1 yr class @ different schools?

Started by Aoshivam
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Aoshivam

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey guys,

Does anyone know if it is ok to take 1 year science sequence (such as general chem 101, 102) at different commnity colleges? I plan to take 101 at one school and 102 at another school next semester. Both schools are all within the same community college district, so course numberings are identical and I believe the course objectives are the same, too.

However, I am worried that if I do that, schools will not accept them. I wonder if these 1 year sequences must be taken at the same institution.

Any ideas?
 
I took classes at 5 different CC's and a 4 year school...I have already been accepted to a school
 
I would check with the community colleges. Just because they have the same course listings and objectives doesn't mean they will cover certain objectives in certain semesters since it's a one year sequence. The respective faculty members may not what work together.

If that's fine though, you should be okay. If anything you can just explain that to the admissions. I would just call a few programs though and see what they say. Most programs are easy to reach and would gladly help you out.