100% outpatient general pediatric jobs

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

blue.jay

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
Is it easy to get 1FTE 100% outpatient general pediatric jobs without calls/nursery rounding for fresh graduates ? What is median salary for those positions ? Is it easy to get these jobs within 50 miles of any major city with international airport ?

Members don't see this ad.

It seemed easy to me. All anecdotal, but of my residency class that just graduated in July four of us went into primary care in the northeast and all of us are 100% outpatient. We all have call, but it's nurse triage so actual calls are very infrequent and we never would have to go in. Two of us are more rural, but one is just outside Boston, one's in Manhattan. Me and the one outside of Boston both make just over $200k (I forget the exact percentage based on the MGMA data, but that's pretty good for the north east), not sure about the other two. When I was looking for jobs my geographic search was narrow, but I interviewed at 5 places that were 100% outpatient or were transitioning to that in the next year. From what I've heard it can be quite variable depending on the location, but it seems like that's the direction many places are heading towards.