1 year until Test Day

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MowgliR

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I'm planning on taking the DAT next summer. I am going to be a soph. I have taken gen chem already and will be taking gen bio and ochem this coming year along with Calc 2 in the Fall and Integ. Science and Math for elementary teachers in the Spring.

I am figuring out things I can do to rock the dat next summer. Aside from focusing in gen bio and ochem, what else can I do? I brush up on my gen chem once in a while, nothing to serious. When I'm bored I watch Chad's videos over and over. I read articles.

I was thinking about buy PAT Royal Flush and just learning it now since I have nothing to do before school starts. Would it be a good idea to purchase CDP now, and just use the update option next summer? CDP sounds like something fun to do during thanksgiving break and winter break. I was thinking into basics of PAT now and then working on speed when its time to power study.

Any advice is appreciated :D.

Members don't see this ad.

Thats a good idea for PAT.

Make sure you have both semesters of bio chem and ochem done be4 you take the exam

Chad's videos are really good.

But the thing is, you dont wanna burn out by studying all year. Maybe what you could do if you really wanna get ontop of stuff is..read a different chapter a month in a different subject. that way you go slow. dont bother with practice tests until next summer

Chads videos, kaplan bb, crack pat, destroyer, your textbooks, achiever, topscore, and cliffs ap bio are all things you should eventually get.

Thats a good idea for PAT.

Make sure you have both semesters of bio chem and ochem done be4 you take the exam

Chad's videos are really good.

But the thing is, you dont wanna burn out by studying all year. Maybe what you could do if you really wanna get ontop of stuff is..read a different chapter a month in a different subject. that way you go slow. dont bother with practice tests until next summer

Chads videos, kaplan bb, crack pat, destroyer, your textbooks, achiever, topscore, and cliffs ap bio
are all things you should eventually get.

Thanks for the reply!

Already saving up :D

I'm sorry, CDP is NOT fun lol. I used to think the whole PAT was really fun when I first started but it got boring quick. I bought the 5 test version of CDP (but also had achiever/top score) and each PAT was just so tiresome. You really do use 100% of your brain power or you'll see a significant drop in your score.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think its fun too...I think of it as a brain teaser. I find that I do better when I make myself excited about this kind of stuff. Thats the only way I can do well in the reading section. That and being a fast reader I guess..

don't think you have enough time to study, t-rex. bump your test bak a few weeks to make sure you don't rush this.

I would forget everything I learned if I started studying a year before my test. Hell, I don't even remember stuff I studied a month ago lol.