10/20 DAT done!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

LB4Life

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
First off, I'm taking the DAT for entrance to Podiatry School. I've yet to complete Physics and therefore did not want to try to tackle the MCAT. A 17 is the minimum accepted score so I go exactly the score I needed, what a relief to be finished!

Perceptual Ability
14 :oops: - Didn't study for this section at all as my score clearly shows. Podiatry schools don't place a high value on this so I put very little effor into it. I was scoring around 16 on Topscore however. The angle rankings on the real DAT were quite difficult.
QR
14 :confused: - Pretty difficult, I was scoring 15-16 on Topscore and actually enjoyed this portion of the test as I thought I was doing quite well. Guess not!
RC
21 :D - Always excelled at reading so I was looking forward to this section. Passages were very straight forward, only a couple of tone questions. I tackled it by reading the first and last paragraphs, then outlining key words from the remaining paragraphs.
Bio
17 - This section was TOUGH :eek:! 5-6 questions that were completely out of left field. I was getting 17-19 on Topscore tests. Don't know what to tell you here. Even after taking the exam I don't know what I would do differently. I'm a Bio major so I feel as though my background is quite broad, it's just such a broad topic.
Gen Chem
17 - Like everyone else has said, limited number of calculations, mostly conceptual. Topscore is accurate.
OChem
16 - I wasn't expecting much here as I've only taken OChem I, I knew I was lacking in this section. I feel Topscore is accurate in this section.
TS
AA

I used Kaplan blue book, Destroyer, and Topscore. The last week I started reading Campbell and If I had to do it over, I would recommend tackling a chapter or two from this per night to perhaps familiarize yourself with some of the left field bio questions. Overall the test was about what I was expecting. Topscore, in my experience, is just a bit easier than the real exam. I studied for about 2 months, 15hrs/week, more in the final 2 weeks.

Members don't see this ad.