10 or 13 Credits?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

El Curandero

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello all,

I've been studying for the MCAT for about a month and I'm planning to either take it in April or May depending on how prepared I feel in March. My question is should I take 10 or 13 credits during the semester? I haven't taken orgo II or Biochem yet and I realized how much a beast the new 2015 MCAT is going to be because there is SO much information tested on it. Would it look really bad if I took ten credits? I would probably make up the three credits in a summer online class..The class is Adolescent Psych, which might slightly be on the MCAT (Eriksons Psychosocial Development, ect.)

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Don't you need 12 credits to be a full time student? Also you might not want to use your real name online.

Personally, I was taking 13 hours a week and had some work on the side...I studied on weekends for about the first 4-5 weeks of the semester and then just stopped trying cause stuff just piled up. Take as few as possible imo, so 10.

Members don't see this ad :)
tomorrow would be my last day to add the class, anyone else have any opinions? I just don't want it to be a red flag for admins. Does anyone know adolescent psychology is going to be a major topic on the Social Science portion of the MCAT (I doubt it)

I would look at the syllabus for the class and see if it is writing/reading intensive and let that help you decide. If you dont need the class for your major/minor or its not a special interest of yours, I wouldnt bother with it. I have taken an adolescent psych class and at my school it wasnt hard or a lot of work.