This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

nemonobody12345

5+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I expunged my misdemeanor of criminal mischief and was accepted to DO school my first try......however I wasn't convicted, my charges were dropped, so I don't know if that played a role....

Regardless of what happens with going to med school, congratulations on turning your situation around. I think the way that you wrote your post here may be a good start on how you could address this issue in PS Or secondaries. I had an expunged misdemeanor charge and chose not disclose it in AMCAS. See the link below. You don't have to disclose a misdemeanor if you have it expunged. If you are able to obtain an expungement I would pursue that quickly, before you apply. Individual schools may still ask if you have any misdemeanors or have ever had anything expunged but IMO that is over the top. There's a reason courts allow for expungement, and that's to give you a fresh start. FWIW I consulted with an attorney and ended up being accepted and passing through all background checks just fine. I would urge you to get some legal advice from an actual attorney. Conduct Violations | Duke Office of Health Professions Advising