This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

drose234

7+ Year Member
Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Hi guys,

I got invited to Marist for an interview on September 14. I was reaching out to see if anyone else has an interview there the same day, and if they wanted to meet up the day before to discuss more about the program. I think it would be cool to kind of work together before heading into the interview. I hope we all get in!

They’re not acreddited if I recall correctly...

Members don't see this ad :)
It says on their website that they’ve been granted “Candidate for accreditation” and that it doesn’t ensure eventual accreditation. I’d be careful
Correct, we are not accredited yet. I am in the first (and only) cohort. Marist did just get their new PA program accredited, and we have so far passed all inspections with flying colors. Also, our director directed another DPT program successfully for a number of years and is very experienced. I was nervous about it too, but am confident we will be fine. Just wanted to clarify and put my two cents in, I do understand the concern :)
Also, we have class all that week, so if anyone does want to meet up, let me know and depending on our schedules, you guys can chat with some of us and we can answer any questions you may have. Good luck!

Reactions: 1 user
Hi kdubz7w7, would you be able to shed some light as to what your class schedule has been like throughout the semesters you have completed thus far? (for example: days/times of classes)?

Hi kdubz7w7, would you be able to shed some light as to what your class schedule has been like throughout the semesters you have completed thus far? (for example: days/times of classes)?
Sure. Our first two tri's, classes were Mon - Thurs, roughly 8:30 to 4 (one day went to 5:30), gaps for lunch and whatnot. One day was light, only one class, which was an absolute godsend that I already miss. There's usually 1 to 2 hours between classes, once in awhile only a half hour.
Our third tri that we just started yesterday, it's Mon - Fri, 9-4/4:30, again with gaps. We are taking more classes and credits this tri.
That good, or do you want more detail? Although I do know they may change things next cohort.

Ah oh ok gotcha, that helps!. Thank you so much for your reply it is truly so helpful and sorry for all the questions..I am interested in Marist and it would be about a 1 hour and 10 minute commute so I was just trying to get somewhat of an idea of what the schedule looked like (between the commute, classes and studying time)

Ah oh ok gotcha, that helps!. Thank you so much for your reply it is truly so helpful and sorry for all the questions..I am interested in Marist and it would be about a 1 hour and 10 minute commute so I was just trying to get somewhat of an idea of what the schedule looked like (between the commute, classes and studying time)
No worries, it's a BIG decision. You'd be okay. If you think of anything else, let me know :)