This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Hr1900

Reaction score
2 weeks till the scores are released

Members don't see this ad.

we are in the same boat, so on Monday, we have to try step 3 application trick! I hope we passed! it is my second attempt

Members don't see this ad :)
I failed as well I’m an IMG, what did you do different the second time around?
I failed by my English, so I have been expose more time in United States, talking with Americans so just waiting! What about you? My first attempt was AT LA NOW I TOOK AT HOUSTON

I did not counsel many patients , I think the rest went good . I am afraid
You will pass because I remember I did not counsel my sp only I did 2 or 3 that they did not use condom/ or they used tobacco, the rest as long as u were kind did transitional phrases, explain diagnosis all those stuff will help u to pass CIS

Last edited:
I failed by my English, so I have been expose more time in United States, talking with Americans so just waiting! What about you? My first attempt was AT LA NOW I TOOK AT HOUSTON
I took mine in Philadelphia, and failed SEP and CIS. I’m planning to take it in Houston the second time. Wish you luck.

For those that passed, I have a question about the differential diagnoses and work up sections. Let's say you came up with 3 differential diagnoses. Should the work up section include only the tests needed to differentiate among the three diagnoses that you proposed OR should the work up include other tests that may support other possible diagnoses that you did not include in your top three?

I tried today the trick, but the app.says that i am.still not eligible for step 3 registration . Does this trick work for IMGs?
Yes, for ImG AMG . I am IMG so I will try 12am I will post I saw the last group (August) the could register to step 3 the day before

Members don't see this ad :)
Today is sunday.are you sure they will release the scores today? I think they will rrlease them tomorrow so students can register for step 3
Yes tomorrow at 12:00am maybe but I saw people that they got their score in August they were able to register a day before so Tuesday! I hope we can do it tomorrow a 12am (0000)

In the past, folks reported the FSMB Step 3 application change at 9 AM EST. However, on an SDN thread of people waiting for August score reports, several people reported not seeing any FSMB change.

I'm not seeing any change on my end (Monday after 9am EST). This, despite, the fact that I have already received Steps 1 & 2 CK + my Step 2 CS box on the NBME site is clear (aka "permit gone" aka the only link I can click is "Full Details").
Perhaps "the trick" is no more.

If exam was taken 8/17 will scores come out this week? When will they come out

I failed ICE... Probably I did bad patient notes and/or ddx (I had jet lag that day, it was horrible :( ). I took both exams in Chicago. Hope we all pass! I don't know if the step 3 trick is working anymore.

If the step 3 trick works the day before why are you guys checking now? The scores do not come out until Wednesday.

Yes I also heard that someone called the FSMB to ask if this trick really exist O_O ...........
And probably the NBME recognized the trick thanks to this "someone" -.-"

Hmmm so for me the step 3 trick worked 4 weeks ago when I was trying to figure out if I passed CK. I passed both step 1 and step 2cs and was just waiting for my CK result. I was unable to register for step 3 on that Sunday prior to the results coming out but I was able to register that Monday in the am..so I was able to figure out if I passed CK. You have to have all other steps passed and waiting on either CS or CK in order for the trick to work. But who knows...they probably figured it out and you guys can no longer tell If being able to register for step 3 is an indication of passed CS exam...

Last edited:
Hmmm so for me the step 3 worked 4 weeks ago when I was trying to figure out if I passed CK. I passed both step 1 and step 2cs and was just waiting for my CK result. I was unable to register for step 3 on that Sunday prior to the results coming out but I was able to register that Monday in the am..so I was able to figure out if I passed CK. You have to have all other steps passed and waiting on either CS or CK in order for the trick to work. But who knows...they probably figured it out and you guys can no longer tell If being able to register for step 3 is an indication of passed CS exam...
Hope the trick doesnot work anymore. I dont think we all failed the exam in this thread . Let us hope we cant register dor step 3 because nbme solves the problem and the trick cant be done anymore.

Sent from my G8142 using SDN mobile