1. The SDN iPhone App is back and free through November! Get it today and please post a review on the App Store!
    Dismiss Notice
  2. Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice

Interview Feedback: Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Interviewing Masterclass: Free masterclass on interviewing from SDN and Medical College of Georgia

?

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by ChiaPet312, Apr 4, 2004.

1. ChiaPet312

ChiaPet312 Senior Member
    7+ Year Member

i've got a bunch of basic questions concerning PDA's. i don't know anything about them, but I've noticed alot of ppl have been talking bout buying them for medical school.

1. what are pda's useful for (for medical school students)?

2. how do they work? internet connection, email, phone?

3. what are some good brands/types and around what price is a good amount to spend on a pda?

Thanks!

2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. Kalel

Kalel Membership Revoked
    Removed

don't buy one until the beginning of your third year of med school. The prices will have dropped and the technology will have significantly changed by then, and you don't really need one during your preclinical years.

4. Gleevec

Gleevec Peter, those are Cheerios
    7+ Year Member

By the time most people applying now will be in clinicals (3 years from now), most pdas will probably have good wireless internet functionality and perhaps cell phone functionality for the price of an average PDA right now.

Definitely worth waiting, because the next big jump in PDA tech is wireless data and cellular telephone voice communications. Some models are out now, but theyre $$$. They should be the standard by the time we're doing clinicals though.

5. exmike

exmike NOR * CAL
    10+ Year Member

Fellow [Any Field]
    Wait, unless you're a technophile like me. Then you can buy one now and replace it in your third year under the pretense of "updating" your hardware.

Some schools provide PDAs too.