1 Month To Study?.... Please Help

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ariellebethany

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
So i have been 'studying' since february but with my work load it made it near impossible. I was in the kaplan class, which helped me to gets started with studying but not much more i dont think. Ive taken 2 practice tests so far and the grades havent been so good. Im doing gen chem right now with chad, but my worst sections are usually QR (which is weird im usually good at math) and the reading! (and bio...but i already know thats kind of a crapshoot :thumbup: )

Does anyone know where i can find a one month study plan?

Im using the destroyer, chads videos, kaplan online stuff, ap bio book.
My gpa is a 3.6 but i really need at least a 22 on my DAT to even have a chance at columbia.
So if anyone knows anything that can help please let me know!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Um this may be viewed as blasphemy but if you are set on top school like Columbia you may want slow down and do it right instead of rushing. Unless you are almost ready to go or the best crammer on earth this seems like a crazy plan.

I agree with the above; though... I crammed the last month and did fine. Are you an in-stater? I'm from NY and I'm also applying to Columbia, hahaha. Hopefully it helps to be a NY resident..

Anyway, you cannot depend on a study plan. But for me, since I was in your shoes not too long ago... I spent approximately 14 hours a day studying and yes, I did not have a social life during my winter break. I would take a lot of breaks though to relax! What I first did was study all the sciences, especially biology, and then I went to gen chem, and lastly orgo (I would say I'm fair in orgo so I spent the least time on it). After fully studying, I did Destroyer bit by bit every day. Upon completion of destroyer, I studied all over again and performed the same routine. Eventually, I just breezed through destroyer a couple more times and took the test. And oh yea, I had topscore too so I took a test after I was done studying to assess my standing

Members don't see this ad :)
lock yourself in an enclosed room, deactivate fb, turn off your blackberry/iphone/cell pphone whatever for however many weeks youre studying for, no more bbms/texts/lolly gagging phone calls, unplug ur flat screen TV, throw away all junk food buy healthy food that gives u energy, say byebye to your fake friends and sit in a corner with ur books all day everyday until u memorize that ish front and back and feel like the genius u are. once youve reached this point youll know youre on your way to scoring high enough for columbia dental. gluck buddy

lock yourself in an enclosed room, deactivate fb, turn off your blackberry/iphone/cell pphone whatever for however many weeks youre studying for, no more bbms/texts/lolly gagging phone calls, unplug ur flat screen TV, throw away all junk food buy healthy food that gives u energy, say byebye to your fake friends and sit in a corner with ur books all day everyday until u memorize that ish front and back and feel like the genius u are. once youve reached this point youll know youre on your way to scoring high enough for columbia dental. gluck buddy

Holy crap, even I didn't do it to that extent when I studied for 3.5 weeks, hahaha. However, I did somewhat lock myself in a room, obviously with the lock unlocked. I put my blackberry on silent and no flashing and threw it away on my bed so I wouldn't have to glance at my phone. Thirdly, since my laptop is on my desk, I basically unplugged the laptop with no battery and also threw that aside. I hardly texted. Facebook actually kept me sane, hahaha so... KEEP THAT ACTIVATED. But yes, bury yourself in books in the next month if you want to do well.

haha i actually did none of the above, (except for deactivating fb) it just seems like it would work though. the bbms & txts kept me sane.