12 days left!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

SperryRower

SperryRower
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Thanks you all for being an awesome resource. I've been lurking on here for awhile and much of the advice I've seen has helped me out. I'm looking for a little more help with how to focus my last 12 days until D-Day, and I need an honest opinion of where you guys think I stand. My scores are in the attached file.

I think that I've slacked on ochem (I did well in my courses) and QR (I do a lot of math, so it's easy to get that up). Here's what I plan to do in the last few days:

Review Feralis Bio notes
Go through Destroyers, mainly focusing on missed Qs
2007 and 2009 tests
Achiever Test 7
Relax

Thanks in advance for the help!

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• DAT Practice Tests.JPG
    DAT Practice Tests.JPG
    71.6 KB · Views: 73
It'll be a fun day. Based on the recommendations, I went ahead and got BC. Here are my scores from this morning (Test 1):

Bio/Gchem/Ochem/PAT/RC/QR/AA (just mean)
23/23/20/21/21/23/21.8

I did this just like I would an Achiever test, with the 15 minute break. Heads up to anyone who hasn't used BC: IT DOESN'T SAVE YOUR SCORES. I noticed that after I finished the SNS, so I have to go through and re-take those at some point...

Members don't see this ad :)
Cheers. I used search and destroy since I wasn't too focused cause I didn't sleep much, but I usually read the whole passage quickly [unless I really can't stand the topic]. Usually by the end of the first paragraph I know what method I'm going to use based on the length and my interest level in the subject.

I did the 2009 ADA practice test yesterday and got the following scores:

Bio/GC/OC/PAT/RC/QR/TS/AA
21/24/21/23/22/18/21/21

Luckily with 6 days left, I know what to focus on in terms of bio, ochem, and (especially) QR. However, the QR questions on this test were harder than I've encountered previously, so I doubt the real ones will be this difficult.

And the 2009 test seems to have quite a few errors. For example, on 31 of SNS, the answer should be metaphysis since the growth plates of long bones are there, and the epiphyseal line is in the ephiphysis, and that's where the growth plates end up in adults.

Thanks! I sure hope so! I'm trying to relax now, but with being six days out, it still feels like there's so much to review

Thanks! I sure hope so! I'm trying to relax now, but with being six days out, it still feels like there's so much to review
according to your scores on BC, you will get at least 20 on an actual test. People usually score higher on the actual exam, but never lower when compared to BC.
Walk in with confidence and take a deep breath.
In case this helps you, I did all 300+ GC Destroyer problems a day before my exam and it really helped a lot.
Also, when you walk into the testing center, there will be a silencing headphone and it will make you hear your own heartbeat which really made me even more nervous haha

according to your scores on BC, you will get at least 20 on an actual test. People usually score higher on the actual exam, but never lower when compared to BC.
Walk in with confidence and take a deep breath.
In case this helps you, I did all 300+ GC Destroyer problems a day before my exam and it really helped a lot.
Also, when you walk into the testing center, there will be a silencing headphone and it will make you hear your own heartbeat which really made me even more nervous haha
Would you say going through bootcamp twice is worth it? or stick with destroyer? the last couple days before the test

Would you say going through bootcamp twice is worth it? or stick with destroyer? the last couple days before the test
I thought going through BC twice was definitely worth it because even second time going through it, there were still some questions that I kept on missing so I focused on those.
Go through both Destroyer and Bootcamp, but mainly Destroyer
a couple days should be enough time for you to go through both of them.