1 interview

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

CPT_L31

Physician
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey guys,

So a little background. I received a military scholarship for med school. Afterward I did a PGY-1 year in IM and was midway through second year when I was forced to resign. I completed the rest of my service obligation and left in 2019. I applied to 126 programs and so far only have 1 interview. At this point, do you think it would be helpful to apply for more or not? My sense is that most places already sent out all their interview spots.

Any other words of wisdom at this point?

Members don't see this ad.

why were you forced to resign? Why did you leave the military in 2019? What is your YOG?

Apply to more places, esp if you have connections. Not all places have filled up their spots though getting close. I would tailor the application, last paragraph for example of your personal statement saying why this place, this program if you have a good reason.

I'd also start reaching out to places you liked and have a decent chance at.

Hey guys,

So a little background. I received a military scholarship for med school. Afterward I did a PGY-1 year in IM and was midway through second year when I was forced to resign. I completed the rest of my service obligation and left in 2019. I applied to 126 programs and so far only have 1 interview. At this point, do you think it would be helpful to apply for more or not? My sense is that most places already sent out all their interview spots.

Any other words of wisdom at this point?
You need to see what your old PD is saying...probably why you are not getting anything of you are otherwise competitive .
Programs are always going to reach out to the old Pd.

Reactions: 4 users
It's a long story, but my PD did not like me. Before you accuse me of making excuses, know that 3 people aside from me were forced to resign as well. Two others from my class and one above me. I finished my service obligation in 2019 and honorably discharged.

Unfortunately, there is always more to the story. Why didn't he like you? Any idea what he would be saying in a letter he would write or a phone call he would make?

Reactions: 1 user
Are u Ignaz Semmelweiss or something? Nothing makes a person more hated and ostracized than telling the truth and on top of that having the impudent audacity of being right! Not the way to go in any armed forces, except perhaps Israel that simply cannot afford to have idiots in higher command due to the small population pool from which to draw its recruits.