MD .

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

trashacct01

Reaction score

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
You could also try these schools with your stats:
Kaiser
California University
Loma Linda
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin

You could also try these schools with your stats:
Kaiser
California University
Loma Linda
Vermont
Quinnipiac
New York Medical College
Seton Hall
Drexel
Temple
Jefferson
Penn State
George Washington
NOVA MD
Oakland Beaumont
Western Michigan
Medical College Wisconsin
Rosalind Franklin

Thank you for the suggestions. Also, I just want to say that your dedication to helping others in this forum is nothing short of remarkable. It's people like you that make SDN an invaluable resource.

Members don't see this ad :)
@Goro do you have any feedback on my stats or additions to the list Faha posted?

@Goro is taking a break I think. You should be fine but I’d get some more hours in the nonclinical area. Be careful of applying to OOS public schools but I think you’ll have a chance at private schools. ADCOMS will know that the you of now isn’t the 18 year old you. Good luck.

@Goro is taking a break I think. You should be fine but I’d get some more hours in the nonclinical area. Be careful of applying to OOS public schools but I think you’ll have a chance at private schools. ADCOMS will know that the you of now isn’t the 18 year old you. Good luck.

Thanks for the feedback, I appreciate it.

@Goro if you're back in action now; when you have a moment, will you please take a look at my initial post and let me know if you have any feedback or additions to Faha's school list? Thank you.

Hello SDN. I need some help with a school list. Constructive criticisms welcome.

ORM, non-traditional student in my 30’s.

State of Residence:

GPA is on the low side due to not taking school seriously when I was 19, resulting in some F’s and D’s, as well as some W’s. I dropped out of college soon after and pursued other interests. Since returning to college much later in life, with purpose and drive, I've maintained a 4.0 GPA over the last 110 credits.

During the time between college enrollments, I have held leadership positions as a business owner, project manager, and managing businesses. Additionally, I’ve been employed in a variety of different jobs prior to the focus on business related pursuits.

School List:

I’ll apply to my state MD schools (UNLV and UNR) and Touro-NV but beyond those I’m not sure which schools I should target given my GPA history. Any help formulating a school list is greatly appreciated. Thanks for reading.
Get the non clinical volunteering > 100 hrs
I suggest:
Rochester (maybe)
Hofstra (maybe)
U Toledo
Dartmouth
U VM
Miami
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wayne State
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
Nova MD
CUSM
Your state schools
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me.

Get the non clinical volunteering > 100 hrs
I suggest:
Rochester (maybe)
Hofstra (maybe)
U Toledo
Dartmouth
U VM
Miami
Tufts
George Washington
Georgetown
SLU
Albany
Rosy Franklin
NYMC
MCW
VCU
EVMS
Wayne State
Wake Forest
Netter
Jefferson
Temple
Drexel
Creighton
Tulane
Loyola
Uniformed Services University/Hebert (just be aware of the military service commitment)
Oakland-B
Seton Hall
Nova MD
CUSM
Your state schools
Any DO program. I can't recommend Touro-NY, Nova, Wm Carey, LUCOM, for different reasons. MSUCOM? Read up on Larry Nasser and you decide. LMU has an accreditation warning, which concerns me.

Thank you for the feedback and school list, I appreciate it. I should be at least close to 100hrs by the time of application, if not a little over. Thanks again.