1 Interview Invite So Far...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CrypticRomantic

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Truly sorry that you're in this position. Looking back, I'm not sure you got great advice in terms of applying to psych... but it is what it is at this point.

If this was 10/21, I would say apply to 100 IM programs, and you'll probably get some bites. I just don't know how quickly the stream of interviews may be drying up at this point, but the only downside is money... only you can say how tight that is right now after already applying to 140 programs.

Unless you already somehow have an LOR from FM, I wouldn't sink a ton of time into that. There's no way you can pull that together in a couple of days, and by the time you could it seems like it would almost definitely be too late. But if you wanted to get an FM LOR just in case you do have to SOAP, that might not be a terrible idea.

Finally, this goes without saying, but don't lose hope. All you need is one interview to match, and you have one. Knock it out of the park :)

Reactions: 2 users
Truly sorry that you're in this position. Looking back, I'm not sure you got great advice in terms of applying to psych... but it is what it is at this point.

If this was 10/21, I would say apply to 100 IM programs, and you'll probably get some bites. I just don't know how quickly the stream of interviews may be drying up at this point, but the only downside is money... only you can say how tight that is right now after already applying to 140 programs.

Unless you already somehow have an LOR from FM, I wouldn't sink a ton of time into that. There's no way you can pull that together in a couple of days, and by the time you could it seems like it would almost definitely be too late. But if you wanted to get an FM LOR just in case you do have to SOAP, that might not be a terrible idea.

Finally, this goes without saying, but don't lose hope. All you need is one interview to match, and you have one. Knock it out of the park :)
Thanks I appreciate it! I do have a FM LOR. I am just wondering if FM is less competitive than community IM programs or on par?

Thanks I appreciate it! I do have a FM LOR. I am just wondering if FM is less competitive than community IM programs or on par?
I mean, who knows. I think a little less competitive. But when it'll take you a week to throw together an FM application you're probably better just adding more community IM programs.

Reactions: 1 user