This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Zombiegirl

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
-

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi everyone, I tried to find a specific thread on this before, but couldn't find one. What is an "upward trend" exactly? For example, I have a 3.35 uGPA and a 3.42 sGPA, but my last two semesters averaged a 3.9 GPA, including organic chemistry II, physics II and biochemistry with labs.. but only 20 credits total including other classes (was working as a Orgo LA and research coordinator part-time). Does this count as an upward trend or is it too weak to tell?

Thanks!
It's an upward trend, but you will be better served by aceing a more rigorous course schedule. Med school is tougher than what you are taking now.

Reactions: 2 users
Understandable. In my defense, they were they only classes I had left to take, and while I could've taken more, I was working two part time jobs totaling 40 hours a week on top of the 10 credits each of relatively time-consuming classes.
That counts for something. Employment history is good in my book. Your 10 credits were with what classes??

Members don't see this ad :)
It was 20 credits over two semesters, including Orgo II, Orgo II lab, Physics II, Physics II lab, Biochemistry, Sociology, Psychology, and two other non-BCPM lectures, one in research and the other university required. All A/A+ except A- in Biochem I believe. Nothing crazy, but hopefully schools will see that I'm not unmotivated (obviously I have other evidence in my app, just not where GPA is concerned unfortunately)
OK, this is a little more clear. What you have done is nothing to sneeze at!

Reactions: 2 users
OK, this is a little more clear. What you have done is nothing to sneeze at!
That makes me feel a little better. Easy to get discouraged looking at stats for a couple days. Thanks for your feedback, Goro!