1 Year Intensive Post Bacc Programs- Any that don't start in May?

Started by Dance864
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Dance864

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Do any of the one year intensive post-bacc programs (goucher, scripps, bryn mawr, uva, etc) have mid-late june start dates? Most programs seem to start chemistry in May which might pose a challenge for me. If I took 1 semester of gen chem where I am currently living would that possibly allow me to arrive later? Would that be looked down upon by programs?

Just looking for experiences/thoughts. I will contact programs I am interested in to get more info.🙂
 
Last edited:
Do any of the one year intensive post-bacc programs (goucher, scripps, bryn mawr, uva, etc) have mid-late june start dates? Most programs seem to start chemistry in May which might pose a challenge for me. If I took 1 semester of gen chem where I am currently living would that possibly allow me to arrive later? Would that be looked down upon by programs?

Just looking for experiences/thoughts. I will contact programs I am interested in to get more info.🙂

A significant portion of Bryn Mawr's class (upwards of a 1/3) start the fall semester and instead take Orgo the summer after the fall/spring semesters.
 
Thanks for the reply! With taking orgo the summer after, do those students still apply to med school that summer/take MCAT that spring/summer?
 
Thanks for the reply! With taking orgo the summer after, do those students still apply to med school that summer/take MCAT that spring/summer?

Yes, many applied to med school that same summer and took the MCAT at the end of the summer semester after Orgo around August. It's definitely doable.

Also I would advise against taking prereqs outside of the program.