Kpw101

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
Your upward trend is very good especially since it's over two years. In my honest opinion I would take the MCAT first and see what you score. If you score at least a 510 and have good or excellent ECs you should be in good shape. There's not that much of a difference between a 3.2-3.3 or 3.3 - 3.4. Your MCAT will determine your competitiveness at this point.

Kpw101

5+ Year Member
Jul 18, 2013
Status
Medical Student
thanks! would i be able to apply broadly if i score decently well (studying right now and shooting for a 515+)? my goal is just any low-tier MD, with maybe a few mid-tier and low-yield schools thrown in. i just understand i needed grade repair (considering MD average is a 3.7 ive heard).

so far with EC's:

research: 1800 hrs, 2 posters, submitting 2 pubs this semester (1 clinical from 850 hrs of clinical research)
clinical volunteering: 315 hrs (285 from hs), at same hospital continuously over 5 years, i go to college out of state, might work towards raising this
nonclinical: none, but wanna work on this year to get to at least 100
shadowing: 12, gonna try to raise to 50 by end of this semester/year
clubs: president of a human rights organization, write for some journals, etc.
You're ECs look great! If you get a 515+ you will definitely be competitive at a few schools regardless of your GPA. Consult with the MSAR and hopefully some more forum members can comment.

You'd also be very competitive for D.O schools. Have you considered applying both MD/DO?

About the Ads