<1 week left before exam...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

closertofine

Emerging from hibernation
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
and have admittedly not put in the time I should have all along. But how would you guys recommend spending these last six or so days? I've done and studied the NBMEs (though I still can't access the free 150 questions!), listened to Goljan, and done Kaplan Qbank (now realizing it probably wasn't that helpful)...but I still have some *major* weaknesses, cell/mol bio and biochem in particular, which I've heard are heavily tested this year!

Also other subjects, e.g. anatomy, neuro images, some pharm...but anyway...I do have a lot of books that I've collected (Kaplan Qbook, Robbins Review path, HY books), as well as First Aid (that I unfortunately haven't spent a lot of time with), but I'm a little overwhelmed as to how to focus.

I remember seeing some other threads like this, but I haven't been able to find them...so if anyone is annoyed by this thread and just wants to direct me to a similar one posted before, feel free to do so! :p

My first idea was just to do questions, as many as possible...but I started doing Robbins path, and while they are good and helpful questions, I'm not sure that they address the areas that I'm weak in (all that molecular stuff, etc...I'm not too bad at path, actually).

Thanks...OK, better go...they've decided to do some kind of drilling right outside my room, and I ran out of my migraine medication two days ago!

Members don't see this ad.

closertofine said:
and have admittedly not put in the time I should have all along. But how would you guys recommend spending these last six or so days? I've done and studied the NBMEs (though I still can't access the free 150 questions!), listened to Goljan, and done Kaplan Qbank (now realizing it probably wasn't that helpful)...but I still have some *major* weaknesses, cell/mol bio and biochem in particular, which I've heard are heavily tested this year!

Also other subjects, e.g. anatomy, neuro images, some pharm...but anyway...I do have a lot of books that I've collected (Kaplan Qbook, Robbins Review path, HY books), as well as First Aid (that I unfortunately haven't spent a lot of time with), but I'm a little overwhelmed as to how to focus.

I remember seeing some other threads like this, but I haven't been able to find them...so if anyone is annoyed by this thread and just wants to direct me to a similar one posted before, feel free to do so! :p

My first idea was just to do questions, as many as possible...but I started doing Robbins path, and while they are good and helpful questions, I'm not sure that they address the areas that I'm weak in (all that molecular stuff, etc...I'm not too bad at path, actually).

Thanks...OK, better go...they've decided to do some kind of drilling right outside my room, and I ran out of my migraine medication two days ago!

I'll send you the free 150 if you have AIM or some other way for me to do it. Honestly though, I think they're easier than other question banks, and definitely don't compare to the NBMEs.

(nicedream) said:
I'll send you the free 150 if you have AIM or some other way for me to do it. Honestly though, I think they're easier than other question banks, and definitely don't compare to the NBMEs.

Thanks, that would be great...even if they are easier, it would still give me a little peace of mind to know that I'd at least glanced at them. I don't have AIM unfortunately, but I have several different email addresses...would that work? I can PM you with one (I think yahoo and hotmail are good for accepting large attachments).

Members don't see this ad :)
mshheaddoc said:
:luck: to you closer :D

/end thread hijack

Thanks! If you see me in the lounge this next week, tell me to get back to studying! :laugh: (though I may be on a study break...one of too many lately!)

closertofine said:
Thanks, that would be great...even if they are easier, it would still give me a little peace of mind to know that I'd at least glanced at them. I don't have AIM unfortunately, but I have several different email addresses...would that work? I can PM you with one (I think yahoo and hotmail are good for accepting large attachments).

Sure, PM me it and I'll try. By the way, it's 2006, time to get AIM!

(nicedream) said:
Sure, PM me it and I'll try. By the way, it's 2006, time to get AIM!

Nicedream, clean out your PM box! It's too full for me to send anything...

surrender903 said:
closer i take my comlex next thursday (the 13th), i hope we both rock our exams...
its been a LONG road

same day here...good luck to you too!

(cool tattoos, by the way!)

closertofine said:
Nicedream, clean out your PM box! It's too full for me to send anything...

Sorry, I just deleted all those love letters from mshhead.

seriously, though, any hints on ways to attack this last week of studying? I just did the 150 free questions, and did surprisingly...badly...yikes. Especially for such a supposedly easy set. Wasn't trying my best, but still.

I haven't picked up FA in a long time...that would probably be a good idea, right? Or just keep finding questions to do? Or read and re-read cell/mol bio and biochem HY?

Or maybe at this point, just going to bed might be the best idea. :oops:

closertofine said:
seriously, though, any hints on ways to attack this last week of studying? I just did the 150 free questions, and did surprisingly...badly...yikes. Especially for such a supposedly easy set. Wasn't trying my best, but still.

I haven't picked up FA in a long time...that would probably be a good idea, right? Or just keep finding questions to do? Or read and re-read cell/mol bio and biochem HY?

Or maybe at this point, just going to bed might be the best idea. :oops:

I'd say FA. If there's not a specific area or areas that you're weak on, that's your best bet for absorbing a broad spectrum of material fast. Good luck, and don't lose your confidence! :cool:

(nicedream) said:
I'd say FA. If there's not a specific area or areas that you're weak on, that's your best bet for absorbing a broad spectrum of material fast. Good luck, and don't lose your confidence! :cool:

thanks, will do. I'm also supposed to be in clinic the two afternoons before my exam, so that will cut back on my studying time...but it's the VA hospital, so maybe I'll learn a few things about HTN, COPD, erectile dysfunction, etc that will help me out :p