1 Month left, should I push back?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

docontheroc

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
kicking myself for not researching how to studying for this thing earlier...

at a total loss about what to do going forward. ill get to the point

uworld 1st run through (finished earlier this week): 52%
NBME 1 (today): 216
will have finished my first comprehensive runthrough of FA with annotations by the end of this next week.

i was planning on running through incorrects on uworld, going through FA as many times as humanely possible, and doing all the NBMEs. went into this wanting a 250+ but have been readjusting my expectations every since.

test date is 4/7. how much can i push my score up realistically? other things i should try i do/change? should i push back?

thanks in advance

Members don't see this ad.

kicking myself for not researching how to studying for this thing earlier...

at a total loss about what to do going forward. ill get to the point

uworld 1st run through (finished earlier this week): 52%
NBME 1 (today): 216
will have finished my first comprehensive runthrough of FA with annotations by the end of this next week.

i was planning on running through incorrects on uworld, going through FA as many times as humanely possible, and doing all the NBMEs. went into this wanting a 250+ but have been readjusting my expectations every since.

test date is 4/7. how much can i push my score up realistically? other things i should try i do/change? should i push back?

thanks in advance

How much more time could you give yourself? I've heard the newer NBME tests are better indicators of scores so you could try 6 or 7 and see if you're happier with that score.

Members don't see this ad :)
I pretty much strattled the mean for my class on most exams (though at a decent school). But M1/2 was a joke for me in that I didn't really need to try very hard/didn't really learn very much in a p/np curriculum. Which is why I am getting rocked now. I see that. No shelves done. Already in retrospect, I think I could've gotten 250+ if I had more foresight and prepped for this thing hard/smarter. Now I do think a 230, 240+ is still within reach, and would be happy with the later...

36 mcat. SATI/II/APs were stellar if that's at all relevant.

I pretty much strattled the mean for my class on most exams (though at a decent school). But M1/2 was a joke for me in that I didn't really need to try very hard/didn't really learn very much in a p/np curriculum. Which is why I am getting rocked now. I see that. No shelves done. Already in retrospect, I think I could've gotten 250+ if I had more foresight and prepped for this thing hard/smarter. Now I do think a 230, 240+ is still within reach, and would be happy with the later...

36 mcat. SATI/II/APs were stellar if that's at all relevant.

You have a month left to get going. I'd say stay with your timeline and get on it. Find out your weakness and address it with a h/y book or something similar. What's your Uworld score? RX? Kaplan?

im currently at the 4 week mark as well, and im starting to panic a little bit.

my situation:
-have taken 4 shelves
-finished DIT review course so have basically gone through FA once (no memorization yet)
-have 1450 uworld questions left. on the ones i have done so far 56% right

the current plan:
-go through FA 2-3 times to memorize it and cement the knowledge till test
-finish all remaining uworld qs
-get through as many goljan audio files as possible
-do the 2 practice tests with uworld

any suggestions/advice/comments about my situation would be very appreciated. thanks!

P.S. to the OP, it looks like you are not doing too shabby; it's especially awesome that you are done with UW

uworld was 52% first pass...now going through incorrect qs and it's itching up very slowly
i was 3/4s of the way through kaplan months ago before i switched to world and it was at 48%.

never did rx.

@entranced that's the most frustrating part is that ive gone through all this material and my scores are still low, hoping for some major knowledge consolidation soon

You have a month left to get going. I'd say stay with your timeline and get on it. Find out your weakness and address it with a h/y book or something similar. What's your Uworld score? RX? Kaplan?

I second the stick with it. However, if you do decide to push it back, remember that they're now charging a fee if you do it within 30 days of your test!

uworld was 52% first pass...now going through incorrect qs and it's itching up very slowly
i was 3/4s of the way through kaplan months ago before i switched to world and it was at 48%.

never did rx.

@entranced that's the most frustrating part is that ive gone through all this material and my scores are still low, hoping for some major knowledge consolidation soon

i'm sure you know more than you think! also, 3 weeks at 10-12 h/day is a pretty long block of time to get everything done. at least that's what i am telling myself for now. i just want to grind it out for 3 weeks and be done with it forever; that's part of why i dont feel like pushing it back-i dont want to feel more burned out than i already feel right now.

Its up to U, but like someone said in the above post THIS IS STEP 1.
An extra 3weeks would strengthen alot more UR weaknesses & POWER knowlegde.

Forget about the posponement fee of the center, its a small price to pay. If u have to pay the exam again bcuz u were borderline, can be a worse scenerio.

You can probably up UR grade by 10 percent if not more giving urself that extra time.

Only U know where u truly are at, and what u can do in the time u have left to maximize UR potential.
Good Luck In Ur studies....

By the way; How do u feel about DIT, thanks.