are my scores.

QR 16
    PAT 18
    RC 20
    BIO 20
    OC 21
    GC 23

TS 21
    AA 20

Should I retake? Need advice, please.

Here's my breakdown:

Timeframe: Studied for three months. Started in the beginning of December

BIO: Cliff's AP Bio 3rd ed. is a must (I think this is obvious by now). I read over Cliff's like 5 times. Did all the problems out of the 2012 DAT Destroyer, Completed all 5 DAT Bootcamp test, 2007 & 2009 DAT, also did all 10 Q-vault test. I'm not a biology major and I studied for this section really hard. I'm really happy I scored a 20 in this section just knowing how random it can be. I'm pretty sure I needed to know some upper level biology to answer 2 or 3 questions. I was scoring 17's and 18's in DAT Bootcamp.

OC: Chads videos of course. Did all the problems out of the 2012 DAT Destroyer, Completed all 5 DAT Bootcamp test, also did all 10 Q-vault test. I thought DAT Bootcamp and DAT Q-vault represented the real DAT the most. I was scoring around 18 my first time doing Bootcamp.

GC: Chads videos is the best for this section. Did all the problems out off the 2012 DAT Destroyer twice. The first time, I got destroyed so I went through it again making sure I knew how to do the problems. Completed all 5 Dat Bootcamp test, also did all 10 Q-vault test. I was scoring 20's in almost all the DAT Bootcamp tests. Again, DAT Bootcamp and Q-vault represented the real DAT the most.

RC: I didn't do a single test for this section. I looked over it in DAT Bootcamp, but I never completed a test. The only time I did an RC test was when I purchased the 2009 DAT, I didn't even bother with the 2007 DAT RC passage. Most of my questions were in order of the passage. Also, I got either 1 or 2 questions per passage asking those questions if the statement is true and the reason is false etc. My first passage was a passage on quantum physics, my 2nd passage was about a bacteria that infected the stomach, and my 3rd passage was on hurricanes. Such random passages.

PAT: DAT Bootcamp test 1, random Q-vault questions, and 2007 & 2009. I didn't put as much time into this section as I should have, and it shows. This section was nothing like the 2007 DAT. If I retake, I am definitely going to do all DAT Bootcamp test. That website, I believe, has really good practice problems and great solutions to the problems.

QR: I took two Q-vault test, 2007 & 2009 DAT. Wish I would have studied this more. The 2007 DAT was way too easy, and the 2009 DAT was way too hard. I thought my QR section represented the 2009 DAT in difficulty. I wish I would have done Bootcamp test. I spent too much time studying for the sciences.

Last edited: Mar 6, 2014
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. ICUrunning

ICUrunning On the Iron Path 2+ Year Member

Oct 22, 2012
    'MURICA
    You have great scores. I personally would not retake. However, some schools have a requirement of 17 for all sections which you do not have for your QR section making your application void.

Unfortunately, SDNers don't know which schools do this.