1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Download free Tapatalk for iPhone or Tapatalk for Android for your phone and follow the SDN forums with push notifications.
    Dismiss Notice
Dismiss Notice
Visit Interview Feedback to view and submit interview information.

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by mariposas905, Apr 16, 2018.

1. mariposas905

Pre-Medical

#1 mariposas905, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Sep 15, 2018
  2. Note: SDN Members do not see this ad.

3. FlavivirusProtease

Pre-Medical
    How limited? Will you be able to get on almost daily, once a week, never?

If you can get on about once every 3 days to decent speed internet, here's what I think you should do:
    1. Pre-write all your secondaries. Have them done before July 1st so all you have to do is fill out the questionnaire and paste your essay into the textbox.
    2. Begin to fill all the secondaries as they come in in early July, hope that you have almost all of them done before going on the trip.
    3. Put your essay on 2+ flash drives as well as your computer. SERIOUSLY. Keep one flash drive in your carry on and one in your checked in luggage. Keep your laptop on you. When you get there, keep all 3 copies of your essays in different safe places. Losing them would suck. Alternatively, if your internet access is good enough, you can keep all your essays on Google Drive or Dropbox. I don't like that option though, as it makes you twice as dependent on solid internet access.
    4. Get on the internet as frequently as possible to check your email for secondaries. It shouldn't take more than 20 minutes to fill one out since you already have everything ready.

Enjoy the trip and do the secondaries as they come in.

#2 FlavivirusProtease, Apr 16, 2018
    Last edited: Apr 16, 2018
  4. NickNaylor

NickNaylor Thank You for Smoking
    Physician Lifetime Donor Classifieds Approved 10+ Year Member

Resident [Any Field]
    There is more to life than things that you can list on professional school applications. It sounds like a cool opportunity - I would do it if you’re interested.

5. cj_cregg

2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    The 10 hour work days shouldn't be an issue as long as you have good time management skills and/or prewrite. The lack of internet might be more challenging. If you can check emails and upload essays a few times a week and follow the excellent advice above, you should be in good shape. If you can't, would it be possible to get an international data plan and hotspot your phone?

6. 21Rush12

21Rush12 Searching a cave behind a waterfall
    Gold Donor Classifieds Approved 2+ Year Member

Medical Student
    Do you want to do it or not?

You could do it and find a way to manage the Med school app process, but if you don’t want to do that then don’t go.

I think secondaries will keep you busy, but as others have said if you can manage time and get online a couple times a week it’s totally possible.

7. Forever Geebs

Pre-Medical
    Do it if you want to. Soliciting help from anonymous folks to sway your opinion one or the other tells me you may not really want it OR you want it but want us to convince you that it’s not with it. Remember, YOLO.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

8. mariposas905

Pre-Medical

#7 mariposas905, Apr 17, 2018
  9. mariposas905

Pre-Medical

#8 mariposas905, Apr 17, 2018